It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest thieves sit on the bench and cops are more likely to be rapists and murders

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hell, when you get arrested by these cop-raping authorities, you have to stand in front of a 'judge' with your hand on a bible so.............there ya have it.

You watch too many movies, and obviously have never been in court, or at least recently.
You DO NOT have to swear on a bible. You can AFFIRM that you will tell the truth- no bible is involved.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

I am sorry, but I have to call ignorant bias on your thread

Women raped in the US 2010 --- 95,136
People murdered in US 2010 ---- 16,204
Children raped in US 2010----------- 1,100

Why didn't you just make your thread title "I hate cops and am willing to over dramatize a very sensitive issue!"
I am too stupid to read the Per 100,000 part of the post
edit on 12/30/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I think that is the root of the problem

When a huge portion of a citys revenue consists of what they can fine, confisacte, and out and out steal from its people the entire thought of a fair trial goes out the window, and now we even have for profit prisions which is little more than a return to slavery. The state profits in every manner from arresting its citizens and police are "encouraged" to step up their arrests.

With the good people in the court system and police department quitting because of discust at the way things are going it only leasves the most corrupt to run the show

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Ok I am a man of my word.. Your request was done... Now your turn.. lets watch your character fold like paper.
I read that..... What does that prove? I am showing that the police are a small percentage of the crimes that are actually committed. Were you under the impression that they were saints?

Leave the name calling out. You are better than that. There is no reason to call me names, simply because you don't agree with me.

edit on 12/30/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
3,814 – Unique reports of police misconduct tracked
4,966 - Number of sworn law enforcement officers involved (263 were sheriffs or chiefs)

4,966 "involved" out of around 900,000 means 0.55 %

Also, for a little perspective, if a lawsuit is filed by an arrested person, pretty much every Officer on duty at the time is named as a defendant. This is especially true of smaller agencies. Heck, I was once named in a suit, over an incident that occurred while I was home in bed, on my night off.

Same goes for the Chiefs and Sheriffs. They are always named as defendants in suits.

I do not abide police misconduct and believe cops convicted of crimes deserve harsher penalties. But, it is really annoying to see threads which attempt to, falsely, portray all LEO as criminals.
edit on 30-12-2010 by WTFover because: Added comment about Chiefs and Sheriffs

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

I tried to change it but it said I had excided my 4 hour window, if there is another way let me know and I will change it

The entire point in the stats is that their is a HIGHER % of police commiting murder, rape and assualt than the %of citizens commiting the same crimes

Using your own numbers 1100 children raped in the USA for 2010 if police commited 219 of those rapes that would mean that about 1 in 5 of the raped children are raped by a police officer.....I think the 1100 number is a bit low myself...But.....

You also sem to miss the other point which it is the system that is broke and I lay most of the blame on the $$$$ fueled court system

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

I am far from saying all LEOs are corupt but I am saying the good ones are being forced out or are quitting over the way the system is run

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

THAT IS A LIE.. or you are unable to process stats... wow.. talk about comprehension skills.. That is a blatant lie!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

1100 was a mistype... It is 11K not 11 hundred.. A small percentage!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Wow.....and I even stated I thought the number was low.............kinda excitable arent you

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Fair enough. But, I've seen about 99.9 % of these threads take that turn.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I think that cops should be held to a higher standard than the US population... But I disagree with the spin you put on it.. Cops are less that 1% of the offenders in these issues.. Unless you have under 10 categories of people.. Thy are not a majority.. or a high percentage.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

You just stated that loe's have a higher percentage... mean what you say and say what you mean.. I will defend ANYONE that is being wrongly accused.. Including you, if the situation ever arose.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I DID state they had a higher % if you would bother to go to the site I linked and look at the graphs there you might get it then.............I said the 1100 # was low IMO

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
As for what to do about it. In Queensland, Australia the Fitzgerald Inquiry was a high profile court case that looked into the problems of police corruption. It had a lot of media attention and a good reputation backing the investigations. High level police, politicians and other public people where exposed and a set of guidelines produced to help combat the issues of corruption. The other Australian states of New South Wales and Victoria have blocked a similar investigation with the Police Union threatening to strike if such an investigation is launched. Movies like 'Blue Murder' and 'Underbelly' portray a culture that has developed. I do feel proud to be a Queenslander and it has been a good home.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

You made up your numbers dude, if you check up on the numbers that were done after Serpico, it will check out with the numbers I stated.
And the IQ thing is well know, as it was on the Jay Leno Tonight Show, And there were several other cases well know and stated the reson why they did not want cops with High IQs.
And your so smart I was not just speaking of Cops, but people in general, most people will go either way.

What makes you think 130 is that high, that's not even low Genius is it. I know mine is higher than that.

And you know how you have to stay in line with the code of crooked cops, or else they will black ball you and set your arse up, I've see that a bunch of time. They used me a the messanger, to tell so and so to shut his mouth or he was going to have a accident, I delivered the message, the one cop got shot in the foot, that was his way out. What is the Blue something, take you bribe and keep your mouth shut.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

your an idiot to say that and a liar.

Cops are 80% corrupt system maybe 20% are ok but they are still the system that needs lost of customers to sustain it money wise.

Your a liar anyway all cops lie part of the job and if you think we are stupid to thing most cops are good, some of us have worked with all kind of cops

Ill tell you 100% most cops are shady and corrupt by power.

learn something and get honest your not hero's or their to protect your their to get more customers for profit.

everyone knows it

what a liar un real.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Jay Leno? Lol... Dude, you are taking this information from JAY LENO?!?!?!?! Come on!!!!!!!

Um... Were you or are you a cop? It doesn't seem so... I don't think you are in any position to tell me how we need to act because of the "blue line"... Unless you are a cop, you have no idea how it works... But let me tell you:

In my department, we are a family and we all care about each other. It doesn't mean that we always agree about everything, or that there aren't some people who just don't click. It just means that when SHTF, we are always there to support each other.

In Quebec, the law states that if you are informed, or know of a situation whereby an officer could be or is being brought up on in Déontologie (police ethics and discipline group), you must assist the Commissaire en Déontologie in his investigation and must testify. Failure to do so will get you the same punishment as the officer being disciplined. It's in the police act.

This "blue line" you speak of if very strong, but it does not hold much weight when your ass is on the line just for keeping your mouth shut.

Oh, BTW... Who the hell shoots themselves in the foot to get out of the force? There are so many other ways to get out without facing criminal/disciplinary charges!

Magnum

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by airborne82ndscout

Prove my "lies" as being so, and most importantly prove your contradictory statistics of:

Cops are 80% corrupt system maybe 20% are ok

which then mysteriously change to:

Ill tell you 100% most cops are shady and corrupt by power.

And then I'd like proof on:

everyone knows it

Because YOU sir/mam, are the liar when you throw numbers around like this without proof in an attempt to inflame and anger... FYI, I don't get angry easily... I guess that makes me a bad cop...

Magnum

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join