It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A wicked mind is Weapon of Mass Destruction..!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I would like to understand more about those minds that choose to discuss weaponry and what they really attain from these discussions.

IMO, these people have no concept of the psychological and physical damage these weapons actually cause.

They are in awe of the destruction these machines bring upon those they are aimed.

They discuss, the range these machines can destroy and the arsenal they are capable of carrying.

They talk as if they are discussing Tonka toys or the latest mobile phone.

Do these minds yearn for the day they get to use their own weaponry against each other, or do they believe they will only be used against the unseen enemy shown to them in the media...?

This is not aimed at any specific member/country/creed or culture.

My opinion stems from personal experience, in having actually worked with various individuals who have failed to actually get in the military, yet act as if they have peformed 20 years active service.

This thread is not about putting down these monstrous vehicles and weapons these people cherish so much, it is about the mind behind those that stand in awe of such devices.

Here's hoping for a constructive disscussion.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
IMHP, the illusion of security comes to mind. being an active explorer in many forms of technology It has been in my experience that nothing is fool proof and that ego's tend to freak out when that illusion is dispelled, regardless whether it's for the better or worse. It may also stem from the notion that aside from Reason , that the human condition has always had a strange addiction and need for tools, unfortionately due to our primal urges, tools of war also become a necessity to protect ourselves from ourselves. just my thunk on the matter.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by Crysstaafur]

XL5

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Well its like a lust for power that can cover cars, machines, money, war toys, computers, heavy metal music and other things. I would say that a hummer is a war toy as well (not the sissy model), ppl just like powerful things. Some ppl think the power to effectivly kill is power and others just like the sense of that power. When you drive a Harley or a speed bike, that is the feeling of freedom through power. Some ppl collect guns for the art/nostalgia, just like some ppl collect old cars.

Try shooting a gun at a can with the understanding that you don't have to hurt any one and then say you didn't feel powerful. Its just the way some people feel powerful. If it was about killing alone, it be anything besides guns, tanks and small explosives.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I LIKE GUNZZZ!!! BANG!!! BOOM!!! KILL EM ALL!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoMrAdE_IvAn
I LIKE GUNZZZ!!! BANG!!! BOOM!!! KILL EM ALL!!!!

Got nothing to add, incapable of stringing a sentence together, shouldn't you be at school..??

We managed to get two constructive answers out before the kids got home from school.

Thanks "XL5" and "Crysstaafur" for trying, I didn't think it would take too long for an example of the mentalty we are disscussing would show up.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hey I think the old way go in guns blazing kill everything in site and things that survive kill them the second time
seriously people say you're cruel or cold hearted but that is the only way to survive you have to be tough

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
WestPoint, reread my thread. You can see that using brute force can be effective at times, but also pointless. I was bringing up the subtle notion that it depends on the warrior in question. Some of us take a direct combat approach and others prefer a strategic indirect combat approach, the difference between an Infantryman and a Sniper, the difference between a Tank and an Artillery Cannon. The key to any victory is the balence between gunz a blaz'n and 1 shot 1 kill.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
...or your greatest weapon could be your mind.

Diplomacy seems to be the last thing on the minds of those who post in this section.

The weapons discussed on these threads are produced as a deterent, or for defensive measures, by the governments which produce them.

Seldom are they used in this capacity.

Ignorance is far from denied in this section.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I could mention the taboo that Diplomacy is also a form of confrontation, but I won't go there. What makes a weapon is the question that would get to the fundimental root here. It depends on the user's intent. As stated above I have had the preference of using the term tool since some 'weapons' can be used for other purposes. I do however agree with the generalization that it does seem that human kind has sadly dropped Reason for Tools. Ironic since it was Reason that allowed us to develop and use Tools, communication is also such a tool.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If someone is set on destroying your way of life by any means diplomacy will not work try telling the Islamic extremist hey do you want to work things out in diplomacy see how far you get the only way some people will understand is by force.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Why would you believe they are trying to destroy your way of life?

May they not have the same opinion?

Do you truly believe that all persons labelled "Terrorists" are actually terrorists?

Do you actually believe these individuals want to spend the rest of there lives fighting for no apparent reason?

Or is it preferable and easier just to believe what the government and media preach to you?

I have seen untold amounts of coverage since the invasion of Afghanistan and then Iraq, but have yet to see any analysis as to why these groups act as they do, why do you think that is?

Diplomacy normally leads to some form of compromise, from both sides, and it's normally the underdog that gets ripped off. Palestine is a prime example. Their land is occupied and they get offered some of it back, they say No, and the Israeli's make out they are impossible to deal with.

If I were to take your land, I'm sure you wouldn't just allow it to happen without consequence, and after we've been fighting for a time, I agreed to give you a quarter of your land back, is that a deal you'd be happy with?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Personnally the media caused a lot of people to think it was cool to be in the millitary remember An Officer and a Gentleman or the most famous Top Gun the guy his a hero, good looking and everybody wants to be Tom Cruise and the sales in leather flying jackets and people trying to become pilots go through the roof.We all have two personnalities one is our true self the other is what we want to be and most of the time people show there personnality that they would want to be more like and occasionaly we slip up and show our true selves.These types of disscussion sites allow ourselves to promote the side that we would most like to be because people cannot see us it is easy to become dillusional and boast about things we have no true understanding.You can tell sometimes tht someone starts talking about being in the millitary and l bet if you could see him he would probably be to young, to fat or to old.I personnally use my own judgement and keep an open mind as to how legitimate somebody is.But you can bet that anybody boasting is talk out of there rear.
Got to put on my leather now and fight some terrorists before my mum makes my dinner

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Von Klausewitz said that war is politics by other means.

Personally I think he got it backwards.

Technology, the artfulness of stringing together components, can be fascinating.

Saying that people only enjoy military technology for it's power and lethality is like saying that you cannot enjoy looking at a beautiful woman's body and enjoy it for its own sake, without wanting to copulate with her.

Ars Gratia Artis, ppl.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Or is it preferable and easier just to believe what the government and media preach to you?

sometimes the things that are easiest or prefered are not the best. in some occasions yes you are true but not in all.

that land is not palestinian. it could be seen as israeli too or even christianity has something to do with that land. both religions wish to control that land and think the other has no right to it because they do not acknowledge their religion.

out

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
How do know they are bent on destroying our way of life because they have said we must kill the infidels we must keep fighting till Allah is the only ruler or god left and a bunch of other crap and personally if I was in charge the middle east would be nuked already.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Not to sympathize with the Islamic extremeists but in there shoes it looks like were destroying there way of life. The idea is to them were not trustworthy and the goes back at them. But back on the topic I think that we like this sort because so many peoples lives are interested in this sort of thing. Look how many people are or were in the military. How many video games have been made about war. Were pretty much numb to this sort of thing because the US has never suffered a true defeat in war.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Were pretty much numb to this sort of thing because the US has never suffered a true defeat in war.

Maybe the French can help us out in that department

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
For Christmas I got one of these:

Yay, ive always wanted one of them.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Were pretty much numb to this sort of thing because the US has never suffered a true defeat in war.

Maybe the French can help us out in that department

I couldn't have said it better my self
video games are kool especially full spectrum warrior

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
To get back to the topic at hand, which is peoples' fascination with WMD, most likely nukes...

In middle school I was fascinated with nukes because of their awsome power and simplicity. But now I no longer find them so fascinating. Now I seek to understand them and thier consequences. And yes, I am aware of these weapons physcological consequences when used. Recently I found some movie clips from the test bombs in Nevada which helped me understnad just what happens when a nuke goes off.

But a lot does depend on the user's/possessors intent.

We need to leave the Mideast now. What they do is none of our business.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join