It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo I Took Of A Renaissance UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You've probably gotten involved with the threads that discuss UFOs in early Renaissance paintings (1400-1479). One of the painters usually selected is Piero della Francesca, an Italian artist. One of his famous paintings is "The Baptism of Christ", shown below. My photo is of the painting as found in a magazine which I think is "ART & ANTIQUES", not sure.

In 1993 I had a copy of Wendelle Stevens book "UFO...CONTACT FROM THE PLEIADES" and on pages 196-197 one can see a poorly reproduced "Baptism..." Stevens claimed that the clouds in the painting (and other paintings) were UFOs. Of course I didn't buy it. But I did always wonder why people such as Stevens who was alleged to have one if not the largest collection of UFO photos would make such a claim, as if he didn't develop common sense.

Anyways, I was living in L.A. at the time, in a 2-story apartment house and I used to go to the roof regularly and photo celestial wonders such as sundogs, etc. One day I was fortunate to spy the cloud you see below which is a perfect match for what is seen in many such paintings by della Francesca and other artists.

So you might ask, "Well, what are you trying to prove?" And my reply, just evidence that what is sometimes posited/claimed as this turns out to be that. Unfortunately, there will always be those that will accept "this" criticize "that". I hope that you are in the "that" camp.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb9367ee21a6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5981382f6922.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Nice cloud.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
RIGHT?
If thats a ufo... i saw like 8 of those huge things today!!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Every now and then one of these threads pops up

Ok how much did u have to drink over xmas

I have never heard of people claiming there were ufos in that painting if so correct me if I am wrong

edit on 27/12/10 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
John the Baptist, cousin of Jesus, was the true Messiah. Jesus stole his message, his followers, and had him killed so he could build a following and claim the throne in Jerusalem. Failed miserably, of course. But John's message still lives.

Or whatever.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Lenticular clouds that look like saucers are natural, albeit not all that common.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bca6c5e2a5f4.jpg[/atsimg]

You might not be able prove that a u.f.o hasn't ever once use these to hide in, but you can prove that these clouds are entirely natural and occur without u.f.o's.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Not sure The Shrike is trying to prove that this is a UFO in the painting, but maybe he is trying to prove that it is NOT.

I believe arguments have been made that the painting holds the image of a UFO, or a cloud shaped UFO. I assume Shrike is debunking any of these arguments about the painting's UFO/Cloud?
edit on 27-12-2010 by esteay812 because: I accidentally posted a link to undeniable evidence from wikileaks about UFOs/Aliens and had to erase it before I got in trouble.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So a little bit of 'this' and a little bit of 'that'; A little bit of 'this' and a little bit of 'that'.....

How about a how lotta 'WHAT'??????

That, my friend is very clearly a cloud. Thanks for sharing???

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under

Since the new year is around the corner, why don't you make a new year's resolution that when you reply to threads here you'll say something you can be proud of and that will elicit worthwhile responses?

But not to waste your reply, I'm still being fed intravenuously by a local bartender. Tequila, he told me, produced by Hacienda La Capilla Distillery.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I thought that the OP was actually saying that the photo was of a cloud and implying that the thing in the painting (correctly in my opinion) is also a cloud
Am I the only one that interpreted it like that?

I didn't see any claim that the cloud was a UFO
edit on 27-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Since the new year is around the corner, why don't you make a new year's resolution that when you reply to threads here you'll say something you can be proud of and that will elicit worthwhile responses?

But not to waste your reply, I'm still being fed intravenuously by a local bartender. Tequila, he told me, produced by Hacienda La Capilla Distillery.

Lighten up will yah just having a light hearted moment

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I also have often been impressed by some of the strange cloud images that can be found. Indeed I have photographed a few of them myself. For those of you who are interested, just type "Lenticular clouds" into Google and you can see lots of clouds which look like UFOs.

...Ufofan

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The Shrike is simply pointing out the fact
that some people will waste our time posting threads
claiming to find UFO's where none exist.

Now, not only will we have to endure these post's
of UFO's that do not exist. But,now we will be wasting our time on threads
pointing out the posting of threads of UFO's
where none exist.

The BrainGarden.
edit on America/Chicagoam2431America/ChicagoTue, 28 Dec 2010 00:17:24 -060012 3117 by BrainGarden because: spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I thought that the OP was actually saying that the photo was of a cloud and implying that the thing in the painting (correctly in my opinion) is also a cloud

For the claim you'd have to acquire Stevens' book and look at the pages mentioned. I don't have the book any longer, sold it on eBay for a good profit.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

did you not see the thread title ?

Peace.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufofan
I also have often been impressed by some of the strange cloud images that can be found. Indeed I have photographed a few of them myself. For those of you who are interested, just type "Lenticular clouds" into Google and you can see lots of clouds which look like UFOs....Ufofan

Actually, you mean Google Images which will show you 43,300 results. Fantastic photos. I remember when I visited Randsburg Ghost Town in California I photographed a beautiful, perfectly formed lenticular cloud and thought about all of the people who saw a UFO instead of a rare chance to see mother nature at work.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I remember walking to my mates house only to find my mates staggering towards me in socks and no shoes, they had ran a few kilometers chasing a fleet of what they claimed to be Flying Saucers without shoes down quite a few streets, I recon they were clouds but their ripped socks and bloody feet made me think they were convinced otherwise, one went mad on barbituates a few years later, one died in a submariners course for the Royal Navy and the other became a mentally slow alcoholic gambler....the two living both believe thay saw something, I didnt.
edit on 28-12-2010 by MisterBurns because: correct spelling and stuff

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I have never heard of people claiming there were ufos in that painting if so correct me if I am wrong

Bob, if you read the what The Shrike wrote in the opening post he clearly states that Wendelle Stevens thought that the cloud is a UFO: "Stevens claimed that the clouds in the painting (and other paintings) were UFOs."

Reading the other responses it seems that others failed to read the text and only looked at the pictures, too!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

here's a link to pics from different centuries that have ufo's in them

www.crystalinks.com...

And no these arent clouds

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I can see what you are saying but I just wonder how many threads where you pour scorn on people in this way before it becomes old hat. We already know there are many that will take anything at face value and we know that the mental urge to 'believe' in some comes very close to delusional but that's their choice.

I myself believe based on maths, pure and simple.

Do I believe that whoever or whatever has been here, I'd like to think so just to expand our world a little but I have no reason to believe its actually happened. I just believe that somewhere out there in this dimension or possible others that there is life of some sort, I also hope that it's no where near as stupid as we are!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join