It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defence against the psychopath

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

do not put off that call!!!! The sooner the local LEO"S know, the better off she will be, i had a neighbor that was a FED LEO, BAU. do not take his actions litely.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The beginning worried me, since i identified with some of the aspects mentioned, but a bit relief was brought by mentioning not psychopaths may well display one or many of the mentioned aspects

In general that was a good clip, but i don't think it stresses enough the fact that psychopathy really is defined by the lack of human aspect in a person, which can manifest itself in many ways as explained thoroughly in the video.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Endorphines are real and people easily get addicted to them, just as with adrenaline. Naturally produced in the body bio-chem affecting not only the moment, but having a long term effect on the brain's makeup and output. But I'm glad you think my theory gibberish, it probably means I'm on to something.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

You have a very skewed understanding of human nature and seem to have develop quite a few paramorals.

The real difference between my reasoning and yours, is that you only wish to see the "happy" "good" things of the human while dismissing the "sad/angry" "bad" aspects of human nature. You are indulging yourself in a naive perception of the world around you.

I see no reason to continue discussing this topic with someone who is incapable of comprehending the difference between a selfless and selfish act.

That's not really it, as I clearly show I know what selflessness is. It just seems to me that you are attempting to save face while some person on the internet you have never met topples your naive beliefs.

You have revealed your true self right here in this forum.

Perhas I have. But you have too. You know what you are? You are a hypocrite. You like to claim the moral highground, the holy beacon of good and light. You like to subtley proclaim you are the sole beam of light in a valley of darkness, but you know what? All you do when you are challenged is insult the character of the person you are arguing with.

I reject your paramorality on the basis of my constitutional intuitions alone. Your false reasoning is against my very being.

You reject my "paramorality" because I toppled the pedestal of naivety and "moral greatness" that you sit upon. It seems to me that you are one of the narcissists displayed in the OP's video. Enjoy listening and reading your own words.

A person here, a seemingly very religious person (the complete opposite of me) told me something once. He/she said that most of the people on this forum use it to caress their egos while reading yet ignoring everything the other persons state against their argument. I can see it in effect, right now.
edit on 25-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by piercebitchone
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Very good informative post.Sadly there are many out there. I have worked for a few. I may become like one when I drink too much
S&F Thanks and Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you too.
My brain is like one, but luckily my hart is the boss.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Shut off video.

I'd say the information is terrible and all the allusions with pictures of devils and famous political figures kind of ruin it.

I shut it off after the funeral example.

Just terrible.

I see, but you see this, The majority does like it, so i can not shut down the video just for you.
Can i do something else to make you feel better

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I emulate people sometimes as i have a hard time with societal norms and why they are what they are. And if i need to, i can manipulate my way out of a situation (i.e. in trouble for being late to school). But i have a TON of empathy and it would be incredibly hard for me to willingly harm someone, even if i tried. And if i did manage to harm someone, i would feel a ton of remorse. Does that make me a psychopath?

edit on 26-12-2010 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I emulate people sometimes as i have a hard time with societal norms and why they are what they are. And if i need to, i can manipulate my way out of a situation (i.e. in trouble for being late to school). But i have a TON of empathy and it would be incredibly hard for me to willingly harm someone, even if i tried. And if i did manage to harm someone, i would feel a ton of remorse. Does that make me a psychopath?

edit on 26-12-2010 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

No you have the hart connection.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I wanted to reply to this thread sooner as it is one of the better threads on ATS right now. I've starred and flagged it.

Now, the argument is quite simple. A psychopath can be a mass murdering serial killer hunted down and exposed for his terrible crimes against innocent human beings. A psychopath can also be the leader of a nation that takes it to war leaving behind him in his wake a terrible destruction costing the lives of tens of thousands. Mostl likely, if seen to be on the 'winning' side, this psychopath will get away with his crime.

However you look at it, the psychopath will lie, cheat, distort and manipulate his or her way at every turn and cares NOTHING for others.

We, as a society, go after paedophiles, criminals, murderers and so on, all of whom exhibit the traits of psychopathology. Yet we do nothing to prevent these same people rising to positions of power within organisations, companies, the legal system, the military, and government. It is quite simple. Pass a law to ensure that all those seeking positions of power are subject to a test to determine psychopathology. If they are found to be a psychopath, then they should be disbarred.

Until we as a species deal with the enemy among us, we are doomed to the fate that has befallen us time and again through history.

I have been victim several times in my life to psychopathic individuals so I know them well. They are the real and most present danger I believe threatening us above all others. Our enemy lies amongst us and is truly staring us in the face.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thank you for your reply - your right I should call. She told me today he has rang her phone 40 times in 24 hours and she is afraid he will come around again. I ask her to get a restraining order but she says the problem with that is when he gets out of jail for coming around her he would be more angry than ever. I will call the city police there in the morning.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Good information mixed with significant biases. I wonder if people recognize the manipulative psychopathology of the video itself.

It has more fnords than a subgenius / Eris tract.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
My daughter is married to a psychopath - they are separated but he comes around once in a while. She said he came by last night and just out of no where bloodied her face. He was talking nasty to her daughter and groped her daughters breast. She is afraid of him and changed the locks on her door but he is a con (there is a rumor that he killed someone in his lifetime - his own daughter said this in front of everyone 2 years ago). I fear for her life as I live in another state - if I hear of this again I am going to call law enforcement in her state and have them look into matters. He has this way of coming on really nice at first and complimenting everyone and then out of no where just gets crazy. I took care of this jerk for a year when he was recovering from Cancer and had a stem cell transplant. He was fine with me until he got well and then he started in on me. I moved and warned the family to be careful around him.

If you know of someone thats like this please take care - very dangerous!

They need to move.

Continuing to live is more important than any other consideration.

Many psychopaths are somewhat lazy. He may try to continue to engage them after moving, but removal to another area and time will cause his attention to wander. There are closer, easier morsels.

Don't feed the beast and it'll go look for food somewhere else.

Your daughter and granddaughter should move right away. He is escalating, and your daughter doesn't - from your description - have the right personality to sheer him off without provoking his need to subdue her to his will. Lacking that, moving without leaving him a way of finding her for a while, is her quickest and safest option.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Dec 15, 2001, he telephoned on his way home to say that because of the heavy snowstorm the timing would be off, so let’s go out for dinner. Fine!
At the restaurant he said if I ordered a second glass of wine, he would walk out on me. He had his beer and I had one glass of wine before we ordered. When we ordered he asked for another beer, but I was ‘not allowed’ another wine. I accepted the second glass, he shoved back his chair, threw down a $20 and walked out leaving me on my own. What? Nuts!
I ate my dinner and took my time, called a taxi and the driver took me to the rear of the house where there was a boardwalk leading to the ramp in. It was covered with snow, as was my car which we passed on the way, but the driver ploughed me through it and up to the door.
I went in and noticed first off that the Christmas decorations were gone from the fireplace. I was wiping the wheels of my chair, and finally reached the door to the living room and there he was, drinking a beer and “smoking in the house”. I asked what was going on, as I approached the fireplace to see everything neatly arranged on the hearth and he ‘lost it’. He said I had ruined Christmas!
He flung a toss (Aha! That’s where the name came from!) pillow at a big plant on the coffee table under the front window and sheared all the stems and leaves, then picked up the container and dumped all the earth on the carpet (I had watered that day, so was slightly muddy!) No point in stopping him, so I backed up and watched as he threw his portable phone at the stone fireplace. Shattered! Pulled off his wristwatch and threw it at the fireplace. Shattered! Picked up his beer, took another slug and upended it onto the carpet, then ground out a cigarette in the puddle. He pulled off his turtleneck sweater and ripped it to shreds, then his T-shirt and ripped it to shreds, the went for the wall hangings and broke over his knee all the ones his grandfather had done by hand.
I still said and did nothing. I sat in front of my computer which was to the right of the fireplace and he came toward me with a look in his eyes that meant me and /or my computer. I stared him down and he backed off. I asked him if he were finished and he threw himself onto the sofa, sobbing! I readied for bed, taking my time, then went for him and he was like a little boy needing a mother, as I took his hand and led him to bed, no longer dangerous.
I did no cleanup. The next morning it was all up to him to do, which he did and then said he was going to sell everything , go live under a bridge, then eventually climb up and jump off it. I told him to make sure the bridge was a high one.
Such a snowfall! The next day, after that, he said if I gave him my car keys he would back my car out and clean it off for me. My ! My! How nice!. A first! But why have to back it out?
I was at my computer when he came in and told me that my car was damaged. I was shocked. I went out and it was dented from stem to stern including the roof, but he had already called the police and was making up a story about who it likely was. Immediately I knew he had done that on the Friday evening after leaving the restaurant, then the continuing snowfall covered it up for those next 2 days. $1500.00 damage. He saw to it that my car was completely fixed, and I didn’t even have to pay the deductible. Yep had to be him! I was going to be out of there as soon as I found a decent place to live. He admired my finished car day after day after day and it was June/02 before I found an apartment.

We’re over and done and I know how many times he was in jail and the worst was a drunken car race when he was young, hitting a VW beetle and killing the 15 year old driver.

What he did, at the beginning when we met, was like hold up a mirror on his chest, facing me, and what I saw and heard was him, in agreement with my thoughts and interests, a person in tune with me, the two of us a matched set, never more than slight disagreements, and those were fixed in a moment.
But the mask cannot stay in place forever. It slips. It cracks. Those who are informed would have seen through him. I didn’t. I was an innocent about Narcissistic Psychopathy and to try to explain this to someone who has not experienced it, is like trying to define all the colours to a person blind from birth.

The above was only one of many incidents, after his mask slipped, but trying to leave is another matter. it takes careful planning!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70
Dec 15, 2001, he telephoned on his way home to say that because of the heavy snowstorm the timing would be off, so let’s go out for dinner. Fine!
At the restaurant he said if I ordered a second glass of wine, he would walk out on me. He had his beer and I had one glass of wine before we ordered. When we ordered he asked for another beer, but I was ‘not allowed’ another wine. I accepted the second glass, he shoved back his chair, threw down a $20 and walked out leaving me on my own. What? Nuts!
I ate my dinner and took my time, called a taxi and the driver took me to the rear of the house where there was a boardwalk leading to the ramp in. It was covered with snow, as was my car which we passed on the way, but the driver ploughed me through it and up to the door.
I went in and noticed first off that the Christmas decorations were gone from the fireplace. I was wiping the wheels of my chair, and finally reached the door to the living room and there he was, drinking a beer and “smoking in the house”. I asked what was going on, as I approached the fireplace to see everything neatly arranged on the hearth and he ‘lost it’. He said I had ruined Christmas!
He flung a toss (Aha! That’s where the name came from!) pillow at a big plant on the coffee table under the front window and sheared all the stems and leaves, then picked up the container and dumped all the earth on the carpet (I had watered that day, so was slightly muddy!) No point in stopping him, so I backed up and watched as he threw his portable phone at the stone fireplace. Shattered! Pulled off his wristwatch and threw it at the fireplace. Shattered! Picked up his beer, took another slug and upended it onto the carpet, then ground out a cigarette in the puddle. He pulled off his turtleneck sweater and ripped it to shreds, then his T-shirt and ripped it to shreds, the went for the wall hangings and broke over his knee all the ones his grandfather had done by hand.
I still said and did nothing. I sat in front of my computer which was to the right of the fireplace and he came toward me with a look in his eyes that meant me and /or my computer. I stared him down and he backed off. I asked him if he were finished and he threw himself onto the sofa, sobbing! I readied for bed, taking my time, then went for him and he was like a little boy needing a mother, as I took his hand and led him to bed, no longer dangerous.
I did no cleanup. The next morning it was all up to him to do, which he did and then said he was going to sell everything , go live under a bridge, then eventually climb up and jump off it. I told him to make sure the bridge was a high one.
Such a snowfall! The next day, after that, he said if I gave him my car keys he would back my car out and clean it off for me. My ! My! How nice!. A first! But why have to back it out?
I was at my computer when he came in and told me that my car was damaged. I was shocked. I went out and it was dented from stem to stern including the roof, but he had already called the police and was making up a story about who it likely was. Immediately I knew he had done that on the Friday evening after leaving the restaurant, then the continuing snowfall covered it up for those next 2 days. $1500.00 damage. He saw to it that my car was completely fixed, and I didn’t even have to pay the deductible. Yep had to be him! I was going to be out of there as soon as I found a decent place to live. He admired my finished car day after day after day and it was June/02 before I found an apartment.

We’re over and done and I know how many times he was in jail and the worst was a drunken car race when he was young, hitting a VW beetle and killing the 15 year old driver.

What he did, at the beginning when we met, was like hold up a mirror on his chest, facing me, and what I saw and heard was him, in agreement with my thoughts and interests, a person in tune with me, the two of us a matched set, never more than slight disagreements, and those were fixed in a moment.
But the mask cannot stay in place forever. It slips. It cracks. Those who are informed would have seen through him. I didn’t. I was an innocent about Narcissistic Psychopathy and to try to explain this to someone who has not experienced it, is like trying to define all the colours to a person blind from birth.

The above was only one of many incidents, after his mask slipped, but trying to leave is another matter. it takes careful planning!

My ex girlfriend was exact the same. Stupid me stayed for more then 2.5years with her.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Here's a little more on what's included.

Defense Against the Psychopath is a documentary excerpted from chapter one of my book; The Art of Urban Survival. Teaches people how to recognize and defend against our society’s most dangerous predators, psychopaths.

Part One teaches how to recognize psychopaths by their Key Character traits.

Part Two describes the different psychopathic archetypes that inhabit different levels of society.

Part Three teaches how to recognize the psychopath’s typical Modus Operandi and how to deal with the psychopaths you will inevitably encounter in life.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

No not surprising. I often encounter dead silence when discussing this topic. As mentioned in the video, most people are unprepared and unwilling to face this type of evil.

But for those people that learn even a little about the nature of psychopaths in our society their chances of survival improve.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

I broke up the video into three parts on youtube for those with dial up.

part one here:www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I couldn't agree more. Our culture has been so poisoned by psychopathic family values (the me generation, rampant materialism etc.) that all of us are conditioned to be more narcissistic.

But the good news is that if you think you might be a psychopath then you are probably not one. True psychopaths know exactly what they are.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

I was joking about the psychopath part

I understand what you have said, and for the most part I agree with, but you can't exclude certain individuals from the "human" race merely because they exhibit the most primal human desires. There is no scale of "good" and "bad" in a universal sense either, everyones moral perceptions differ even in the slightest. What is good for you, may be bad for me. Having said that, I believe every human being exhibits psychopathic traits to certain extents.

I can see many people on this forum itself, from atheists to the religious, from the cynics to the spiritual, from the alien believers to the skeptics; who exhibit very obvious psychopathic traits. The only people I have met that failed to express obvious psychopathic traits(in the "real world") were very non-argumentative for the most part, very naive, and very emotionally sensitive. This is weak. Yes, I am not sympathising with the true psychopath, but this is weak in a world where the majority exhibit psychopathic tendencies.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

It seems to me that with thought placed on evolution, that this is a pure desire for self-gain and propagation of their own individual genes. The most obvious purpose for human life without all the spiritual assumptions.

Excellent points all. At the end of section One I caution that many (most?) people will have some of these characteristics without necessarily making them psychopaths. When I first began researching this subject I almost thought hat I too would qualify as a psychopath. But what I saw as selfishness in myself paled in comparison to the inner workings of true psychopaths.

The capacity for producing misery and destruction is way beyond what even the most selfish and self centered 'average' person is capable of.

Thanks for raising some important observations!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
I have to disagree... you will always encounter people that have these traits... everyone has them.

I think he's generalizing quite a bit... Being human lies within such a huge spectrum, its not possible to generalize a definition of what is human and what is not.

Yes I agree, I generalized . This video was intended as a brief introduction for people who wouldn't normally read books on psychology, and then only to supply the information for personal self defense.

I taught self defense for many years but in my entire life I have never had to use my martial arts on anyone. I have been victimized more times than I can count. The perpetrators were not street thugs or muggers, they were the psychopaths in suits.

So the video is meant to work on two levels, to warn people of the low level psychopaths that make up robbers, rapists, wife beaters etc, but also the psychopaths that lie countries into waging war and generally exploiting the people for their own amusements.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join