It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI Claims Three Giant Spaceships Headed Towards Earth [HOAX]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Mod Edit: this story has been proven a hoax.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please see the linked thread for more explanation. Thank you.

Original Source

SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence), an independent non-commercial organization, released a sensational statement.

Three giant spaceships are heading towards Earth. The largest one of them is 240 kilometers wide, while the other two are smaller. At present, the objects are beyond the orbit of Pluto.

The spaceships were detected by the HAARD search system. The system, based in Alaska, was designed to study the phenomenon of northern lights. According to SETI researchers, the objects are nothing but extraterrestrial spaceships. They will be visible in optical telescopes as soon as they reach Mars's orbit. The US government is well aware about the event. Researchers have calculated the ships will reach Earth at the end of 2012.

The date of the supposed space contact with extraterrestrial civilization brings up thoughts about the Mayan calendar, which ends on December 21, 2012. Is it just a coincidence? Most likely, though, SETI researchers mistake their wish with reality: fifty years of constant monitoring of space have not yielded any results.

Nevertheless, mankind only begins to explore space. We are just newcomers in this huge and unexplored world. Many believe that there are many other civilizations in space beside our own civilization.

I apologise if this has already been posted, I did search but found nothing matching the title.

Original Source Also contains some image co-ordinates.

Recent light has been shed on the reason that the SETI (Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence) project has been cancelled by the government. It seems that something was starting to happen. According to my sources the government black project boys have taken over some of the antennas and are now processing signals for the exclusive use of the United States Navy. The government seems to be highly upset that more than one very large object is fast approaching Earth.

Speculation about just what these objects may be, range from Ark ships that are coming to take away some people just before a cataclysmic event strikes earth. Another speculation suggest that we are about to be invaded and the peoples of Earth forced into slave labor to mine certain rare elements. We may be plundered or saved. Either way the near future is yet to unfold.

At the present time the object(s) are beyond the orbit of Pluto. It is estimated that the objects are in the neighborhood of 150 miles across by 30 to 50 miles wide. Not long ago a Russian Mars probe photographed an object fitting this description just before it was destroyed for unknown reasons. Later, an American Mars probe was destroyed just before it reached that planet.

Continued @ Boomshock.com

I cannot find any mention of this on the official SETI website, SETI.org.

Now this is certainly an interesting article, but before I comment further I'd just like to run this by you all in order to question whether this has been debunked? I'm about to begin fishing for myself.

edit on 27-12-2010 by Sed Non Credo because: Added video

edit on 27-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sed Non Credo

Wow, amazing news from the macedonian international news agency. In another part of the article, It talks about secret findings on the moon.

Rumor has it that the Americans classified a lot of information about findings on the Moon. In 1988, a prominent and high ranking Chinese official, a member of the nation's space program, unveiled pictures of human footprints on the lunar surface that didn't belong to US Astronauts. The official stated that he had received the information from a reliable source and accused the Americans of concealing that information. The photos were dated from August 3, 1969 - two weeks after Armstrong and Aldrin stepped onto the surface of the Moon on July 20, 1969. Therefore, the materials of the lunar mission were studied and classified by NASA.

I'd love to get some links of footprints on the moon.

(for entertainment only)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I saw the three when given the coordinates but in all honesty it's difficult to see exactly what they are

link   

Researchers have calculated the ships will reach Earth at the end of 2012.

How convenient..But if they are already near Pluto why will it take so long.?
The nearest star is many lightyears away so it's safe to assume any alien craft would need to be very fast to get here in a resonable time..Atleast at or near lightspeed..

So why will it take another 2 years to get here???
Sounds like more rubbish to me..

link   
You would think that if this 'announcement' was real it would be all over the SETI website but alas, no mention there...so I call BS...

Oh and I do think this topic has been discussed before but I don't have the time to do a search for that thread, but I do recall reading something about three large objects.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It seems that Macedonia Greece does not like them very much. BTW they are based in the UK.

MINA "NEWS" Agency Misinforms Again

At first glance, maybe not such a credible source.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I agree ! It would seem strange for the objects to take so long getting here ?? Or perhaps they left a long time ago.

I think it´s Gas as someone suggested in another thread.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by watermama

I checked the SETI website and didn't find anything also.

As for this being already posted on ATS that thread is here: www.abovetopsecret.com... and it has been moved to the HOAX forum.....

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Pretty sure this "rumor" circulated a month or so ago, and there were images of three blue blob things out in space one of which looked phallic and they were claimed to be these "approaching alien vessels".

I assume whoever started that rumor not long ago got disappointed about it only being the top topic to talk about for 2 days, and has gone for a re-hash.

It's pretty obvious to me this statement is bollocks, no official word from anywhere, origin of the source is majority forums and no trustworthy news sites.

Edit. The person above ^ has found a link.
edit on 27-12-2010 by markymint because: more info

link   
reply to post by backinblack

So why will it take another 2 years to get here???
Sounds like more rubbish to me..

It's not fashionable to show up ahead of the party! You know that!

As for spaceships heading to earth? 3 no less?
Why not?
I'll go with - “Yeah, sure, you betch'a” and spruce up my 'WELCOME TO EARTH' sign.
Much better that than having them arrive and there’s me complaining ’Oh! But you should have called!’

peace

link   
I think that Macedonian website is HAARD up for hits.

This seems to be quite the trend of late...post some ET related story out of thin air or show a smudgy UFO pic and hope the cyber bait brings in the fish....or sheep.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I think its a hoax but if its not whos to say that they want to get here sooner maybe something is gonna happen at a certain time we know nothing about

Just thinking outside the box a little

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

2 years to get here from pluto yet they came from another galaxy? was the whole trip this pace or did they just decide to slow down after getting near by?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Nope..

Their is no scientific proof and no facts backing up this bullcrap story. Never heard of the website and I am under the impression, that this is a ploy perhaps for these webmasters of the website to get some traffic I guess.

Not to mention we have a few probes in our solar system, and I am sure if their were space ships out there coming to earth it would not take a rocket scientist to explain it and prove it.

WHo knows thou, but in order for me to tell my friends I heard space ships were coming to earth I need some more proof proving to me that their are space ships coming to earth. Not just someone telling me they are without a science project being presented.
Their was some crazy guy a few months ago going on about space ships coming to earth as well, and again 0 proof was presented yet we had to see the thread roll up and down the recent activity bar, then of course the thread turned into religion, trolls, and even site owner cameo appearances in the end their was still no proof and I think the op got humiliated.

edit on 27-12-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Zorgon usually weighs in on these stories when there is any good imaging resources to back them up. This sounds like just a rumor ATM.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by watermama

SETI was recently closed down, at least government funding was stopped. That's what I've garnered from the few sites I've looked at so far. I'm yet to look into that more.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
soo... i been drinking and probably shouldn't make this post, but how do you get these thread marked as hoax?

PS: This thread is like something out of macross which im gonna go watch now

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I personally, think this is interesting and intriguing. Let everyone say what they want, time will tell I suppose. You may have the last laugh.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I take this story with a couple of barrels of salt, but I dont think how long it would take them to get here is a valid argument against it not been true.

We wouldnt know what there technology is like? Maybe they could only travel through space at a similar speed to what we can and had to do some kind of worm hole jump out side of our solar system?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

I take this story with a couple of barrels of salt, but I dont think how long it would take them to get here is a valid argument against it not been true.

We wouldnt know what there technology is like? Maybe they could only travel through space at a similar speed to what we can and had to do some kind of worm hole jump out side of our solar system?

Or, maybe they're suppose to arrive here at a specific time for some reason. Maybe they are not suppose to be here until 2010

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join