It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stonehenge Photos (National Geo): (lets get everyone up to speed on this)...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Sir, a most excellent posting.

Star for you but you deserve a flag.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks - I hope it sparks some interesting debate.
This site and the people on it fascinate me (some people I have come across amaze me for the wrong reasons) but overall I love the fact it forces me to really keep the mind active and engage in challenging topics....

Regards
F

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

So much for the debating the topic in detail. It was a good try.

I really think we missed a good opportunity to re-visit this topic for a lot of people-which it may have been new to etc.

Well, I must say the Wally Wallington guy is pretty impressive by his own right. I enjoyed that.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kbriggss
The Video doesn't explain how he will get the cap stones on top of the vertical ones.

Ancient man was a pretty clever being. In Egypt, about the same time, they were moving stone blocks (carved into nice blocks) around. Some of the later temples have roof stones that weighed up to 65 tons.

We've forgotten how to do it because we have better and faster methods.

As to ley lines, that seems to be a modern concept. There's no genuine ancient books about them (although there are some modern hoaxes... these books were "translated" by someone and suddenly appear and when you try to find the original book it has suddenly disappeared.)

It's also called "Giant's Dance" and in the Arthurian legends (the ones written in the 1800's... not earlier ones) Merlin transports the stones from Ireland and they are the gravesites of some famous warriors. However, that's a fiction from the 1700-1800 era.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by II HAL II

It wasn't one of a kind, lots of henge's were built.

Cool, I didn't know that... can you point these out for me... are they to the same scale?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by II HAL II

Originally posted by aivlas

It wasn't one of a kind, lots of henge's were built.

Cool, I didn't know that... can you point these out for me... are they to the same scale?

heritage-key.com...
www.sfu.ca...
www.britainexpress.com...
www.britainexpress.com...

they're all different--for some, not much left.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

That was a great post/information. Seriously. I never heard of these other dwellings/cirlces etc. One could probably do a thread on those list alone.

Nicely done.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Thanks for those links, very good

I did know about most of these but I thought aivlas was saying there were structures the same as stonehenge but I haven't seen one yet so I stick to my point it's a one off, as are most of these "henges".

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What about new grange in ireland.

Another nice building from days gone by.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Some are more elaborate and some are in more disrepair but they are the same, you can't just ignore the others because they look differant.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

I don't think it is so much Ignoring them. I think it is we just didn't know about them.

I think that is why a lot of folks like ATS-for this type of stuff. I learn something everyday-that I didn't know before..

The bad side of all this site is..... Now I don't believe so much anymore. I now tend to thing Stonehenge was nothing much at all, just another crazy idea by the locals of the time. It is us that come up with the crazy notion it was a star machince or calendar device etc etc etc.

Most likely it was a fortress of some design. If you take away all the other theories of Ufo.Aliens.Star worshipers etc.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I agree i think it was a fortress or some sort of worship place.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

Maybe by raising them, like he did with that last block, then using stones to roll them onto the tops of the standing ones? Tricky, but doable, I would think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join