It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did A UFO Nearly Start World War III In 1982?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

27 Flags No Links ?? I find this a very hard story to believe. Even in the 1980's they had cameras. If an object has been there for over an hour it will have had its picture taken, And they would have probably been leaked by now. Sorry not buying this one.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Gives a lot top think about.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree Heff- horrifying to think how many times we may have been close to the 'Big One" that we'll never, ever know about....

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86
I thought this site was about alien spacecraft not military aerial radar blips. The term UFO is so confusing.
edit on 31-12-2010 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

Why is it confusing? UFO means "Unidentified Flying Object"- it doesn't always have to mean it was an "alien spacecraft" in every case....

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Try "Belokorovichi".
From this source, the location truly had a missile operating base.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

"The purpose of the press conference was to draw worldwide media attention to the reality of UFO incursions at nuclear weapons sites, which have been going on since the 1940s."

Still don't believe me?

"The documents that have been declassified through the Freedom of Information Act and the witness testimony from over 120 former or retired military people who I've interviewed conclusively proves that UFOs are interested in our nuclear weapons, and have not only monitored them decade after decade but have, on occasion, tampered with them, have temporarily activated missiles and have shut down missiles on a number of other occasions -- some pretty dramatic stuff."

Full article here.

Did you ever begin to think that if anyone in the Soviet military had taken any pictures and released them, what would have happened to the soldier or soldiers that released the pictures??? I can guarantee you that they would have been ridiculed by their superiors. They could have ended up being discharged after the pics were released. Considering it was the Soviet Union at the time, it could have meant that the KGB would have been sent after you and you would have been "dealt with" by a KGB agent.

According to these men, UFOs were spotted hovering over nuclear missile sites and military bases all over the world, mostly in a surveillance capacity. But there have been incidents when surveillance wasn’t the only objective. In March 1967, two incidents occurred at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana, rendering 20 ICBMs temporarily unlaunchable. In 1966, at Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota, the launch countdown of several ICBMs was set off, causing US Air Force missile officers to scramble with an override.
"Our missile began going into what's called a 'no-go' condition or unlaunchable. Essentially they were disabled," said retired USAF First Lieutenant Robert Salas.

Full article here as well.

The United States, Great Britain, and the Russians have know for years that ufos have been sighted around our military bases. The government knows that these objects can constitute a threat even if we do not provoke them. Hell, Ronald Reagan knew that these "visitors" could in fact be hostile. Why do you think he proposed the "Star Wars Defense" in the 1980s? There was another reason for it rather than to shoot down Soviet missiles that had been launched into sub-orbit in a nuclear war.

If you still don't believe this thread. Then listen to the following two videos and then form your opinion.

edit on 31-12-2010 by gimmefootball400 because: forgot a tag

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If this was real Russia wouldn't have fizzled away as a country. They would have realized that was a threat and aliens were messing with their nukes....they would have built a nuclear powered spacecraft like our Aurora and many types of directed energy weapons to deal with the ET threat...

But they didn't. They fizzled away as a country and never even got their shuttle program going. Therefor...hoax.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

I believe this is the location of the ICBM site referenced to. Took some time through Google but found a site that had other sites listed which included the Byelokoroviche ICBM-Base.

Here are the coordinates:

49.345145N 27.4392128E

Source:
wikimapia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
just became aware of this incident while watching a show called "Strange Evidence" on Science Channel. The subject was a recent ufo in the Ukraine, and they mentioned this incident from 1982, which I was not aware of. Has much in common with other ufo's seen around missile sites across the globe and interesting interaction by and from ufo's.
edit on 12pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join