It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vermont drafts food sovereignty resolution to protect health, food freedom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
"(NaturalNews) In response to the recent passage of "food safety" bills S. 510 and corresponding H.R. 2751, the Vermont Coalition for Food Sovereignty has drafted its own resolution called "The Vermont Resolution for Food Sovereignty." Crafted to declare and protect the food and health freedom rights of all Vermont citizens, the resolution is essentially a warning to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that it does not have jurisdiction over the food choices of the People of Vermont."

naturalnews.com...

www.vtcommons.org...

Way to go Vermont! Way to use the 10th amendment! Now, we gotta get all the states to do this. Some good news for a change.

Troy

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Thank you Vermont good to see them take this stand. I went up to Vermont and it was amazing so many health conscious and interesting people. It was a welcome change from the south.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Vermont:

I wonder if New Hampshire will adopt something like this. I've been thinking of moving there, buy maybe Vermont should be considered too

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

New Hampshire has some interesting things going on both Vermont and New Hampshire are beautiful states.
freestateproject.org...
freekeene.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
do you think that will really matter?
it seems the Nazis have taken over and our only future is in concentration camps or in the ovens

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

If this holds and is as the OP declares, good news and other states start getting its hands dirty, then it will matter, but if, people ignore this and in the end really dont give a damn, then it wont, ultimately, everything is in the hands of -"we the people"-, hopefully we use our hands in more constructive than destructive ways!

lets keep an eye on this...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I hope that Vermont does do what the article is referring to. And, I hope the other states do the same.

Someone made a comment to the effect of, "What difference does it make?" Do you want freedom or not? Do you understand how big of a "numbers game" advantage we have over the psychotic few that want total control? Why do you think there is such a push to drug us by Big Pharma? Why do you think there is such a big push to have poison pushers like Monsanto take over the food supply? It does appear that we are getting too large to control easily. I'm sure that terrifies the psychopaths that want control over us.

We can let people run over us, or we can take a stand. Thank you Vermont! As far as I'm concerned the Feds don't own us. Our government doesn't own us. Our Constitution is our guide. Our Federal tax dollars have been used to harm us, our money has been wasted, and we have gone into deep debt for things we never asked for, some taxes have gone to places that the American public hasn't a clue about, and I think that is just ridiculous.

I want an honest and effective government. I want our Constitution to be upheld. People with bad intentions do not deserve to have control over us. Corporations like Monsanto don't deserve to breath the same air as you and I do. They deserve the smell of a musty jail cell.

Let the awakening continue!

Troy

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think Vermont has the right idea. Wouldn't it be great to see this spread from state to state and start standing up to the feds and their corporate overseers? I think I have a new Christmas wish.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

The Free State Project is exactly what made me decide that I wanted to move to NH. It's just a matter of getting up there now- lining up work, a place to live etc.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

There's just one problem here: Who drafted this document? Where is it? There weren't any links to it at either link I clicked on.

It's likely not a pending house or senate resolution either, as the VT Legislature does not convene again until next month.

If anything, this is just more wishful thinking from the false secessionist movement (made up largely of NON-Vermonters).

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

No thanks. We have enough people mucking up things in Vermont.

Ditto on NH and that "Free State Project". Why can't people just get involved with the politics within their own states? Why do they need to move to other states just to realize their ideas?

The next thing you know, people will be demanding the creature comforts of the states they come from and that just means more sprawl, more big box stores and higher property taxes/housing prices.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well, this could a good way to make a statement to our increasingly oppressive, and oversized government.

We shouldn't have to put up with what our government has become. We were meant to be free, according to the constitution.

This might be a way to take back a Constitutional government. If all the states say we've had it, you don't control us anymore, then we could possibly re-establish a government that is sane.

They could develop and grow independent of all the other non-sense that the rest of the USA is going through. Re-establish American jobs and businesses, then extend this idea to other states. Perhaps this could be the start of rebuilding America. I didn't fully realize that these guys were talking about seceding, but, you know, it may be what we all need to do. This is essentially what we all want to do anyway, get away from the growing powers of the government. It's like, enough is enough, we aren't listening to you (Big Government) anymore.

Troy
edit on 25-12-2010 by cybertroy because: Needed to change what I said

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Because one person alone, can do nothing. A bunch of like minded people, together can get something done.

Your blanket judgement of my character is cute.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It strikes me that the closer political power is to "the people" the more responsive it will be to the needs of those people. So giving more decision making power to local and state governments would be a step in the right direction towards stopping the near absurd control the federal government wants over you on behalf of multi-national corps.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Reply to post by The Sword

I didn't stay in CT because it was uphill battle I wasn't going to win.

I fled to NH for NH. Any Massholes or CT transplants wishing for income taxes, sales taxes and their commercial crap that ruined MA and CT get punched in the face by me.

I did t come here to change anything. I came here to escape all of that crap and I won't forget it.

The one thin I'd support paying for is a massive wall on the Southen border to keep Massholes out.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
"(NaturalNews) In response to the recent passage of "food safety" bills S. 510 and corresponding H.R. 2751, the Vermont Coalition for Food Sovereignty has drafted its own resolution called "The Vermont Resolution for Food Sovereignty." Crafted to declare and protect the food and health freedom rights of all Vermont citizens, the resolution is essentially a warning to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that it does not have jurisdiction over the food choices of the People of Vermont."

naturalnews.com...

www.vtcommons.org...

Way to go Vermont! Way to use the 10th amendment! Now, we gotta get all the states to do this. Some good news for a change.

Troy

Yes, if you read the 10th Amendment.....it is up to WE THE PEOPLE to stop this madness.....WE have jurisdiction. The FDA and all other "government" organizations that WE did not individually or collectively vote on, ARE NULL AND VOID!! Just because we "elect" public officials into office does not surrender OUR rights nor does it give them permission to do things WE do not agree with wholeheartedly.

THIS and this alone is what people have lost sight of. My neighbor was running for public office and he too thought that he would have the jurisdiction of the people as a collective whole when he was voted in, I explained he DID NOT, that he was to go to his constituents and let them know what the deal was and how they felt about it. If a majority was in favor then he would vote yes, if not, then he would have to vote neh. He was shocked to learn that this is supposed to be the way it is. It is what the people want, not the politician.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Absolutely!! It is supposed to be, "We the people." Not, "Us the government." They can pass all the moronic unconstitutional laws they want, but we don't have to listen to it. "Talk to the hand."

If enough of us stood up, there isn't anything they could do about it. We outnumber you, and I know that terrifies you.

Freedom wasn't fought for so the government could take over like a dictatorship.

Troy

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Do it in your own state then.

Vermont is a model of what ALL states COULD be if the people wanted it bad enough.

You're more than welcome to visit but I'm just speaking from years of watching people move here and try to # it all up.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Also,

No one answered my question about this "resolution".

I have seen no legislative proof of it.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
don't tread on me

or my food

top topics

<<   2 >>

join