It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defence against the psychopath

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Know your people, to know how to play the game of life. Because you are up against maniacs.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
After this. I understand both my ex girlfriends more. So it wasn't me. Yes yes.
Maybe I'm being bit narcissistic

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Most informative - thank you.
I was once married to a narcissist so found the info a chilling reminder.
By watching this video, people will be forewarned and maybe will not suffer as I did.

(Star and flag)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

A little more info? over half an hour for an unknown is way too much to ask.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

can you give me more info before I invest half an hour into watching it?

I've already read 'The Psychopath's Bible' by Christopher Hyatt so I just want to know if it would re-hash things I already know or not...

so what's this doco's take on it?

-B.M

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

A little more info? over half an hour for an unknown is way too much to ask.

The title says the intention of the video, otherwise I would have changed the title. `How to cope with psychopaths.´´
The video contains behavioural patterns of mentally ill people, with different kind of mental illnesses.
How to recognize them, and often people in power are psychopaths.

If you want a story about a life of a girl that was born and raised by psychopaths watch this, maybe this is more revealing for some

[yvid]
][/yvid]

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
How come almost nobody commenting? This is interesting, it involves You/Me and everybody.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I 'm very interested just don't have the time right now
I will get back to this thread after I watch the videos!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
I 'm very interested just don't have the time right now
I will get back to this thread after I watch the videos!!

I will be waiting for your comments, have fun watching

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hey! I flagged this thread. I am giving your video a chance here. I am still not finished with it, however it is very interesting and informative. I love the random clips of Government officials when something negative is being said. Good job, I had not seen anything similar to this on the net anywhere else. I'll write a few more lines when its done.

Side Note to Self: I seriously need to stop using the word I so many times, its a barrier in my writing. Each of my sentences on this post starts with I, incredible.
edit on 24-12-2010 by drkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
Hey! I flagged this thread. I am giving your video a chance here. I am still not finished with it, however it is very interesting and informative. I love the random clips of Government officials when something negative is being said. Good job, I had not seen anything similar to this on the net anywhere else. I'll write a few more lines when its done.

Side Note to Self: I seriously need to stop using the word I so many times, its a barrier in my writing. Each of my sentences on this post starts with I, incredible.

Lets promote this treat, its important to know the mind of our opposite..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It depends what item of fruit the psychopath attacks you with.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid

And about the use of I. dont bother. If you feel its to much I in your comments, make some comment about other users.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sorry OP, that's too long a vid for my PAYG connection.
There is (or at least used to be) a test for psychopathy in the prison system, used to separate the most potentially dangerous inmates, it goes something like this:

This is a story about a girl. While at the funeral of her own mother, she met a guy whom she did not know. She thought this guy was amazing, so much the dream guy that she was searching for that she fell in love with him immediately. However, she never asked for his name or number and afterward could not find anyone who knew who he was. A few days later the girl killed her own sister. Question: Why did she kill her sister? First, find your own answer to this question. Then, check out below for the answer. Answer: She reasoned that if the guy appeared at her mother's funeral, then he might appear at another family funeral. If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath. This was a test by a famous American psychologist used to test if one has the same mentality as a killer. Many arrested serial killers took part in this test and answered correctly.

credit: www.naute.com/

We ALL have either come across one or know one! Scary thought huh?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Good stuff. Interesting how they include so many different psychological terms under the label of a psychopath. According to this, I'm likely a borderline cerebral narcissistic psychopath. Well, to be honest though the vast majority of us in western nations have a degree of secondary psychopathy in us. The social systems have run too long without revolution, and the scum of humanity reached high positions of influence long ago. It has since infected us with their values to a large extent. This is the reason sane people see mass insanity everywhere. It's because it truly is out there.

edit on 24-12-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is a good thread and topic.

The more aware we are of the psychopaths around us, the better chances we have to defend ourselves from their attacks.

I will be sharing this with others, in hopes that it will enlighten and prepare them for the daily reality we must all face in this lunatic world.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Good stuff. Interesting how they include so many different psychological terms under the label of a psychopath. According to this, I'm likely a borderline cerebral narcissistic psychopath. Well, to be honest though the vast majority of us in western nations have a degree of secondary psychopathy in us. The social systems have run too long without revolution, and the scum of humanity reached high positions of influence long ago. It has since infected us with their values to a large extent. This is the reason sane people see mass insanity everywhere. It's because it truly is out there.

You are the first person here to raise the point that there are different kinds of psychopath - differing degrees of pathology and technically (ask a professional to confirm this) there is no such thing as a 'mentally healthy' mind - only different degrees of pathology.

That prison test - for a split second I wondered about a possible connection between the sister and the mystery guy - then I concluded that the girl was a violent psychopath which accounts for both the romantic encounter at her mothers funeral and the follow up murder of sister. Grim stuff.

That still only ascertains a violent psychopath.
I'm more scared of the psychopaths in office than on the street.

EDIT: just started watching the video - It's pretty good

-B.M

P.S) in the spirit of dealing with potential conflicts -
Invaluable book explaining conversation dynamics & manipulation
edit on 24/12/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/12/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

I think the more complete line of thought is that there is varying degrees of mental health and mental sickness within every individual. Psychologists tend to focus more on the sickness than the health, but we must look to our instincts and reasoning capacities to help us define what it is to be in a healthy state of mind.

It is my understanding that moral character is what stabilizes a mind in a healthy state of being. Taking into consideration my first paragraph, it would follow that nobody's moral character is complete and total, rather it is an ongoing ideal process in which we continuously evolve our understandings of what is best for human nature and adjust our actions accordingly.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

That question IS quite logical though. If the unknown man visited for her mothers funeral, there is a high percent chance that he would visit for the sisters funeral.

I am a psychopath. I'm coming to get you.

reply to post by unityemissions

A psychopath focuses purely on self-gain. Moral character is just there to make sure you do "good" for others. So therefore, having moral character will not give you a "healthy" state of mind. There is no right or wrong in psychopathy, just pure self-gain uninhibited by emotion.

According to the description, over half the world can be classified as carrying a psychopathic trait. From soldiers, to military leaders, to political leaders, to your parents (they hit you to "teach" you when young, so you are not an annoyance) to your boss, etc.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
A psychopath focuses purely on self-gain. Moral character is just there to make sure you do "good" for others. So therefore, having moral character will not give you a "healthy" state of mind. There is no right or wrong in psychopathy, just pure self-gain.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Well, I do agree that you're a psychopath.

The thing is that essential psychopathy is a bit incompatible with what I was mentioning. There is no scale of good and bad with you guys...it's all wicked. It's only applicable to the 95%+ of our species which are true human beings. You are people, but more vicious animal than anything which truly represents humanity. You can't even comprehend the point of humanity. It just seems foolish and naive, a form of control, and type of sedation we give each other as a means to deny "how we truly are".

I can comprehend you guys well because I have taken your mindset into myself at moments of my life. I empathize with even that which is incapable of truly caring for others. Why? Because I seek to know and understand this world for how and why it is in such a state of peril. It's only by comprehending the most sick and caring for them, that we can conquer that which seeks to destroy our very essence..our humanity.

You guys do serve vital positions for humanity at the end of our great cycles in society/civilization. You keep us on our feet, and allow us to see our own evil, conquering it by taking in yours first. Without your individual evils which eventually cause complete chaos, humanity would become so unfit via our own evils, sloth, laziness, etc...that the dysgenic effect would eventually cause our own demise. The balancing act of creation is all around, whether you can see it or not. Consciously or not, you progress our species as much as the next. We each play our parts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join