It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Of Men movie and the 2012 connection: Why Symbology in Movies ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I was watching Children Of Men (2006) movie, and accidentally my eye caught this:

Yes you are seeing it right, Clive Owen is wearing a shirt which is saying "DON 2012" with a fire symbol, yes it is a London 2012 Olympic shirt but note that the "LON" of London is missing, but why, because the director does not want to draw our attention towards London, he could have kept it in entirety and still could have given the shirt an old worn out look. you can check it by yourself it comes at 1:04:28 in the movie.

The above pic is from the movie street kings (2008), not about the Illuminati at all but you can clearly see an eye within a pyramid Illuminati symbol on that lamp in the left side, and of course if someone is not looking for these symbols will clearly miss.
I don't know whether 2012 really is doomsday or Illuminati exist but when i see stuff like this coming in movies made by well reputed directors than it really raises my belief in the things that we discuss here on ATS, there are all kind of Illuminati symbolism in movies, sometimes right in front of our eyes sometimes in the background, i wont say much and let you decide why they do this.

edit on 25-12-2010 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

LONDON 2012

Olympic flame.

Nothing to it my friend, the movie is set in the future, by wearing an old London 2012 shirt, which is the year the London olympics occur in reality, the wardrobe people feel clever.

Nice touch though.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thanks for posting. These little messages are always interesting. I look for them all the time in films. Directors are control freaks and carefully consider every element. I look forward to seeing the film.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Saw it...awesome film. The Olympic Tshirt adds a bit of realism
to the flick. Thanks for sharing this...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Okay he is wearing an old London 2012 Olympics shirt but why it has "LON" of London missing from it, it does not seems to me as faded out but deliberately removed, because director does not want to draw attention towards London but 2012.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

It's because those kind of shirts lose their designs due to the way the images are applied, they almost peel off. It's to enhance the imagination of a world in decay.

If Clive was rolling in a bentley and had a crisp shirt on people would notice something was off and destroy the realism the film was hoping to convey.

It's a nice touch, but not really foretelling anything.

You know how many people will be wearing 2012 shirts in London and perhaps the world following the olympics?

At least you're having a look though

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Why do people think major movie and t.v. producers "know the future and are inclined to drop subtle hints???
Hindsight is 20/20 if I go looking for something with the results preconceived in my mind I'm bound to find it.

"They know the future but aren't telling "Us" because there'd be a panic?"
So they let out subtle hints only a few "perceptive" people can pickup on????( does that make any sense? where's the incentive or reason?Whostosay these hints if they actually exist at all hint toward a real inevitable "truthful"( wrong word) event.

I believe there's something in the DSM IV about this kind of thinking...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
I believe there's something in the DSM IV about this kind of thinking...

Okay wise man I am suffering from severe mental disorders but can you tell me whats the reason for putting these Illuminati freemasonry symbolism in movies which are not related to them at all, it might cure me:
U Turn 1997

Street Kings 2008

Mad Max Thunder-dome

State of Play 2006

And there are 100s of more like this......

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Yes. All those little innuendo's are there on purpose. And yes, Hollyweird has its part in the overrall plan of the elitists. Just don't start making predictions based on them, and you'll be alright.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hello my friend, as again I find myself enjoying more of your views on particular subjects. We have much in common. I think that you may also enjoy Synchromysticism. Here a few sites I think you might enjoy.

Synchromysticism-

Synchromysticism is a study of coincidences, synchronicities, connections, esoterica, symbolism and possible hidden agendas in all aspects of reality. Everything's connected! Jake Kotze (The Blob) defines synchromysticism as: "The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance.

www.dedroidify.com...

thebravenewworldorder.blogspot.com...

Also I thread that I started based on these views. Loaded with video's.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Art imitates life. And symbolism in the movie industry is a part of that. The stars of Star Trek had symbols on their clothes, and remember the famous salute Dr Spock always gave? Both were made up. But they were used as symbolism on the show, imitating real life. We have always used symbolism in every culture. It is no wonder that it is frequently used in movies.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Yes agreed, all of that symbolism in the movies are based on the real things in life, they are the proof of occult secret societies and the Illuminati, all those directors are trying to show us something through their art. But this symbolism sometimes occur really fast between the scenes, so it makes me wonder whether it is really directed towards the audience or it is meant for them.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I agree. Maybe the directors come to ATS and see that many people look for these easter eggs or whatever they're called, and insert the images in the movie. Then we come to ATS and say that the simpsons know the future, and now we all have to see it for ourselves. This probably isn't the case, but I would do that just to see who's paying attention, and maybe gain a few more viewers because of it. I like to look for these too.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I don't look for symbols in movies since that is often the expression of a single person such as someone in wardrobe. Maybe they got bored with scraping after removing the first 3 letters and hoped that the boss wouldn't notice that they didn't finish the job.

Sometimes objects are in movies because money is paid out. Why do you think that actors hold potato chip bags and beer cans so that you can read the name of the product? Who knows. Maybe some of these items were seen in the films because money was paid for advertising?

I prefer to look for goofs in movies such as boom mikes or reflections of the crew in mirrors. Goofs are more interesting to me than advertising.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

They are there because a set designer chose each object and the props department procured it. and the dp lit it and wanted it shot. Could these masonic symbols play any part in the plots?

pointless rant deleted
edit on 7-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

top topics

join