It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Delivers Anti-terror Flyers to Farm Supply Stores

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

beforeitsnews.com

An Infowars.com reader was recently visited by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force and asked if he wanted to prevent another Oklahoma City bombing. “I work for a large farm store retailer with stores in Colorado, Texas and New Mexico yesterday I had a visit from the FBI joint terrorism task force requesting that we train our staff to help prevent terrorism,” the man writes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.infowars.com

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
First it was Walmart, and the "See something, Say something" campaign. Now it's farm supply stores, tattoo shops, gun stores, and storage units. I guess they'll be knocking on our front doors next, and asking if our neighbors are acting suspicious.

Stasi anyone?

Make sure to look through the flyer on the article page. Here's a little snippet about it.

"The flyer customized for farm supply stores requires employees to ask customers for ID, grill customers on how they plan to use products (specifically fertilizer), observe customers for behavior that is “out of place,” and take notes of “suspicious statements, people, and/or vehicles.”

beforeitsnews.com

ETA: I'm not a fan of infowars, but they are the originators of this story. So credit given where due.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2010 by Klassified because: image added

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
oh just great,
now if I get a tattoo that reads

"[SNIP] Homeland Security
Don't Tread on Me"

then I should be reported
to the FBI for the terrorist
watchlist??

well guess what homie ???

if I see a tattoo that reads

"I love Homeland Security"

they are going on my own watchlist

this [snip] has gone on long enough

edit on Thu Dec 30 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ammonium nitrate in large quantities is sold in these stores, can be used in bombs, especially dangerous and explosive when mixed with fuel and a proper ignition device is is used.

With all of the potential threats the US is facing, I don't see how this "request" and flyer are a problem.

There are also the lone crazies out there or small groups who may consider doing something like this.

What if a bomb was made this way and set off near your local school, or a hospital, etc. and the people who sold the "fertilizer" had suspicions but did nothing, reported nothing?

In this case the FBI seems to be handling it properly.

And I am no friend of the FBI.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
FF is right it's the fertilizer buyers they are looking for..
Anyone buying their stockpile in a years quantity
now will be *marked as possible terrorist*

Stupid..

Someone can still go to 5 or 10 stores and get what they need
without looking suspicious.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yeah, they always mix in some legit stuff, so that when they get to the illegit stuff, it goes down a little easier with the public.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

beforeitsnews.com

An Infowars.com reader was recently visited by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force and asked if he wanted to prevent another Oklahoma City bombing. “I work for a large farm store retailer with stores in Colorado, Texas and New Mexico yesterday I had a visit from the FBI joint terrorism task force requesting that we train our staff to help prevent terrorism,” the man writes.

Related News Links:
www.infowars.com

Starred and flagged.

This place (the USA) is going down-hill fast and all in the name of almighty "security" and "safety". It's a damned good thing not everyone is so concerned with their own "safety" and "security" that they wouldn't join the military.

I think of those people in uniform who are trying to protect our rights, and those in the past who have given their lives and limbs to protect our rights, even as the fools today who are not in and never have been in uniform are trying their hardest to undermine those blood-paid for rights.

There may come a time when I tell my nephews and nieces "Don't join. There's nothing left worth fighting for."

Anyone who feels sanguine with this blossoming police state is a fool.
edit on 30-12-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Apparently using large amounts of cash can get you on their watch list too.

So much for Cash is King.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Anything in cash over $9,999.99 has been a red flag for a very long time. Any transaction above that threshold, in cash, alerts the IRS and RICO investigators to take a peek at the purchaser.

On thread topic... I used to manage a store for Northern Tool and Equipment and we sold a few things that I actually felt should be monitored but apparently were not. For example, we sold hex key bits that could open anything - and I mean anything, lock pick sets, etc.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
how would "amateur" store workers be able to recognize a pro that KNOWS how to "blend in" and end up buying what they need anyway?

where is the training for this ????

many "terrorists" that get "caught" are false-flagger plants designed to be "caught" in order to promote these crazy "rat 'em out" programs.

the people behind the scenes are getting PAID big money to start these "trends".

most real "pro" terrorists would be stealing the goods anyway, not exposing their plans in plain sight.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The FBI has to much g** damn money!
It is not that easy to make a fertilizer bomb, and who makes them anyway? What, we have a friggin' wave of fertilizer bombs going off and something has to be done?
Fractured Facade, are you kidding me? This is okay? Is it just fine for our government to continue to waste billions of dollars on bull# like this?
Unbelievable how much crap they throw at us daily. The daily assault, and some here are happy with whatever comes down the pipe.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
this type of stuff is meant to make feel safe that they FBI TSA DHS NSA FEMA is doing there job. Ya right, more like the Gestapo is trying to make good with the weak and uninformed, spy for us and we will take it from there and let the real terrorist do there thing, makes me sick why not say the truth, oh ya we can not do that the ACLU will sue us, AFL-CIO will sue us and so will CAIR, when will we say ENOUGH??????/

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
OK, let me see if I got this straight...

Situation: I have been trying to get a garden out this spring. It has rained heavy on the weekends, and between work and rain, I'm running behind. I test my soil and find out I need ammonium nitrate-based fertilizer, so I go to buy some. Just my luck, the store is packed with others like me trying to buy stuff at the last moment.
  • I am in a hurry, so I am impatient.
  • I need ammonium nitrate.
  • I don't want the alternative fertilizers they have, because I have had good luck with ammonium nitrate.
  • I want to pay cash.

Did I just become a terrorist for wanting to plant a garden?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Well, you are a potential terrorist. But, it doesn't stop there. They will want to know what you are planting. Where did you get the seed? Are you selling or trading anything you grow?
We must keep the people safe after all.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Hey I am all for good old government bashing, especially where corruption exists, and in particular within the FBI... But in this case I don't have a problem. This is not overbearing, not controlling, just a request that could protect people from potentially lethal situations where materials readily available can be used as a weapon of mass destruction.

I've seen how powerful ammonium nitrate can be first hand.... In the late 80's my former fatherinlaw was a farm manager who was also a practical joker.. They had a large section of land they had used to grow rice on, and they used ammonium nitrate to "blow up the rice levees" .. of course I was ignorant and had no idea about any of this... He had me ride the farm with him in his company 4WD truck through a farm road, and to their shop, where he climbed up on a tractor, nearby were battery cables and he pointed to the battery and asked me to hook them up, while I was making the connections (I didn't see it) he ducked and covered his ears.. With the red cable connection and a spark came the most massive BOOM I had ever heard and felt in my life, and I didn't see the humor in it, but he and others were laughing as large chunks of muddy earth were falling from the sky.... After that and a some conversation I realized back then how dangerous this stuff was and it was so easily obtained.

Yes it is fertilizer, but it also can be a powerful explosive.. The FBI should be concerned about the sale of this stuff to anyone who doesn't actually need it for its intended purpose.

To think otherwise then anyone should be able to buy explosives of any kind for any reason, want some C4? no problem how much? ,,, No questions asked!

Seriously, some things require a little common sense, and some things that are dangerous need to be regulated or at least monitored.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You guys are always talking about SHTF. S has aleardy HTF, but it hasn't involved violence just yet. S has HTF through psychological means, but most can't see that yet. Police state is already in effect. If you can't see the illusion they are pulling, it's time to take off the shades and realize.

People also say we are slowly being ushered into martial law, I say slowly my a**. It may have started off slowly, but it's alarmingly fast now since they realized how dumb and accepting the general public is to having our freedoms stripped away in the name of security. Makes me SICK.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

So, we need protection from your father-in-law?
Tell me about all of the problems, the bombs and the destruction that has been caused by this stuff. Keep the list short, maybe five or so high profile bombs that "terrorists" have created and set off with this stuff.
And then tell me that you haven't bought into this whole terrorism scam by our trusted government.
Trusted government. Isn't that an oxymoron?

edit on 30-12-2010 by Stewie because: correction

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This one seems pretty simple to me: if someone is buying fertilizer and seems excessively interested in ammonium nitrate fertilizer, you ask them a few questions about what they plan to do with it, see if they seem legit, and then sell it to them. Of all the government measures being taken, this is one that just seems ridiculously blown out of proportion by the fringe. Fertilizer bombs can be insanely powerful - look at the Oklahoma City bombing - and it kind of makes sense to just check in with people who are buying fertilizer that can be used to make explosives. On top of that, they say to focus mainly on new customers, not to interrogate everyone who even looks at fertilizer. I think this is fairly sensible, especially given that it's not any kind of rule or directive. Please people, focus your outrage on something worth your time.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
howdy!

i want to purchase 12 tons of that fertilizer by tomorrow, please, praise be...errrp.

i bring my own u-hauls to pick it up.

i'm not from around here so i pay the cash. that ok infide..buddy boy?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pr3l33t

The OKC bombing was not just one bomb. The fertilizer bomb actually did little damage, the real damage was done by other bombs planted in the Murrah building, the ones the media suddenly decided nothing had been reported on.
Of course, sensitive and damning evidence was destroyed related to FBI crimes.
Look it up, research it, the information is out there waiting for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join