It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

second most deadliest snake is at my back door.

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
4 hours ago i went out my back door and there was nothing there. i just went back out and a Eastern Brown Snake has shed its skin in the last couple of hours at my back door. for those who dont know about the brown snakes in australia, It has the second most potent venom of all land snakes (second only to the inland taipan) and is 12 times more toxic than the Indian cobra (Naja naja). just last week a perth man died after one came in the house and was under his computer desk. it bit him on the foot and he died within a few hours.

i, will not be leaving the house without the shovel in my hand. i hate the bloody things.




posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb
 

If I lived where you do, I'd purchase a lower voltage stun gun. When I go into swamps, forests, or deserts, mine is with me at all times.

You get bit, you pop yourself a few times- or easier to have someone else do it - and the complex proteins that make up venom are partially disassembled, rendering them immediately inert.

It's unpleasant, but it beats the alternative.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Shovel AND riding boots!!

Grew up with vipers in the back yard, and I hate them with a passion! Finally found a place without any and I live in peace!

Anyway, be safe and always look under the chair!

Montana



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
trust me.....im looking under everything.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher
 

I'd heard of this before, do you have any links or documentation on this, mainly what kind of venom it works on?

I live in the Philippines and have come too close to a cobra for my on liking.

Thanks



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato
 

It seems to work on reptile venom and insect venom.

Before I got my tricked out (modified) stun gun I now have designated the "Toxin Terminator", I had gotten bitten by a brown recluse, and over days, my hand started turning gray and just about to start going black.

I had to use what I had. I had my son-in-law help me. We pulled out my lawnmower, I removed the spark plug wire and placed my hand on the spark plug - grounding it.

The spark plug wire - the positive - I placed over the bite area as best I could, then had him give it a sharp pull, giving me a few sharp gradients. Damn it was uncomfortable! I jerked my hand back and shook it as a reaction to the voltage.

I put my hand back on the spark plug, the spark plug wire back on my bite, and we did it all over again.

I exaggerate not - by the time we pushed it into the shop and within two minutes - the pain part was gone.

My friends all carry toxin terminators, and this past summer while we were in the high desert of Nevada moving at night, we all carried our own TT's.

This treatment is used heavily in South America where toxic bites are common, yet access to an outboard motor or spark plug wire from autos, motorcycles, or trucks are usually accessible whereas a hospital may be hundreds of miles away.

You'll not find this in American Medical literature.

After all, who's going to do trials?

I just go with what works, the AMA be damned.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
i heard spreading garlic around your property stops them like a barrier. get some garlic, mash it up, add some oil, vinegar and some water and spray a circle around your house.

it should keep anything with a sense of smell a hundred feet away from your door.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb
 


Man if I lived there I would hunt those things to extinction..



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher
 

Thanks for the reply, I'd heard about it in South America. I'm picking up a stun this afternoon.

Again Thanks.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Get the ones with the lower voltage.

Good God, you get the 100K volts, and it will knock your **** in the dirt, something counterproductive. Temporary paralysis is NOT your goal.

Think. Most small engine and car engines use between 25,000 and 40,000 volts.

And that works.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb
 


Man be careful cause it can get under the house. I lived in Perth in the younger days and encountered snakes a dozen, luckily never got bit the crazy things me and my brother did back then. I always remember my mom telling us never to leave cloths on the ground in a pile and my dad always checking for cracks and holes around the building hehe. Brings back good old memories.

Thx for the flashback of good times, take care and be safe mate.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Mate , I am a professional herpetologist and wildlife curator for Elapid Education and Awareness Group . Simply because you have found a sloughed brown skin does not and I repeat does not mean it has come from a eastern brown snake .All sloughed skins are brownish regardless of the color of the snake .If the snake was a green tree snake the sloughed skin would still be brown if you can understand what I am saying .I am the liecenced snake removalist on the Gold Coast listed with the emergency departments .If I was there I could identify the species for you by scale count . You can relax , more than likely long gone . Please don't harm this animal or put yourself in harms way .Leave it alone and it will leave you alone .Most bites are from people trying to kill them .Also the are a fully protected species .



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Oh jez ,hey Deb . I didn't see that you where the OP .
Trust me all will be fine .Take care Jason .



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac
 

13th, I fully appreciate what you do for a living and of course your expertise.

I fully appreciate your fondness for your work, so to speak.

Having been bitten by an American Cottonmouth, an Eastern Diamondback, and an unknown hemotoxic snake in SE Asia, you'll please indulge my unreasonable attitude that I will go out of my way to kill a poisonous snake.

Just my narrow-minded, contrary nature.

And see, from you today, I learned something about snakes I didn't know.

Thanks!



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
nothing like a shot gun blast to take care of a snake. I hate the damned things. My dad grew up in Costa
Rica in the 50's and he said he shot snakes on a daily basis. No matter how many he shot there were always more to shoot. He never left his house with out his rifle. He has a mega fear of snakes but now that he's in
Detroit he doesn't have to worry about the reptile snake just the human kind.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac
 


hey 13th....i didnt even realise you were an aussie. its definately a brown. very very common for where i live. see them all the time on the road and i am 1 house away from the bush and the creek. my suburb has a creek on one side and a major river on the other. we live on the "highway" between the two.

and to the other guy about the stun guns....i am very interested in what you have to say as i work in a hospital. so you are saying you just use a common stun gun. could you go into more detail. is there a time frame in which you need to use it. would love to hear more and i will speak with our icu dr's tomorrow and get their reaction.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You just give the bite area a couple of one point five or two second jolts, and that should do it.

Again, lower voltages between 25000 and 40000 seems to work just fine.

Venoms are delicate protein structures. These sharp gradients of high voltage appear to knock off a molecule or two of the toxin. Like knocking off a branch of a tree.

And without every single molecule in the structure necessary for the specific toxin, it's now something else. Something non-toxic. Something the body can break down and assimilate.

Then you just treat the wound.

It's funny. Without any prior discussion at any time, on any level, three of us - one from Florida, one from North Carolina, and one from Oregon all showed up in Nevada with their own TT's specifically for snake bite.

Of course these are highly technical people, schooled significantly in biophysics.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher
 


so these tt's you speak of are specifically sold for snake bites?. anyone over there done any research on these.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join