It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 200th Post... What can i expect from ATS Chat???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This will be my 200th post on ATS and If i am correct in assuming, i will now be able to use the ATS chat applet.

What can i expect from this new addition to my ATS experience and how has it been so far for other ATS chatters?

Thanks and looking forward to real time discussions

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I LIVE in chat most of the time lol

There are lots of different convos that go on in chat.

It's fun

If you want you can make your own room and invite who you want and discuss your own topics. Or you can be in the main room and just join in on whatever topic is going on or bring up your own.

I have had more than one convo going on at the same time in there..

OOHHH you can also follow along with ATS Live/Euro/Unleashed! Those are the radio shows
and during the shows we are in chat discussing the topics.

Come say hi

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Great stuff and cheers for the heads up!!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

You remember the school yard when you were a kid? Well chat is a bit like that, see you in there, I'll be hanging with the cool kids smoking cigs behind the bike sheds

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
How do you find out how many posts you've had?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89f8cd78c3aa.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 27/12/2010 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Nothing much...

Just a few guys and galls chillin.

Basically it's like an episode of dr Phil all the time. You will love it

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Just got back from my first chat and i think i will be enjoying more visits.
Very welcoming and got topic discussion.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
How do you find out how many posts you've had?

you can click on "tools" and then "profile" and you should see it beside your stats on the left hand side

edit on 27-12-2010 by nakiannunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Thank you. I actually figured it out a couple of minutes after I posted this.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

Thank you. I actually figured it out a couple of minutes after I posted this.

really bites my butt to have 200 post here for chat options. I am not sure if this is for knowledge based conversations, but I think after reading 200 post in ATS (depending o nthe subject) people lose brain cells in droves.

Maybe a peewee chat for the newbies like myself? Once we graduate which version of 2012 we prefer a more grown up chat? sheesh, 200 post can be a painful experience, or maybe I should remove my refusal to post in ludicris topics and just start splurging in the "I am a alien, you are DOOMED! hahaha" threads more.....

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

The point is actually to keep some new members(Those who are inclined to disregard the T & C) from pissing people off in real time. No one wants ATS to turn into 4chan.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I understand the logic in that and I agree. Really, I agree. I also can relate to what Eavel is saying and find myself posting to places I might not otherwise post to just to build my "creds." Oh, but now I want it all, all the little stars and K points and stuff. I even got the evil idea I could build a lot of ATS brownie points by starting some thread on some controversial issue and take an unpopular stand with a lame justification for doing so and keep arguing for it. I see it happen all the time, intentionally or not. Being an ethical person I haven't gone to that level yet.

Some of the incentives seem to have a counter effect but with the numbers and diversity here it probably actually works to the good. Without the incentive of opening the doors I would probably spend more time reading and formulating better posts. As a Subject Matter Expert you are probably well aware of the conundrum. But then ATS is all about its members' contributions and keeping the dialog going, I guess.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Besides, this post was worth another point and another post toward opening the chat door even if no star was possible and may drop my averages and cost me a K point. A double-edged sword.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
As one of the "chat regulars" I can say that we have a pretty good time in there. Just stick with the T&C's and forgive some of our rants, and I think you'll fit in just fine.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Your complaining about 200 posts?

I got that in my first two days on ATS....

Ive been here two months and have 7x 200 posts..

200 is easy...

top topics

join