It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Auditory Phenominom Occurs in That Twilight Between Awake and Sleep?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have experienced this strange auditory phemominom for years, and wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

Some nights, as I sit in bed reading or surfing the web, I find myself in that twilight between awake and asleep. In that in between state, I sometimes hear something like a radio, or voices. I cannot make them out, and as soon as I am aware I hear them POOF they are gone. Sometimes I can make out that if they are masculine sounding or feminine sounding.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Yes, quite often in fact. Actually, about 15 mins ago I finished up a spirit walk and I am still hearing that sound combined with a low rumbling. It is maddening.

For me I always used the analogy of a party in the other room.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I have experienced this strange auditory phemominom for years, and wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

Some nights, as I sit in bed reading or surfing the web, I find myself in that twilight between awake and asleep. In that in between state, I sometimes hear something like a radio, or voices. I cannot make them out, and as soon as I am aware I hear them POOF they are gone. Sometimes I can make out that if they are masculine sounding or feminine sounding.

Sounds like this:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

yep, I get this aswell

I get most often someone saying my name, and you can hear it very clearly and loudly enough to knock you straight out of your near sleep state. I am inclined to think that this is something spiritual as I have had things which have happened to me after this started which make me draw this conclusion so it can't be bad

I just wish i wouldn't get so shocked straight away then maybe we'd hear more

I know what you mean about differentiating between the voices too, I used to have a very calming female voice say my name and now it is a male but this could be for many reasons if you are willing to explore the more spiritual side of things

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Auditory hallucination? Th point between sleep and awake and awake and sleep is a hypnotic state, hence the link above to hypnagogia. Hypnosis will fix it if its a problem or try the swish pattern of NLP 10 times but 99 per cent certain its a common auditory hallucination which is just a way of explaining a hypnotic phenomena.

Peace

As always consult a real doctor when appropriate.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
A bunch of people I know well and I all agree that it's merely us closer to the veil that divides our waking world from the para world/other side/ etc. We're hearing the actual voices from the other side/para world because we're not fully awake. It's one of the best times to make contact with those crossed over etc. I never experienced this phenomenom until I opened my third eye in 08.

It's an awesome thing that happens, even though science puts a 'name' on it and explains it away that way. It's all in the eye of the beholder after all; what one chooses to believe after all, IS correct.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Yeah sometimes I wake up because I hear my name being called by someone in my dream. It sounds so real that even after I wake up I'm not sure if it was real or not. I think our dreams seem so real because the brain makes it real...a scary thought is, what if 'real life' is actually just a dream, and we can't wake up. Maybe this explains God...maybe we are in God's dream...maybe we can only wake up if we believe in Jesus to save us from this 'dream world'...maybe heaven is really real, maybe that's why 99% of matter is empty space and as theoretical physicists often say nothing in our universe SHOULD work....but it does........ it's just a dream....

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I personally haven't opened my third eye directly but I am able to see spirit's now occasionally and auras occasionally as well, scared me to fook at first but i have realised that it is now a part of my experience so I might as well explore the possibility's and accept it. I take no offense if people were to say "you should probably see a doctor..." or something like that because once you have seen enough synchronicities and thing's yourself then you know what is true and what is false and by the sounds of things you'll know what I mean already anyway

It is a shame that science and spirituality cannot meet halfway because there would be so much to gain, all scientist's instantly become ridiculed for even attempting to do anything scispiritual it would seem!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Absolutely I have as well, during sleep onset, and sometimes, during a "night terror" or sudden awakening, as well as upon first waking in the morning. It was starting to bother me, and I felt like I was the object of their discussion maybe..

That's ok, as long as "they" are the "good guys" ya know? But how can a person be sure..? You can't. I suppose this is where a certain degree of faith might kick in, as it did for me, and I started thinking of powers and principalities, so to speak, even of a, ah, controversy, or conspiracy, involving everything from universal spiritual authority, to issues of ethics (how can this be allowed or permitted..?!), even of theft! - for who knows, since if there ARE any beings who watch (at any level, maybe even using some sort of dream technology), who are the "watchers" (re-read your Bible) just WTF they might be up to, or what "works" they might be performing, dramas enacting, consensuses (is that a word?) forming, etc. etc. for all I knew, I was caught up in a cosmic drama at some level, of which I could only dimly percieve - what a predicament!

So I started trying some things, in response, and it's largely worked for the most part. I tried certain prayers before bed, even asking to be placed in a "bubble" while sleeping, in effect vanishing from detection..

..to using brainwave entrainment, as a meditation and as a sleep induction tool (accessable in the work-in-progress Alchemy thread in my sig), to reading about Jungian Psychology, to Comparative Mythology (Campbell), to Modern Science, anything and everything I could get my hands on, to find peace, and what I now call the simplicity on the far side of complexity.

I've come to realize, in the end, that at some level, these are all aspects of our self, and any higher beings, who might be involved in some sort of controversy over this watching and talking aout us, routine - well they too are accountible, in the final analysis, to the truth, which is always made known, and at any time, the one true God's higher power glory is made manifest, even if we cannot see it - so I concluded that it would have to be worked out, and that the highest God of truth and love would win the day in the end,

and so now, I sleep wonderfully, better and better all the time.

And things get simpler again, and you almost start to feel like a kid again, refreshed, and revitalized, and ready to face the world as a new creation of sorts, with a clean slate and mind, that's still available, since anything at all can happen when we sleep, and when we pass into the Zero Point Field or the Akashic Field, and on waking in the morning, all things are new - before we go and reactivate the personality, that is..

History is fast passing away imho, as do the hovering watching ones, the closer we get to self realization, and I don't mean being perfectly good all the time neccessarily, just aware, which can be brought on with intense meditation practices, spiritual practices, philosophy and reason, selfless service, study, learning, etc etc., but before that happens, or while it's happening, I do think we come under ever increasing scrutiny, from above (go ahead call me crazy all you like), so what we're after then, is complete reintegration and Godrealization if we ever want to sleep like babies again.

That said, the only faint voice I hear now, are the fellow mind's of my ATS friends (YOU) enjoying a collective ah ha moment with me over something I'm writing or have written, and it often comes to me while I'm typing, as echoes of your mind. Seriously.

So maybe what the OP is detecting, is nothing but the minds of fellow ATS'rs!

I`ll shut up now.

edit on 25-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You are receiving something. It sounds nonsensical sometimes - I got this frequently in deep spontaneous meditation on the verge to sleep or on the verge to an OBE.
People receive stuff in mediumistic trance too. I find that difficult to concentrate on, but there is an artistic example of how it goes when it goes well in a 1949 movie, using the metaphor of a radio - literally channelling poetic words and numbers:
www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
With practice I have learned to listen to these voices without dispelling them. I am certain that they are a product of my brain. Mine are the voices of people I know, speaking of totally random things. Nothing said has any apparent connection to anything else said, and no significance worth noting. Although, much of what is said might have comic value as the non sequitur sometimes does.

edit on 25-12-2010 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

I know what you mean but this is something different, everyone gets the random chatter as they drift off to sleep but occasionally another voice or something come's through which speaks MUCH louder and clearer that the rest of the theta state and it happens in a very different way
edit on 25/12/2010 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yes,it happens to me quite frequently.

I get annoyed that I can't remember what they were saying when I am snapped alert by something.

The voices are very clear,sometimes sounding like a crowd,sometimes like a conversation between 2 or 3 people.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Started for me after deep meditation, but the dimensional veils are also thinning... rapidly.

I notice audio during waking hours. At night, or with low light, ethereal figures are thrown in the mix.

When we relax or go into meditation, our brainwaves slow from normal waking Beta to the Alpha state. This greatly enhances psychic receptivity.
edit on 25-12-2010 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Not so much auditory but I have noticed that for the last 6 months or so that whenever I enter that transitional state between awake and sleep that I can almost instantly go into a dream state
Like it doesn't matter where or when...I could simply be sitting at my desk at work at around 1pm (after lunch when that first wind dies down), lean back in my chair and give my eyes a rest from the monitors for a minute, close my eyes and BAM! immediately enter a dream like state where say for example I reach out for something in my dream, I will awaken startled with my hand outstretched
I have even began dreaming when say I am at a 60% awake and 40% asleep state (my best estimated judgment), and it is like my hand or leg or whatever will begin doing whatever the soon to enter dream is doing. My wife is the ONLY one I have ever admitted to having this "problem" to, and yes I find it to be somewhat scary and hope that it stops eventually. I have just notched it up to possibly work stress/lack of adequate sleep or something. But the thing that trips me out is that after serving 20+ years in the military, multiple combat tours (where going on 72 hours without sleep was the norm), I had NEVER had this happen. Now as a 39 year old retiree working as an Aerospace Systems Test Engineer (boring desk job essentially) I began experiencing THIS?!?!

Anyways just thought I would share. I hope you (the OP) finds answers to your auditory dilemma as I guess I can relate and know the level of "trippy-ness" that is associated.

NT

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kokatsi
You are receiving something. It sounds nonsensical sometimes - I got this frequently in deep spontaneous meditation on the verge to sleep or on the verge to an OBE.
People receive stuff in mediumistic trance too. I find that difficult to concentrate on, but there is an artistic example of how it goes when it goes well in a 1949 movie, using the metaphor of a radio - literally channelling poetic words and numbers:
www.youtube.com...#!
Yes, the radio is a wonderful analogy of the experience. I seem to be right on the verge of understanding then, almost everytime, I become aware and snap awake.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by constant_thought
reply to post by Tearman

I know what you mean but this is something different, everyone gets the random chatter as they drift off to sleep but occasionally another voice or something come's through which speaks MUCH louder and clearer that the rest of the theta state and it happens in a very different way
edit on 25/12/2010 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)
I know exactly what you mean. Usually when the stronger voice breaks through, I wake up.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

I too have experienced this "instant dream" state. usually I awake out of it and feel confused or fuzzy.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

hey tater

I have had this phenomena for as long as i can remember. I usually get nonsense conversation snippets, in the voices of people i am familiar with, but not always. if i hung out with them that day, my conversations are usually in their voices.

i also see sound, check out synesthesia on wiki.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
With practice I have learned to listen to these voices without dispelling them. I am certain that they are a product of my brain. Mine are the voices of people I know, speaking of totally random things. Nothing said has any apparent connection to anything else said, and no significance worth noting. Although, much of what is said might have comic value as the non sequitur sometimes does.

edit on 25-12-2010 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

agreed it doesnt make sense per say, but sometimes i get some really awesome random advice like a solution to a problem comes out in the midst of the random sentences im hearing in that state before sleep.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join