It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How old the human race really is? My thoughts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just a theory on how old the human race really is, and could we possibly be the aliens that we see flying in skies?
I will start off by saying that I believe that the earth is way older than what scientific studies indicate. If the earth is 4.5 billion years old, how do we prove or disprove it? I cant. Personally, My idea is that the earth and other planets in our solar system are much older than we think. Also, that the human race has evolved and then been eradicated from the planet many times in the past. My thoughts are that advanced human society existed as much as trillions of years ago.
Here is my line of thinking:
Humans evolved, not necessarily on earth. But this is one of the hospitable places that we can live. Earth.
That there have been many times over, technologically advanced races on this planet. Over trillions of years, evidence of said races has become buried and lost, only to be rediscovered by the next civilizations. Many people say that we would already have found evidence of this, but I argue that even now we are still discovering new things about our planet and even the galaxy. Also some may say that carbon-dating tells of the age of our Earth. For any that approach along that line, I just ask that you Google “Flaws with carbon-dating”
In the past, we evolved, came to, or left this planet, (This would explain why we cant seem to find the missing link). The reason could be anything as simple as wanting to explore, or something as extreme as being on a dieing planet. If we left earth, it could have been due to it becoming much like Mars, only to return millions of years later when it was safe again. Due to the fact that we have yet to find any earth-like planet, one can only assume that any “New Earth-like” planet is a long ways out. Well, this we already know.
You may ask “If we (humans) are out there and are advanced, why don't we contact ourselves? The answer seems clear to me. Imagine, how well can we communicate with some of the oldest tribes that we are still finding to exist on this very planet, right under our proverbial noses? Some of them we have no desire to communicate with, other than for scientific reasons. And many of them keep a distance from us, violently so. It is believed that at one time, all humans shared a common language. Over time each group developed its own languages and dialects. Humans that may have existed trillions of years ago will have evolved genetically (due to being on another planet), and the languages that we speak today may be complete gibberish to them by now. Not to mention, much like the ancient tribes that we find today, we would have nor be very little value to them, other than as a scientific novelty. We may seem as primitive to them as Neanderthals seem to us.
I would like to close my thoughts with having you imagine this:
1. A society advanced beyond anything that we can comprehend.
2. A race that can adopt to its surroundings, make it something that they control.
3. A race traveling amongst the stars at speeds that we can not fathom.
4. A race that is us, but not us.
5. A race that is our past, but yet is our future
Thank you for taking the time to read this, I look forward to reading what ideas others may have on this line of thinking.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
we may have come from another planet but the dinosaurs would have eaten us a few million years ago if we were on earth, unless we lived in underground caves but that seems a bit far fetched imo.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I can picture neanderthals fighting each other using lightsabers.

OP, though I take into consideration the "old, advanced civilization" theory, the idea that the universe is trillions of years old is somewhat not so alluring. This is a seemingly "empty" theory, whereas the notion that the universe is a few billion years old has not be proved, that is true, but they are educated, well-researched theories using observation, and the accompanying laws of physics.

Reminds me of scientology.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lance_covel

interesting threoy you got here , and in a way i agree with you, but what i dont agree on is the age of the planet .

shes much younger then first thought no i dont have proof on this . just my own theory .

see my post here ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I just read Alien Interview. I believe you could be right. But in alien interview, humans were not "evolved" from some monkey. We were "created" by aliens. High tech aliens. They even had a Bugs and Blossoms company that produced just that, bugs and blossoms.

Who knows? I dunno. But it sure would be cool.

I think I might be an original member of the Domain Expeditionary Force. Really!

edit on 29-12-2010 by Califemme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Your thread is very interesting, I look forward to taking more time to sit back and read more in to it.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
we may have come from another planet but the dinosaurs would have eaten us a few million years ago if we were on earth, unless we lived in underground caves but that seems a bit far fetched imo.

Imo, and if this were true,

Dinosaurs would not have posed a problem large enough to drive us to underground shelter. Humans (or whatever intelligent species/race before us) would simply adapt to live and thrive in this so-called hostile world. In-fact, i'm rather confident we would be eating them, more than they would us.

In reality though, we would most likely avoid eachother. Like what you see in the wild today... (unless you're alone, sick or on the menu for a hungry predator)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
we as a race...Are very old. So old, there may be no way of tracing our planet of origin. One thing I agree with: It isn't Earth. I don't care who wants to go Bible fanatic --- It clearly says in that too that God came from elsewhere not Earth. Anyways, good luck trying to affix a date. You might need evolution for this one. My hypothesis:
We originate from another planet on the brink of destruction, so we eject some of our DNA into space, so that if we die, we will be continued. etc

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

And I have to add that the article "Ancient humans, dubbed 'Denisovans', interbred with us" completely slipped under my radar. Very good read!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Interesting. However, not only do I subscribe to the old advanced civilization theory, I believe that it has happened many times over.
Also, I am very interested in understanding why you would find a universe that is trillions of years old not so alluring as opposed to one that is younger? Also, as you mentioned that scientist have proven observations, they are also even now recanting theories that they held true up until recently, such as the age of some galaxies.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman

True, but this would only apply if humans were populating the earth at the same time as dinosaurs. Over trillions of years, there would be plenty of time for humans to have their own free run many times over.

edit on 29-12-2010 by lance_covel because: grammar corrections

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lance_covel

And I have to add that the article "Ancient humans, dubbed 'Denisovans', interbred with us" completely slipped under my radar. Very good read!

its posted by a dear friend of mine .. and im glad you enjoyed it ...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Califemme

Thank you for posting about Alien Interview, I started reading it after you linked to it. I've only gotten up to page 61 so far but now i cant seem to stop reading it. And you are right, it does sound familiar somewhat to my idea.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'd love to know what you thought of Alien Interview, if you were able to finish it... Do tell

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Califemme

Actually, I finished it about 5 days after starting it. The longest part to read was the foot-notes section, and then trying to cross reference it with other information available on the net. I found it a very good read, and find that it could be an actual event. Its one of those things that fall into the category of "Maybe", lol. It is indeed highly detailed. The only thing that I found discouraging was the fact that 99% of the info is published information. This leads me to think that it is pieced together, or that it is based on fact. Again, it falls into my "Maybe" category. I prefer that it be true tho.

edit on 8-2-2011 by lance_covel because: grammar corrections

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
S&F for you OP. We may not be in complete agreement. But our direction is certainly the same. Good post.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
We are old, ancient but our ancestors fell afoul of some kind of wrath, be it nature or higher power.

My feeling is a lot older than the official bs put out by the talking heads...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I absolutely believe our ancestors were every bit as advanced as we are, however their economy was not oil based nor their technology. I think alot of the out of place artifacts prove this. The funny thing is, if and when our current civilization is wiped out by a large rock flying through space, the only thing left will be the current ancient ruins we only theorize about. All of our accomplishments of going to the moon will be considered myth and folklore. We need to buld a pyramid and store our knowledge there....in stone not cd rom.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just to add to my origional post. I came across this on another page here on ATS

Block Wall in an Oklahoma Mine, at least 286 million years old. Who Built It?,

If this is a true account, it would seem that our civilization, or a past one, may indeed be a lot older than we assumed.

top topics

join