It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA photocopies a mans credit cards and other personal documents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Is this how they're going to stop terrorists...by photo-copying their credit cards? In fact, has ANY terrorist ever been thwarted by the TSA via their unconstitutional manner of groping and now, copying our items?

Can anyone verify if making copies of personal documents is INDEED permitted by these people?

This is truly a mad mad mad mad world we're living in.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It's only getting worse. What will change it though? The sheeple are fast asleep, and will only wake up when it effects them directly.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Can anyone verify if making copies of personal documents is INDEED permitted by these people?

I do not know if by law permitted, but i found an article.

Here is the TSA plan to gather more data

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) wants passengers to give the additional personal information — as well as their full names — so it can do more precise background checks that it says will result in fewer travelers being mistaken for terrorists. Travelers currently must provide only a last name and a first initial.

Hope that helps

Peace
edit on 1-1-2011 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Thank you for that but I didn't read anywhere that making copies of your items is permitted. In fact, what purpose would it serve?

You know, I can see where this is going. I bet in no time, if you have an outstanding parking, speeding ticket or owe child support, the IRS etc, you're going to get tagged by the TSA.

This is NOT about keeping us protected.
Are we to believe (and buy) that this conduct is the result of a bogus underwear bomber and 19 Arabs ten years ago?

What they're doing is provoking and inciting us to the point where they KNOW people will start reacting....and not favorably either!

FEMA camp anyone?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
It's only getting worse. What will change it though? The sheeple are fast asleep, and will only wake up when it effects them directly.

You know when it'll finally effect them? When their unemployment, social security, disability and welfare checks stop.
Because as long as this isn't in their face every single day, they're compliant and complacent.

*ugh*

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I found it funny at the end where the TSA woman says I have not given you permission to film me.

Talk about an ironic phrase. Not only do they feel you up, but they also go through your wallet and photocopy your personal information "just so there are less mistakes"? This **** has to stop for real. I haven't flown in a few years, but it may be a few more if they can just go totally Mexican local cop on your ass.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
I found it funny at the end where the TSA woman says I have not given you permission to film me.

Talk about an ironic phrase.

I noticed that too (how can you not?) but taking pictures/videos will be against the law too pretty soon under the guise of keeping us safe!

And then later on, if we sneeze at the airport, they'll have the CDC jabbing needles in us because we can be suspected as a biological weapon-terrorist too.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Thank you for that but I didn't read anywhere that making copies of your items is permitted. In fact, what purpose would it serve?

Well based of the article which i posted was about a protest, on gathering additional data.

Travelers, however, would not be required to give the new information. People who don't comply could be more easily mistaken for a terrorist and "may be more likely to experience delays, be subjected to additional screening (or) be denied transport," the TSA wrote.

Getting the extra personal information "will result in fewer holdups at the check-in counters and will allow airlines greater ease in processing passengers," the carrier association wrote.

So, there is no real purpose to gather extra data from passengers in my opinion,but apparently TSA want more data from passengers. I think is not mandatory to give additional data, but if you do not give the additional data, then you will probably as the article says, "may be more likely to experience delays, be subjected to additional screening (or) be denied transport," the TSA wrote. So i am guessing that they been allowed to gather additional data, such as photocopies of Credit-Cards and other personal documents.

This is NOT about keeping us protected.
Are we to believe (and buy) that this conduct is the result of a bogus underwear bomber and 19 Arabs ten years ago?

I agree with you. It´s all about gathering data and control. Nothing more.

What they're doing is provoking and inciting us to the point where they KNOW people will start reacting....and not favorably either!

Sure it´s a provocation but is getting justified by the term "Domestic-Terrorism" in my opinion.

PS: I will try find if they permitted by law to do that.

Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I agree.

Don't give them anymore ideas though. Sounds right up their alley.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
WOW. Thank goodness for these brave Americans. Standing up to these thugs scares me.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This is sick.

At this point it's almost like they keep pushing just to see how far they can go before people push back. Now not only do you have to choose between a naked bodyscanner or someone touching your junk, you now have to pass over your credit cards & documents to be photocopied?

And if you don't comply, you have to wait for additional screening, aka wait in more lines, and you may conveniently miss your flight. I guess they aren't able to make this mandatory so their little way around it is to let you through... but just delay you as much as possible.

This is truly disgusting. But at least they didn't physically assault the guy for using a camera, like the police tend to do. I wouldn't be surprised if they invoked national security and prohibited filming in the airport altogether, you know... so terrorists can't figure out ways around the checks.
edit on 1-1-2011 by ayoss because: readability

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

I agree.

Don't give them anymore ideas though. Sounds right up their alley.

Sorry! But I doubt that hasn't already been thought out by them!

It's maddening but it's more upsetting that we just take it despite the fact that, according to the Fourth Amendment , our rights ARE being severely violated.

Nobody wishes to travel with danger aboard a plane, but are TSA guaranteeing our safety after any of these ridiculous security measures? Damn, I think I rather opt to fly with terrorists!

The terrorists (PTB) have won.
R.I.P. America 1776 - 2001

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I believe the border patrol can dump your laptop harddrive.for later analysis.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

People who don't comply could be more easily mistaken for a terrorist and "may be more likely to experience delays, be subjected to additional screening (or) be denied transport," the TSA wrote.

Comply. Doesn't that word have such a nice ring to it? This whole mess kind of reminds you of something. What is it? Oh Yeah. "Sig Heil!!! Your papers please!!"

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well, when the massive new wave of identity theft hits, we know who to blame at least.

Also, how have we not heard about some protester screaming about being robbed when they do this?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
Well, when the massive new wave of identity theft hits, we know who to blame at least.

Also, how have we not heard about some protester screaming about being robbed when they do this?

I like how ya think but.......
Blame? Anyone of authority seems to have this built-in anti-blame shield around them now a days. I think it happened right around Sept 12th 2001 if I remember correctly!
And......the higher their rank, the less accountability they possess.

So seeing the TSA are government-owned, they are impenetrable and won't be guilty of anything.
We're the bad guys and they're the gods, remember?

How the HELL did George Orwell see all of this 60+ years ago? Amazing!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

People who don't comply could be more easily mistaken for a terrorist and "may be more likely to experience delays, be subjected to additional screening (or) be denied transport," the TSA wrote.

Comply. Doesn't that word have such a nice ring to it? This whole mess kind of reminds you of something. What is it? Oh Yeah. "Sig Heil!!! Your papers please!!"

I have "chafed" ever since Stimpy jr.uttered ya vee got za' "homeland security" to keep uz zafe fon zee terrorists in Iraq.
edit on 1-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I am not sure where these videos come from, I have travelled by air twice in the last week, both domestic flights. I had to provide my first name, middle initial, and last name by request after I had booked my tickets under a nick name. Went through security both times with a carryon, no body scans, no pat downs, no one copying my documents. Both of my flights were domestic, though both airports handled international traffic.

The same [snip] people that authorized the feds to tap my email and phone, computer usage, and library checkouts are freaking out over something that might actually save some lives. You people that see nothing but bad in this country need to find somewhere else to live, or become part of the solution. Some of you people make me seriously ill.

edit on Sun Jan 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

The same [snip] people that authorized the feds to tap my email and phone, computer usage, and library checkouts are freaking out over something that might actually save some lives.

You just don't see the bigger picture do you?

Safer? From what? What has happened in the past 10 years to justify all these Nazi-regimes?

There are no terrorists (who want to blow up our planes) but they sure love making enemies don't they?
This is nothing but a gigantic globalist scheme but seeing you don't even remotely see that, it's no use wasting my time trying to explain this to you.

I will say this though: The USA are pissing off everyone (especially their own with each passing day our freedoms get flushed!) They are creating their very own terrorists which will perpetually justify them to further strip more liberties from us.

There is such an (obvious) huge global agenda going on that it amazes me that I have to explain it. But as long as you feel safe then..........it's all good!

edit on Sun Jan 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: censor circumvention in quote

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I actually do see the bigger picture, only with a moderate point of view. I do not fear black helicopters, fema camps, aliens, or the NWO. You can make a choice to live you life in fear, however I do not. I am a veteran, trained in the martial arts, own weapons, and actually know how to use them. The fear mongers on this board are out of control. Not everything this government does is taking away our rights, how long do you think we would have lasted without the federal government, my thought, being a student of history, is that we would have never gained independence. Some of the folks on this board need to get their heads out of the fringe and work on solving the problems.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join