It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI Claims Three Giant Spaceships Headed Towards Earth [HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
reply to post by backinblack

I take this story with a couple of barrels of salt, but I dont think how long it would take them to get here is a valid argument against it not been true.

We wouldnt know what there technology is like? Maybe they could only travel through space at a similar speed to what we can and had to do some kind of worm hole jump out side of our solar system?

My thoughts exactly, one argument could be that 'they' bend space in order to travel vast distances. And once 'they' have arrived on the other side they must use slower methods in order to avoid debris. But who knows, the possibilities are endless.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Sed Non Credo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I can see it now...huge motherships hovering high in our atmosphere. The alien species will send out scout ships, there will no longer be any denying that we are not alone. The governments of the world will convene and choose "ambassadors" to meet with this new species. People will flock to their places of worship for some explanation as to what this means regarding their belief in God. Richard C. Hoagland will no doubt claim that they are from Mars and that it was he who first discovered them and their tetrahedral pyramids on the surface of Mars, and that he therefore claims the rights to any new technology we may garner from this contact.

Then, after months of observing us, they will decide to send down a landing party to meet with the people of planet Earth. Human beings will be glued to their televisions as live coverage is beamed to every household of the ETs disembarking and setting foot onto the surface of our planet. Then as the first one steps out of the craft he is greeted by the representative for all humankind. This representative will no doubt have on standard issue blue medical gloves and his first words will be, "We need you guys to step over here, remove your shoes and anything you may have in your pockets. You can either choose the full body scan or the pat-down. If you cooperate..."

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
"We need you guys to step over here, remove your shoes and anything you may have in your pockets. You can either choose the full body scan or the pat-down. If you cooperate..."

That's funny
But I think one would have to be pretty darn brave or stupid to try to "pat-down" an alien.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I see what SETI says and has been written, but didnt you mean H-A-A-R-P? Not HAARD? Its in Alaska right? When one piece of info goes unchecked or is wrong.....

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is the same news agency that pops up all over the HOAX forum. It's really no different that the Weekly World News.

This is the galactic equivalent of the Bat Boy.

en.wikipedia.org...(character)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well, since no one knows 100% (supposedly) for sure about any of this being true or not, then who really has the right to say it's a hoax. I still say time will tell.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
I see what SETI says and has been written, but didnt you mean H-A-A-R-P? Not HAARD? Its in Alaska right? When one piece of info goes unchecked or is wrong.....

I've seen that mentioned elsewhere, either shows a lack of research or just a typo.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Sed Non Credo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by watermama

I checked the SETI website and didn't find anything also.

As for this being already posted on ATS that thread is here: www.abovetopsecret.com... and it has been moved to the HOAX forum.....

There is a link in the thread above that is a response to the VonHelton YouTube video.

Here it is so it doesn't have to be searched out......

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Just so we're all looking at the same things....search for

19 25 12-89 46 03 – odd

16 19 35-88 43 10 – cylindrical

02 26 39-89 43 13 – circle

at this location and you'll see....

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

WOW! That's actually pretty creepy. That blue object doesn't look like some natural formation to me. I'm definitely no expert, but that looks like something "manufactured"

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Its about as credible as the weekly world news, national enquirer or 'the sun'.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Seriously ??..............SETI Claims Three Giant Spaceships

IF S.E.T.I had made such a claim then it would be published on their web site .... it isn't , so I think its safe to conclude that they haven't made the claim and this is a HOAX .

Recent light has been shed on the reason that the SETI (Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence) project has been cancelled by the government.

Yeah , its because its a pointless wast of money , listening out for ET's using radio waves is pointless and the American government know that .

I mean no offense to you Sed Non Credo , but this story is obviously the work of someone with a creative imagination and not to be trusted .

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to an actual article?

This one in the OP sends me to another forum, which has a link that then sends me to a blog.

- Lee

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Recent light has been shed on the reason that the SETI (Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence) project has been cancelled by the government.

Yeah , its because its a pointless wast of money , listening out for ET's using radio waves is pointless and the American government know that .

Well... Maybe it's also possible that it was canceled because they found out something the government doesn't want us to know?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadros
>snip<

>snip<

Looks oddly familiar...

DON'T PANIC!!!!

edit on 12/27/2010 by abecedarian because: broke the improbability drive

edit on 12/27/2010 by abecedarian because: as improbable as it was, I broke the improbability drive again

edit on 12/27/2010 by abecedarian because: aw, c'mon. 3 times in a row? How improbable is that?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Never mind, looks like this was placed in a more appropriate forum.
Oh well. Guess that answers my first question.

- Lee

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
OMG... Original poster, you actually thought this was a real story? It was on PRAVDA for god sake.. KING of fake websites.

geez.. send this to the dang HOAX forum..... lol....

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

None taken at all mate, I posted on here to find out what they general take is on this story so you gave me exactly what I asked for.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

I never said at any point whether I believe it or not. 'geez'.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sed Non Credo

SETI isn't funded by the government and imo its better that way

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join