It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dick Cheney hunting incident

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

This is a very plausible scenario. But still even if it was Whittington's fault, wouldn't be humane of Cheney to offer some form of an apology to the guy after four years. I mean if I was in that situation and shot somebody by mistake even if it was their fault, I would say I'm sorry for putting that person through pain and maybe causing a heart attack. Cheney is still a heartless less than human being. Not to get off topic, but I guess it was Valerie Plames' fault too that she was outed by Cheney while an active CIA operative.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
reply to post by wasco2

This is a very plausible scenario. But still even if it was Whittington's fault, wouldn't be humane of Cheney to offer some form of an apology to the guy after four years.

Not to get off topic, but I guess it was Valerie Plames' fault too that she was outed by Cheney while an active CIA operative.

Cheney didn't out Valerie Plame, Robert Novak did. It's not like she was out in the field shooting it out with bad guys either. She manned a desk in Langley.

One thing in all this Cheney apology business is most people overlook the part where it says "publicly apologize". Whittington himself when asked whether he ever got a private apology from Cheney refuses to talk about. Since Cheney is a gentleman and long time Washington insider I would be very surprised if Whittington never got a private apology from him.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
A lot has been made about Cheney drinking but the fact is he had one beer at lunch and the accident happened hours later around 5:30pm. If you're not an irrational far left loon the whole incident was pretty unremarkable. Unfortunate for Mr.s Cheney and Whittington but not sinister.

That's not a fact. That's an unproven assertion.
The fact that you use the term "far left loon" tells me you listen to too much Sean Hannity. Your defense of Cheney is laughable. The way I read it went down, local leo tried to interview Cheney that night, and his security goon squad told them to come back the next morning after the boss sobered up. It may very well have been an innocent accident, I think the OP's theory is retarded, but you are doing an awful lot of explaining for a very corrupt and evil person, a draft dodging chicken hawk, with 5 draft deferments, who has a lot of innocent blood on his hands.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
That's not a fact. That's an unproven assertion.
The fact that you use the term "far left loon" tells me you listen to too much Sean Hannity. Your defense of Cheney is laughable. The way I read it went down, local leo tried to interview Cheney that night,

What you say contradicts the report filed by the Deputy that took it the next day, as ordered by the Sheriff:

www.thesmokinggun.com...

Edit:

By the way, Cheney's "thugs" as you call them are Secret Service agents. The Secret Service is possibly the finest law enforcement agency in the country and to call them "thugs" identifies you unequivocably as one of my aforementioned "far left loons". You do realize don't you these same "thugs" guard your Soros sock puppet in the White House?
edit on 3-1-2011 by wasco2 because: To add

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well who was this man? Was he involved into something, that leads to the assumption a Dick Chenney felt the need to silence him? Or is nothing of that kind known about him?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Well who was this man? Was he involved into something, that leads to the assumption a Dick Chenney felt the need to silence him? Or is nothing of that kind known about him?

He was a campaign contributor to Bush's campaigns and knew Cheney only slightly. Both Cheney and Whittington were invited to the hunt by the owner of the ranch. It was a regrettable hunting accident and nothing more. Besides, do you really think if Dick Cheney was going to have someone killed he would do it himself, in public even?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
A 28ga shotgun is not the ideal assasination weapon esspecially not with birdshot lol.

I am a 100% convinced this was an accident.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Didn't Cheney shoot him twice? I swear I remember of hearing that. But regardless, a 28 guage isn't an adequate murdering weapon but than again a .22 caliber isn't either and we know the damage a .22 can do, especially at close range. Accident or not he should not have received preferential treatment. If it were me or one of my buddies that accidentally shot someone we would have had consequences to pay. I don't believe Cheney did, correct me if I'm wrong on that.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
Didn't Cheney shoot him twice? I swear I remember of hearing that. But regardless, a 28 guage isn't an adequate murdering weapon but than again a .22 caliber isn't either and we know the damage a .22 can do, especially at close range. Accident or not he should not have received preferential treatment.

I'm pretty sure he only shot once. It was a double barrel shotgun so he had two shots but I'm sure the media would have been all over it if he had shot twice.

There's no indication he received preferential treatment. The proper authorities were notified within minutes. The sheriff, after speaking to a former sheriff onsite, decided it was an accident and a report could wait until the following day since there was no crime. Whittington could certainly have filed a civil suit for damages but apparently decided not to.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join