It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI Claims Three Giant Spaceships Headed Towards Earth [HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
kinda funny this came today when they were playing Independence Day all night last night on Spike...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
And i was hoping they were real and one would park over Washington DC and we could hear about all the politicians wetting themselves.
:lol :

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
And i was hoping they were real and one would park over Washington DC and we could hear about all the politicians wetting themselves.:

Well, if they're looking for intelligent life on the planet, good luck to them finding it in Washington..

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This story has been posted in several other media outlets.

Korean Herald
"Another report shows three giant spaceships are heading towards Earth. According to the Russian Pravda news, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) in the United States,
said the largest one of the three spaceships is 240 kilometers wide, and the two others are smaller."

www.koreaherald.com...

Russian Pravda
The date of the supposed space contact with extraterrestrial civilization brings up thoughts about the Mayan calendar, which ends on December 21, 2012. Is it just a coincidence? Most likely, though, SETI researchers mistake the wish for the reality: fifty years of constant monitoring of space have not yielded any results.

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
What're the blue things, though? I want to know what the blue things are. That's where the whole story grew legs.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Really don't know about this one. The rate at which the supposed craft are supposed to be travelling could make sense if the aliens are restricted to sub relativistic speeds. If we had to go to another planet, say 500 light years away, and could only get to half the speed of light, it would take ~1000 years to get there so we would need to build a ship big enough for a lot of people to live on and reproduce so their great great great great great ... grandchildren could get there and do the business. If, on the other hand, the aliens had the tech to go faster than light, who's to say they don't have to drop out of 'hyperspace' outside of any given solar system? We don't possess such tech, so we don't know.

It's a wait and see job. I've seen this story on some fairly reputable media sites so...

The lack of anything pertaining to this report on the SETI site is telling, however, so I remain very sceptical.

Can't beat this sort of a story though, certainly raises a good few talking points.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The SETI site denies this claims: www.seti.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by watermama

u don't know if its real or not unless you're seen the aliens themselves. SETI could be keeping it underwraps SO AS TO NOT SCARE THE PUBLIC ABOUT WHAT'S REALLY OUT THERE !!! Imagine if the aliens are really coming for us, what can anyone do about it? invent missiles to kill them? or train the new generation to fight them ? there would be so much turmoil at EVERY part of the world!
I agree that it might be a hoax, but I think if an established organisation were to say they spotted aliens coming, I would believe them.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Please excuse me for bringing back this thread which turned out to be a hoax. I'm wondering if someone can help me identify the guy from this Youtube video which was posted in this thread? Is he still around on Youtube?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cllj7

He calls himself The Punisher (such a cheesy name) and has his own channel, or at least he did have. The bloke is a nut though sadly. Found you some links

Rev

edit on 3/1/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA: Linky

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Thanks a ton! He seems like an interesting bloke, but definitely more on the crazy side than I remember him!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join