It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Constitution Has No Binding Power on Anything’; Confusing Because it’s Over 100 Years Old

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
You said:

I watch vids like this and my instinct is to head to the reloading bench.

My reply:

Good point, fine instinct there. The problem is that this zionist piece of filth will pack his bags, with others (if they have any sense at all) and settle in another sovereign land which is ripe for infestation. May I suggest Russia, israel, or Australia (freshly neutered~no guns).

In a couple of generations, this will translate in to another world war based on (hopefully) ideals, not minerals or some such plasma tv component. The Z word may become illegal online, so we'll need to use analog radio and add voice scramblers, since voice recognition is fairly advanced. Maybe Morse code ought become mandatory once again for ham licensing, though I'm pretty sure they are licensing everything now so no one will really care about kissing their registering (data collecting) butts. I can tell you: they are about to attempt to license bicycles. I never wanted to bring this up, but it is time to once again pre-sell their idea, in order to vaccinate the masses against the idea.

Hope it's clear who said what. I seldom get the qupte stuff to function properly, and I am trying to avoid quoting your entire post.
edit on 30-12-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

I appreciate your response and can say that when I sit in front of my reloading bench, it's a means for me to vent.

I generally reload .223 and .308 for rifle calibers. I reload both calibers in many bullet weights and all reloaded munitions are placed in specific containers for which they were developed. I reload pistol calibers as well but...

Full metal jacket (plinking), soft points (hunting), ballistic tips (hunting)...get the gist?

I'm not cracking on you. I'm just telling you what I do when I read things that make me want to reload. My round of choice is ballistic tips considering the mess they make...but that's for the Weapons forum.

edit on 30-12-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I sent this Ezra Klein an email telling him how utterly stupid he is for saying this most unamerican and ignorant drivel.. Sure he gets a lot of those, so it was probably a waste of time...

I also told him he was especially stupid for it because he just painted a big target on his head from people who won't take his words kindly, (real Americans)

His words are not a shock though, coming from a fully indoctrinated card carrying liberal and politically correct retard.. ( A definite requirement prior to employment by the Washington Post)

He gets the top award for naivety and ignorance with a generous portion of stupidity for redundancy..

What a moron!
edit on 30-12-2010 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
I sent this Ezra Klein an email telling him how utterly stupid he is for saying this most unamerican and ignorant drivel.. Sure he gets a lot of those, so it was probably a waste of time...

I also told him he was especially stupid for it because he just painted a big target on his head from people who won't take his words kindly, (real Americans)

His words are not a shock though, coming from a fully indoctrinated card carrying liberal and politically correct retard.. ( A definite requirement prior to employment by the Washington Post)

He gets the top award for naivety and ignorance with a generous portion of stupidity for redundancy..

What a moron!
edit on 30-12-2010 by alienreality because: eta

Should you get a response from him, PLEASE post it??

I'm not guessing you will but it's always interesting to hear from these rotten pieces of trash.

I'd like to see his candy ass doing something other than spewing BS bile. Guys like him need to be taken out to the woods and given three days worth of supplies. They either survive on what they have or they feed the buzzards. I'm sure he'd fit into the latter category.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I'm guessing you consider yourself a conservative based on your post

Only for lack of a better word. Fiscal Conservative most definitely, though socially very liberal. I prefer Libertarian since that's the party I registered to.

but wonder about your thoughts regarding the Patriot Act?

A Neo-Fascist legislation held up and supported by both parties on multiple occasions. Republicans and Democrats are both forms of "Leftist" there is a specific cliche in the Democrats that make up the "Progressive" bloc. Just as there is a core cliche in the Republicans (that the new speaker will lead) that make up totalitarian Fascist.

And I do absolutely agree with you on the Patriot Act. Though I would never consider Republicans to be "Conservative" .. Socially conservative maybe, they are hyped up religious fascist and nothing more.

Lesser of two evils as you say.. personally, the only reason I specifically favor them over dems is taxation, as that directly effects me. Otherwise I would be able to bury my head in the sand and pretend my nationality isn't associated with the self absorbed monstrosity we call Congress.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
He's right LOL.
The Constitution has no real power.

The REAL power lies in the 300 million private guns in the american citizens arsenal.

That's Binding Power.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Though I would never consider Republicans to be "Conservative" ..

They aren't conservative with our Tax $$$ at all.

In fact their track record indicates they are big govt loving liberal spenders.

This is backwards land after all!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
V ideo

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when seeing this submoron spew his bile. What scares me is that this traitor believes what he states. What scares me more is there are others who believe as he does and they just so happen to be sitting in the District of Criminals and are known to us as Senators and Representatives.

A lot of good men lost everything they had, some their lives, to give us the Constitution. It is not an archaic document nor is it difficult to read and interpret thanks to the writings of those who were involved with the creation of it.

The term "Constitutional Scholar" denoted to a small cadre of individuals is incongruous upon reading their interpretations and is precisely why we are in the predicament we now face. We have been led to believe that it requires something special to interpret a document that is easily interpreted simply by reading it and the writings of those involved with its creation.

Our patience should be wearing very thin with people such as this and those who believe as he does.

hey! at least with THAT 'rational' way of thinking we can get people to stop reading the bible, it's totally outdated and makes little sense as well!

ahahahahaha
edit on 12/30/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I'd like to see his candy ass doing something other than spewing BS bile. Guys like him need to be taken out to the woods and given three days worth of supplies. They either survive on what they have or they feed the buzzards. I'm sure he'd fit into the latter category.

PLEASE, do not polute the woods. He would probably poison the buzards.

Instead sent him off to China whit nothing but his undies. I am sure he will LOVE such an enlightened Marxist Country

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Let's see. What do we have?

MSNBC

Zionist EZRA Klein

AIPAC

Liberal Left Wing

Need we look any further?
All four love to spit on the US Constitution, and are only concerned with one thing. Figure it out!

Disgusting!

Happy New Year to those who still hold the Constitution to be what it is- our FIRST, our LAST and our ONLY HOPE! If it goes, so does this nation.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Actually the Bill of Rights are of no consequence as the Constitution itself already implies all that is listed within the Constitution. That being, nothing enumerated within is left to the States and the People. But Government is an institute of men and thus needs to have restrictions placed.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

As you stated, it's up to We the People to keep the Constitution alive or we will wake up homeless on the land our forefathers conquered as Jefferson warned us.

it's only fair to end up homeless since you not only took the homes of native americans but also tried to exterminate them from the earth.

the united states is sinking from all the blood that has been spilled in creating it. the blood has turned it's foundation to mud.

all americans should go back to the land of their forefathers, mainly england, get a good spanking, and leave the earth in peace.

edit on 31-12-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
He's not saying the Constitution has no binding power, he's saying that reading it aloud into the Congressional Record has no real impact on anything, which of course is true. It's simply a stunt to placate the tea partiers.

His comment that the Constitution is confusing is a different sentence. This is confusing because it's two insiders talking to each other, without trying to clarify what they mean and getting caught up in political shorthand.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
While it's interesting to hear someone say this, Congress, the President and others in power will never back them up. See, the problem with wiping out the Constitution is that if you wipe it out, you also wipe out the very mechanism that feeds you power. You'd need a super-army ready to take over the chaos that would result, and I doubt such an army exists. For now, it's all smoke.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistafaz
While I don't agree with the man's sentiments on the Constitution, I have to say that I dislike the thought of being bound to a document for the rest of societal existence. I can say that right now the US, as a government, is certainly not adhering to the Bill of Rights or the subsequent amendments to the Constitution but if a future American society feels that some of those amendments are needed to be changed/thrown out they should completely be able to granted there is a consensus to do so.

Definitely not now but in the unforeseeable future, society's attitude towards the Constitution IS going to change for better or worse and the Bill of Rights might just be an insignificant historical document.

Hrmmm....this is what your post sounds like to me...
I don't agree,BUT
I agree, BUT
I agree, BUT

One of the documents pertaining to the rise of the most prosperous nation in the world is insignificant?
There is a process to amend the Constitution by the way.
Tell us how you really feel please!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I mentioned on the thread re DUI checkpoints in florida how it seems your country is experiencing some pretty serious issues regarding freedoms, constitution changes/removal etc, and the volume of people on here venting their anger displays clearly how deep feelings run.

However, I genuinely wonder what you and your compatriots are going to do to put this right? All the griping in the world on an online forum will not take away the fact that this is actually happening around you and nothing is changing, only getting worse?

I am here in the UK - we have headed down the same route as you guys on the Airport scanner front, but that is fine because I choose not to fly, however I know if people over here felt like our freedoms become genuinely impaired I think there would be action. There is a cutoff point here and when people reach it they take action - have you seen all the activity on the news regarding the student protests recently.
The shame of it is being the politicians did what they like anyway, but the corrupt politicial system in the UK is another thread entirely...just wondered how far the Americans need to be pushed before something snaps?

Good luck to you and all the US ATS'ers
edit on 31-12-2010 by facchino because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The guy is actually saying a truth that is undeniable... even though he looks deeply cynical about it.

The Constitution IS really just a piece of paper... as long as there are no concrete political forces who defend or promote it, it will serve nothing else than as a museum decoration. A social contract, that politicians aren't forced to respect.

That's why, as an example, the turkish military is permanently commissioned to enforce and defend the Ataturk constitution against Muslim extremist governments like it's happening now. That's just political realism.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

As you stated, it's up to We the People to keep the Constitution alive or we will wake up homeless on the land our forefathers conquered as Jefferson warned us.

it's only fair to end up homeless since you not only took the homes of native americans but also tried to exterminate them from the earth.

the united states is sinking from all the blood that has been spilled in creating it. the blood has turned it's foundation to mud.

all americans should go back to the land of their forefathers, mainly england, get a good spanking, and leave the earth in peace.

edit on 31-12-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

What a moronic post in your own right. Right up there with Ezra Klein's. But this is hardly new for you on ATS, as I've seen more of the same on several other threads.

In answer to your last statement about "all Americans should go back to the land of their forefathers", I'll simply respond, "you first".

Then, to be fair, let's apply that to everyone else in the world. The African continent is going to become one very crowded place since current theory says ALL HUMANS originated from there.

Infinity times
for you.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

It is called moral equivalency. It is like arguing that because Bush did something, it gives Obama the right to do something.

Kinda like because Stalin killed 30-45 million people, it is alright that Hitler killed 20-45 million people.

It is IRRELEVANT!

It is also called INSANITY! Do not even argue these folks, just put your ideas out there and people will see the truth.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Whoever this Ezra guy is he's a walking piece of trash. What a stupid effing thing to say or write in his sorry ass case.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join