It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Auditory Phenominom Occurs in That Twilight Between Awake and Sleep?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I've had this happen plenty of times. Most the time when it happens I hear my name being called really loud as if something was standing or laying right next to me. Other times ill hear a family member or a strange voice just saying something weird, and it happened last night, I heard my sister say "If you dont like the way it's going, why dont you change it already?!" It was definitely odd.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I also often hear what sounds like a radio or someone talking in the next room, but more frequently I hear my name being called, and it's quite loud. Like someone standing in my bedroom doorway saying my name in a normal voice, or even yelling it. Very disconcerting. Funny thing is, sounds like it's my mother or father saying my name.

I had no idea other people experienced this also, nor that there was a name for it. I thought I was just crazy for hearing those things. Glad it's common enough to have a name for it.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

This has happened to me since I was a little girl. The sound of hearing someone say my name, or banging loudly and clearly wakes me up!
So for about 40 years...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I've experienced the same thing three or four times. I'm aware, i hear voices and the strangest part, also frightening i might add, is that i feel my mind and my body are disconnecting ! I feel that if i 'let go', i will disconnect completely from my body and that fear is what makes me 'fight' against it until i am fully awake again.
Does anyone know what happens if you just go with it? I always get the feeling that something is going to take my spirit/soul. Perhaps i've just read to many alien abduction stories ?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Wow I didn't realize so many people and myself have the same awake to dream sensations as I do. It cant be something in the water or air. Scientific explainations simply define the affects and not the cause. From my understanding we are all generally on the same level on this site. So then I would see it is indeed, each of us experiencing different realities through the veil. Because I generally like to have a siesta in the afternoons for about 20 minutes and I tend to have dreams of different realities where complete strangers to me are having a conversation about this that and other about topics I am not interested in at all and its like I am a fly on the wall listening in on them. Then I wake up to another reality...this one...lol

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I have experienced this strange auditory phemominom for years, and wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

Some nights, as I sit in bed reading or surfing the web, I find myself in that twilight between awake and asleep. In that in between state, I sometimes hear something like a radio, or voices. I cannot make them out, and as soon as I am aware I hear them POOF they are gone. Sometimes I can make out that if they are masculine sounding or feminine sounding.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

I find it good luck that I cam across this thread tonight. The last couple of weeks while watching television late at night (2-3 a.m.ish) I will get in that really sleepy state but fighting to stay awake (its when the good shows come on) and I will hear these muffled noises. They are not coming from anywhere in particular, sometimes they sound like speaking and other times its just noise. It could just be that I have been lacking sleep, but I still find it strange.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
... From my understanding we are all generally on the same level on this site. So then I would see it is indeed, each of us experiencing different realities through the veil. ...

Ignoring scientific investigation into this subject for the moment, and considering only my personal experience (which seems to be the popular way of doing things), I am overwhelmingly convinced that the content of dreams is generated entirely by the brain. I lucid dream nightly. While I am aware that I am dreaming, I can feel a feedback relationship between the activity of my conscious mind and the content of my dream. I can sense the way my thoughts affect the stream of dream content.

And if dreams are a view into another world, then that world has extremely low self consistency. There is of course the well-known observation that while in a dream, if you were to look at a clock, look away, and then look at it again, it will read a different time the second time than it did the first. It isn't just clocks, anything may fluctuate sometimes even while you are looking at it. I've seen wallpaper print change suddenly, clouds disappear, buildings suddenly warp or change color, in fact the whole entire dream world is subject to change at any variation in my state of wakefulness or stream of consciousness.

You of course may recall after the fact that a dream lacked consistency, or generally didn't make sense, but to notice it while it is happening requires a certain clarity of awareness. This usually occurs for me when nearing wakefulness. I think that this transitional stage actually contributes to the destabilization of the dream world's continuity because during this time the brain's resources are being re-purposed for wakeful consciousness, and therefore fewer resources are available for "(dream) world simulation". It isn't simply that I am torn or drawn away from the dream world, but that its very rules actually break down as my brain refocuses onto the task of wakefulness. Why should that happen if dreams are simply a glimpse into another reality? Answer: There's no reason to expect that it should.

////

P.S.: I thought Inception was a terrible film because it was so un-dream-like. Also, wth? Like gun fights are the scariest thing to encounter in dreams. Where's their imagination?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Am I the only one to ever suspect higher beings of some kind with some sort of dream technology, as if they can gather around and just watch you dreaming, while commenting on it, like some sort of dream doctor and his interns, and while you're lying in bed, they are able to see you, observe you, even "work" on you in some fashion or another, evaluate, analyze and either push you in one direction, or save you, and help you out, maybe even as if we are being both pushed and pulled by spiritual forces which are not purely a byproduct of our own unconsciousness or brainmind content, as if there really IS more going on than meets the eye.

That said, I managed to eliminate it, or reintegrate it or get to peace with it, but at one point some time ago, it was a real crisis, to the point that I was afraid of going to sleep at night.

..or am I the only one brave enough to talk about this?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I have experienced this strange auditory phemominom for years, and wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

Some nights, as I sit in bed reading or surfing the web, I find myself in that twilight between awake and asleep. In that in between state, I sometimes hear something like a radio, or voices. I cannot make them out, and as soon as I am aware I hear them POOF they are gone. Sometimes I can make out that if they are masculine sounding or feminine sounding.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

I have also experienced this and then made use of it.
-first off i learned that if you sleep with ear plugs you can hear better.
-also if your suffering from a issue the voices respond directly to that issue.
I meditate and cross into spirit and when im crossing over i hear the voices much more pronounced responding to the issues of my life.
So i noticed the voices were iether ego based responces, for example fear jelousy, anger.
i then noticed voices come from the innocence in the heart and come in the form of emotionless data information, truth, and such.
So i then decided to try to control the information by asking a specific question in meditation over and over.
Typically heres how it goes.
Ear plugs in i meditate, focus on my heart/innocnce/white light bring that to my brain then ask a specific question repeating it over and over chanting it all the while relaxing, and when you cross over boom your answer is relayed from the heart, in iether visions or visual writen text, or simple non emotional data respoonce from the heart.
I have learnt stuff about myself and the world i never thought possible. I have come to learn that the innocence in my heart is apart of god and god i have come to learn is nothing meaning a zero point niether good or bad we just take it and use this higher energy we are all apart of, least i see this for myself, and this higher self knows my past, as in past lives, future probable realities and can connect to any and all living entiteis in the mutliverse because spirit i have come to learn, there is no time or space in spirit and spirit is bigger than the ego in every way.
My only real problem was i had to deprogram myself from everything, everything i was taught in school was BS, Religions crap in my head, belief: a lie to the self, faith a lie to the self, all the lies i had to come to terms with and delete them all in my head, meditation helped alot.
my advice to anyone going to do this, keep a pad and paper by your bed.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
this happens to me alot. its usually an obscure phrase or someone calling my name. i dont like it one bit.
i stopped caring when i learnt it doesnt mean your going nuts. but still, its not a fun thing.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

YES! Very glad you posted this, I always thought I was a weirdo. Mine occur right as I am in the place between the consciousness of being awake and the subconsciousness of being asleep. I am always aware of it and sometimes snap out of it. There are sounds and conversations and music, but like you, I can never hear clearly. I also see images that don't exist in my waking life, things I have never seen before....so either I have a crazy imagination or....something else?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Sounds like classic OBE to me. I have similar experiences. Check out Adventures Beyond the Body by William Buhlman, also Secret of the Soul by same author. Very informative.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Its 100% paranormal. This happens to me all the time, and its always a spirit. Nothing to be too concerned about, they are all around us all the time- most people just cant see them

top topics

<< 1   >>

join