It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did A UFO Nearly Start World War III In 1982?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Did a UFO nearly start World War II in October of 1982? Some former Soviet military believe that it, in fact, may have just happened.

Following the complete collapse of the Soviet Union in December of 1991. A few Soviet military commanders started to come forward to talk about an incident that took place on the night of October 4th, 1982. Some former Soviet military commanders believe that we may have been much closer to World War III due to this one particular incident. On the night of October 4th, 1982, a large ufo was reported hovering above the Soviet nuclear missle base near the Ukrainian town of Byelokoroviche. The dimension of this object was reported to be as high as Some time into the encounter, several R-12 nuclears missiles activated without permission to launch the missles being received from Moscow. Before the missiles activated, none of the missile launch officers had activated the launch sequences on the missiles. When the object first appeared over the base and the general area. Twenty year old radio operator Vladimir Matveyev and close to one thousand soldiers and Soviet officers watched the ufo for nearly an hour as it hovered over the base housing the Soviet R-12 nuclear missiles. This object, as described by Matveyev, hovered at a distance of nearly a mile and a half away from where Matveyev and his fellow soldiers were stationed at. According to Matveyev, this object was nearly as tall as a five story house.

Captain Valery Polykhaev, who was on his way home, reported seeing two brightly lit objects at around three to four miles in altitude. These two objects, according to Polykhaev, appeared to be in the shape of a Christmas tree decoration. He also reported that these objects were anywhere between one to two miles apart from each other. In his report to Moscow, Captain Polykhaev also stated that the objects changed from one ellpitical shape to a straight line. Several other Soviet commanders in the same area also reported seeing the same object from several different locations in and around Byelokoroviche at that time. Later on that evening, Captain Polykhaev reported seeing the same object around 8PM that day. This time, it was reported that the object had flashed brightly and went out. It then reappeared to flash again before an elliptical arrangement of six to eight lights surrounded the object. After the object flashed the last time, a ball of light appeared to break off and flew towards the ground, disappearing before reaching the surface. Captain Kovalenko, who was in Captain Polykhaev's car with him, also reported nearly the same exact thing to Moscow after the event.

Major Lipezki and Captain Ryabinin were driving along a road between the villages of Perebrody and Usovo when they saw the object as well. In a report to the Kremlin, Lipezki reported that the object itself was hovering somewhere above the village of Usovo. They reported seeing the lights as five groups in an area nearly as equal to the setting sun on the horizon. At the time they spotted the lights, these objects were hovering about ninety to one hundred feet above the edge of a nearby forest. Along with Major Lipezki and Captain Ryabinin, Senior Lieutenant Kobulyansky and Major Drobakhin reported seeing unidentified objects on the road to Byelokoroviche between the hours of 7:30 and 9:00PM that night. One of them reported that an electromagnetic effect of some kind had affected the radio of the car in which they were travelling in. It is possible that the car radio they had on may have been affected by an electromagnetic force if an unidientified flying object was responsible. If you folks ever have your AM radio turned on in your vehicle. If you pass under power lines with the AM radio on, you will hear static that is being generated by the electromagnetic field surrounding the power lines.

At the same exact time, a much different story was going on in the bunker when the object was overhead and as the object was being sighted by military commanders in the area. Major M. Davidovich Kataman, senior assistant to the commander of Military Unit 52035's communication's service, who was in charge of computerized control panels for the long range missiles located at the base. Even though he did not see the object himself since he was down in the bunker. What he saw in military speak was the stuff of nightmares for him and his fellow officers. In his report to Moscow, he stated that he observed the spontaneous lumination of all the displays on the control panels for the missiles. Judging by what Major Kataman saw, he believed that someone or something was putting in the precise launch codes to activate the missiles. These launch codes regulated the computerized missile launch control panel. Testing of the parameter measurement on the apparatus showed no defects with the machine according to the technical maps. According to the technical maps for the apparatus, it was functioning as it was designed to. However, that was before and after the displays had lit up. It is believed that the object may have sent a powerful electro-magnetic pulse down to the bunker. Which, in turn, activated the missiles' launch control sequence.

According to the "investigation" conducted by the KGB and the Kremlin at the time. The given explanation to the unexplained lights was due to military exercises being conducted in the area. The closest military exercise going on that night was happening over two hundred miles away. Then how do you explain the mysterious activation of the launch control panel to several nuclear missiles when no one had ordered or gave the authorization codes to permit a launch? If it was a military exercise, then why hadn't any commander in the area been notified that an exercise was taking place? If that is the case, then what was it that over one thousand military personnel had witnessed or experienced first hand that night?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This has happened more than once. I recall seeing a video interview with an ex-military person saying that also in the 80's there was an incident where multiple high-speed incoming objects were being tracked over the ocean and heading straight for California airspace.I guess they were getting the launch codes ready, etc while frantic phone calls were being made to Russia, who denied they were Soviet missiles, when suddenly all of the objects vanished from radar.Very close call....
Phew!!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is interesting stuff.

Regardless, I think we are already in the middle of it (regardless of when it started).

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Does Byelokoroviche go by a new name these days?

Can't find it anywhere.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hi,

Interesting story, where did you read about this? is this a translation? some of the sentences seem incomplete or the result of a bad translation, such as those made by some sites.

Also, could not find anything related on the net, that's why i'm curious about who wrote this or where it came from.

Anyway, interesting story, would like to know more about it, so waiting for your reply

Kai

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There is a lot on this on the net if you type in "Byelokorovich". Strange thing is that Byelokorovich is supposed to be a place in ukraine, and absolutely nothing comes up about the geographical place, only the UFO incident.

I think the base is just west of "Rozsokhy Khmel'nyts'ka oblast, Ukraine"?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

I believe that it was either Vandenberg or Caslte Air Force Base that tracked the objects over the Pacific. The frantic phone calls made were from military commanders who thought we were under attack. However, the Soviets were right in saying that it was not them shooting missiles at us

reply to post by SquirrelNutz

I honestly do not believe that we are fighting World War III just yet, it may be a while before that happens. With the way everything is going now, it's not going to be long before World War III happens. However, this case is not the first time that a ufo has messed with nuclear missiles.

The first case in particular comes from Minot Air Force Base in Minot, North Dakota on August 25th, 1966. A missile control capsule experienced radio interference at the same time an unknown object was picked up on radar at 100,000 feet. Several other personnel witnessed an object with red lights in the sky. This object climbed higher in which it landed a distance away from the base. Which, in turn, caused "strike teams" to be sent out after the object. Again, radio interference was experienced this time by the strike team after tehy had got within ten miles of where the object landed. A few months later, March of 1967, another ufo incident at the base has the strike team sent out once again. This after a ufo had been spotted hovering over the base once again.

On March 16th and 20th, 1967, perhaps the most famous ufo/missile incident occured at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana. In which a ufo was spotted hovering over the base and the Minuteman missile silos. It was during these two incidents that one or more of the missiles at the base activated when a ufo buzzed the area surrounding the city of Great Falls and Malmstrom Air Force Base. The Air Force confirmed that all missiles from "Echo" Flight had shutdown within seconds of each other the morning of the 16th. The military determined that this incident was a threat to "National Security" after they had concluded their investigation into the incident. According to the Air Force, the ufo incident had made these missiles unlaunchable for a period of about thirty minutes while the ufo hovered over the base.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Looks like Hitler is at it again

Man, if this happened, I wouldn't be here today. Thank god it stopped. Now, what if this was an attempt by the US military? That would be an ingeneous weapon. A mobile hacking unit, capable of disarming all of the enemies' weapons and devices? Or maybe it was an attempt by an Extraterrestrial force to wage war wit us...

Regardless, we should already be ahead of where we are now. It is sad that the US governement doesn't want the people to know of the advanced tech it has. We need to stop beefing with other countries and man up together to dominate our Solar system. Who knows if this threat may ever happen for real next time?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The "mobile hacking unit" would not be a feasible reason seeing as to how you would have to have the reverse engineer of the Soviet launch control systems. You would have also had to have been in posession of a means of delivering the hack commands to the system. You would also have to have people who were familiar with the construction and the operations of these control panels so that you could hack into them if they were hacked. You would also have to have the means to cover such a unit, if it existed at the time, so that the Soviets would not have been able to detect it.

It is very well possible that it could have been an ET or ETs attempting to force us to wage war with each other. I mean why would any ET waste their time waging war with what would be a primitive civilization on their eyes. Yes it is sad that the US government doesn't want the general public to know of how advanced some of their technology is. However, some people have a huge suspicion as to where some of this technology, like the Stealths, came from. I for one believe that we attained the technology on our own, but we weren't the ones who first developed it. For all we know, it could be a product of reverse engineering of some alien crafts that crashed all over the world between the late 1940s to the mid 1970s. You know, the ones that our government has said that they "haven't or never" recovered or know of recovering.

Who's to say if we were to focus on our defense from space, that an advanced extraterrestrial race would not be able to penetrate our defenses. I guarantee that something like this will happen again or it has been close to happening multiple times afterwards.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
The "mobile hacking unit" would not be a feasible reason seeing as to how you would have to have the reverse engineer of the Soviet launch control systems.

Would a former soviet mechanical operator do the job?

You would have also had to have been in posession of a means of delivering the hack commands to the system.

I could think of a way that we would be logically advanced at that time to be able to manipulate these from a distance. I can do it another time.

You would also have to have people who were familiar with the construction and the operations of these control panels so that you could hack into them if they were hacked.

Again. A former Soviet missile control operator would do the job.

You would also have to have the means to cover such a unit, if it existed at the time, so that the Soviets would not have been able to detect it.

If it was a mobile hacking unit, it could have been advanced enough to have at least a low-level EM absorber, that absorbs electromagnetic waves, or better yet, it could have been made out of glass, an insulator, that radio waves wouldn't be able to detect it.

Then again, it could be destroyed by resonance...but who's to say that couldn't see it was glass?
edit on 29-12-2010 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
The "mobile hacking unit" would not be a feasible reason seeing as to how you would have to have the reverse engineer of the Soviet launch control systems. You would have also had to have been in posession of a means of delivering the hack commands to the system. You would also have to have people who were familiar with the construction and the operations of these control panels so that you could hack into them if they were hacked. You would also have to have the means to cover such a unit, if it existed at the time, so that the Soviets would not have been able to detect it.

It is very well possible that it could have been an ET or ETs attempting to force us to wage war with each other. I mean why would any ET waste their time waging war with what would be a primitive civilization on their eyes. Yes it is sad that the US government doesn't want the general public to know of how advanced some of their technology is. However, some people have a huge suspicion as to where some of this technology, like the Stealths, came from. I for one believe that we attained the technology on our own, but we weren't the ones who first developed it. For all we know, it could be a product of reverse engineering of some alien crafts that crashed all over the world between the late 1940s to the mid 1970s. You know, the ones that our government has said that they "haven't or never" recovered or know of recovering.

Who's to say if we were to focus on our defense from space, that an advanced extraterrestrial race would not be able to penetrate our defenses. I guarantee that something like this will happen again or it has been close to happening multiple times afterwards.

One assumption would be that the ET is in process of dominating this star system. Using the star as its energy source. They see the Earth, about to reach the stage where we guzzle up the sun's energy, and they want it for themselves.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If it were a mobile hacking unit that caused the near launch of these missiles that night. Then how do you explain the objects that nearly one thousand Soviet soldiers and military commanders saw in the skies over the Ukraine that night? If I remember correctly, one of the base commanders said that nearly all of the radio equipment was fried but in working order after the incident.

I do believe that ETs are already here and are either trying to help us further ourselves as a civilization. Do I believe that some ETs could be a threat to us? I believe that some advanced civilization does have us in our crosshairs. If you don't believe me, then you need to listen closely to this video about the Phobos 1 & 2 probes that the Soviets launched in 1988. Phobos 2 was lost by the Soviets after taking photographs of the moon Phobos. In the last series of photos, an object of considerable size appeared minutes before the probe was lost. Officials with Glavkosmos, the precursor to the Russian Federal Space Agency, knew that the probes were destroyed by alien forces.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I DO believe this event probably happened...and I futher speculate that this may have happened simultaneously at U.S. launch facilities, as well (although it obviously went unreported on the U.S. side). My guess is that this was initiated as a warning/show of force to both sides of the terrestrial M.A.D. camp.
The fictional ET-initiated act of shutting down the global power grid in the original film The Day The Earth Stood Still strikes me as a very similar demonstration.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The problem that I have with most governments, i.e. the U.S., the British, and the Chinese, when it comes to ufo cases surrounding military installations is this. The Soviets and now the Russians know for a fact that ufos do in fact exist. Yet we've been trying to hide the fact that we have tried to intercept ufos flying over British and American airspace, I presume the Chinese have done the same thing. I heard a stat some time ago about how many warplanes that just the United States lost during the UFO Air Wars of the 1950s. I believe we lost somewhere on the order of twenty to thirty or so aircraft because of where we, the United States, engaged these craft and we tried to shoot them down. When we engaged these craft, they took it as a threat and retaliated.
edit on 30-12-2010 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It is not even confirmed if this is a real place or not. Let alone the UFO-nuke story surrounding it. First things first.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Yes, Byelokoroviche is indeed a real location outside the capitol of Kiev. It is actually a very small village that does not appear on a map of the Ukraine. However, you will find it if you look for it on Google Earth.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
How did this alien almost start a war? They said it was an alien after all. Where they planning on flying to its home planet and waging war?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica
How did this alien almost start a war? They said it was an alien after all. Where they planning on flying to its home planet and waging war?

Did you read the OP?

It says that the nuclear console began activating itself - as if by remote control or remote manipulation of some kind. If a missile were to have launched the inevitable result would have been automatic reactionary launches when the US detected and verified that a launch event had occurred.

Aliens, tech glitches, whatever... This would have led to global thermonuclear war. And the sad part is that this kind of nightmare scenario - a launch based upon faulty information or computer glitch - has happened more times than the average person is aware of.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whipsandchainsamerica

Just by the fact that this object had somehow put in the correct input and launch codes for the missiles to become activated. I've said it before and will undoubtedly say it again, the Soviets knew that ufos do exist and are very capable of interfering with guidance systems such as this. Even the heads of what was then GlavKosmos, the precursor to the Russian Federal Space Agency, knew what the capabilities of these craft were. There are even reports from the 1960s of UFOs destroying Soviet space rockets while the rockets were still on the launch pad. The Soviets believed this to be retalliation for several ufos that were shot down and by the Soviets.

I don't believe they were gonna fly the thing to their home planet just to wage a war. It would be pointless if some alien race were to come down here to steal a nuclear weapon. If some civilization that is millions, if not billions, of years ahead of us wants to wage war. They would not need our help in doing it. The weapons that they would be using would be far more advanced than what we call our modern weaponry is. I mean I'm sorry but I just don't see why some advanced civilization would want to come down here and mess with our "modern" technology.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I thought this site was about alien spacecraft not military aerial radar blips. The term UFO is so confusing.
edit on 31-12-2010 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join