It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons in Congress right now!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
There's actually quite a lot of controversy here in the States right now concerning this, as the Grand Encampment has just deemed the Great Priory of America C.B.C.S., Rectified Scottish Rite, clandestine because they confer the title of Knight Templar.

now that is new news to me
2nd

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Edicts were issued by the Grand Encampment late last year. The problem is that the Great Priory of America was chartered by a foreign body whom the Grand Encampment recognizes as an equal in Templary. Therefore, the Grand Encampment is claiming jurisdictional infringement by the Great Priory.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by Masonic Light

And then established their own Grand Priory of the Reformed and Rectified Rite of the USA. They have the right to confer 4° through 6° are the only degrees which we have been granted authority, and include Knight of St. Andrew through to Chevalier Bienfaisant de Cite Saint (CBCS). You gotta love the politics of it all.

Has the GEofUSA already established a Priory? I knew they were trying to work out the details but haven't heard that they an Order up and running.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The US would have been a better place if a Mason was in office.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I think so, but I'm not a 100% sure.

I do know that the Grand Priory that chartered the GPUSA was given their charter from the GEKT. It does seem like a slap in the face. I'd have to find the original order from the Most Eminent.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I've received word that the Grand Master of Knights Templar and several grand line officers have travelled to Europe and received the C.B.C.S. degrees, along with a charter to establish a Grand Priory of the United States. The degrees will be conferred for the first time next month in D.C. during A.M.D. week.

This will upstage the Great Priory of America, who have never actually conferred the degrees, and who just have traditionally met during A.M.D. week during a banquet to elect officers.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

That's weird! I got my KT magazine this month and read all the controversy between Great Priory and GEKT.

Interesting.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
That's weird! I got my KT magazine this month and read all the controversy between Great Priory and GEKT.

Interesting.

The GEKT has now established its own Grand Priory, which it considers regular for Knights Templar in the US:

Grand Priory of the Reformed and Rectified Rite of the United States

top topics

<< 1   >>

join