It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dick Cheney hunting incident

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A common theory in the UFOlogy community is that Dick Cheney is a man "in the know" about the existence of Extraterrestrial Biological Entities and Unidentified Flying Objects. I just thought of a rather pertinent question: is the Dick Cheney hunting incident an "accident" as it was claimed to be... or was it planned as a way to silence someone who knew too much? By either actually murdering him or giving him a near-death experience as a warning, was the Dick Cheney hunting incident involved in the UFO conspiracy?

I'd love to hear your theories.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

After looking up the facts, it happened like this.

Dick Cheney went quail-hunting with 78-year-old Texan attorney Harry Whittington. He supposedly mistook Mr. Whittington for a quail and shot him. He survived and both parties acknowledged the shooting as an accident. Three days later, Whittington suffered a non-fatal heart attack.

Sounds like its possible that someone wanted to put the Fear of "God" into him (I use quotes here because my definition of God and their definition of God are two different things. My God is a wonderful God. Their God... is power.)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwant2believe1992
A common theory in the UFOlogy community is that Dick Cheney is a man "in the know" about the existence of Extraterrestrial Biological Entities and Unidentified Flying Objects. I just thought of a rather pertinent question: is the Dick Cheney hunting incident an "accident" as it was claimed to be... or was it planned as a way to silence someone who knew too much? By either actually murdering him or giving him a near-death experience as a warning, was the Dick Cheney hunting incident involved in the UFO conspiracy?

There's nothing more to the story than just as it appears. And that heartless ghoul Cheney still hasn't apologized up to now.

Harry Whittington Still Waiting For Apology, 4 Years After Dick Cheney Shooting

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I will say this there are some contradictory details about the event specifically Cheney's decision not to report his involvement in a reasonable amount of time that even Bush knew was screwed up and MClellan's early version which blamed the victim (though admittedly Cheney took the blame eventually)

Still think the best explanation is that they were embarassed and super-secretive and not that Whittington knew anything about UFOs

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Meanwhile ..... back on topic
, I think it probably was just an accident , Cheney has shown his credentials over the years as a shoot first , ask questions latter kinda guy and this is probably a prime example of that .

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Accidents happen. My buddy had gotten out of his truck when three deer started running nearby as he grabbed his shotgun.

Swinging with the deer, he pulled the trigger, but his Dad (a Grizzly Adams look-alike) had come out of his house, and Ray peppered him pretty good, where fortunately his Dad was about 80 yards away.

I just can't understand why Cheney can't take Obama and Biden hunting.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

A common theory in the UFOlogy community is that Dick Cheney is a man "in the know" about the existence of Extraterrestrial Biological Entities and Unidentified Flying Objects.

I'd love to hear the full details of your theory about the UFO connection you seem to have between Chaney and his victim. Are you just shooting blanks?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The topic is: The Dick Cheney hunting incident NOT God, religion or faith. Keep to the topic or your post will be removed.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What is your basis for suggesting Harry Whittington had/has any knowledge what-so-ever about UFO's?

Until we establish that, there really isn't much more to discuss about the incident.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

After looking up the facts, it happened like this.

Dick Cheney went quail-hunting with 78-year-old Texan attorney Harry Whittington. He supposedly mistook Mr. Whittington for a quail and shot him. He survived and both parties acknowledged the shooting as an accident. Three days later, Whittington suffered a non-fatal heart attack.

Wow if that is true than wow....

and how the heck could you mistake a 6' tall human for a little bird....??

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I want to go hunting with Cheney...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
Wow if that is true than wow....

and how the heck could you mistake a 6' tall human for a little bird....??

Of course it's not true. Cheney pulled the trigger and broke one of the cardinal rules of gun safety but in fact Whittinton caused the accident. They were in a large open field advancing in a line and shooting birds as they were flushed. Whittington elected to stay behind and try to find a bird he had shot. With Whittington gone Cheney was the last one in the line on the right. Whittington after failing to find his bird rejoined the line without announcing his return. Cheney was tracking a flying bird moving from left to right thinking Whittington was still behind them looking for his bird. He did not realize Whittington was there until after he fired. It's easy to do when you are concentrating on your target to the exclusion of all else. My roommate in college almost blew my face off in a similar incident when we were shooting skeet on a makeshift range at my grandmother's. There's also nothing sinister about the delay before the police interviewed them. The Secret Service notified the local authorities within minutes. An ex-sheriff working at the ranch told the current sheriff it was simply an accident and the sheriff decided statements could wait until the following morning. The media was all pissy because they hate Cheney anyway and felt the first call should have been to them so they could start spinning it to show Cheney as dangerous and incompetent. Of course Cheney has no use for the media either and saw no reason to involve them since the proper authorities were notified of the accident within minutes. A lot has been made about Cheney drinking but the fact is he had one beer at lunch and the accident happened hours later around 5:30pm. If you're not an irrational far left loon the whole incident was pretty unremarkable. Unfortunate for Mr.s Cheney and Whittington but not sinister.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

That sounds reasonable. I guess that could happen. Especially if Whit didn't announce his return.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join