It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Joins U.S in Curbing north Korea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com

Administration officials said the Chinese government had embraced an American plan to press the North to reconcile with the South after its deadly attacks on a South Korean island and a warship. The United States believes the Chinese also worked successfully to curb North Korea’s belligerent behavior.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well China and the USA seem to be on the same page now! Thank god (if their is one of course).
For a while there i thought things were gonna get tense over diagreements with China, But it all seems to have cooled down now.
I understand from this news that China and The USA are now collaborating with each other in an attempt to ease the current tensions in Korea.
And i honestly thought life was gonna get a bit spicy'er for a moment

www.nytimes.com

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Well my friend you must have missed all the excitement when the wiki leaks were out about how China REALLY felt about North Korea. They said they wouldn't mind a unified Korea under Southern control. Considering they have more in common with South Korea now than the North. There are some threads around. good reading.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yeah, the people running China are not idiots, therefore they can recognize that the person running N. Korea is an idiot, and they gotta know that his fat kid will be the obvious King of Idiots. I mean, how annoying is that family anyway? Who wants to deal with that? China certainly isn't going to help them in any way. Kim Jung il is a fat, spoiled, childish, dying egomaniac, and is about to turn everything over to the same thing that will likely live for another 55 years or so.

North Korea is, and has been for some time, one big cry for help.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Strange, I thought I read in the news the other day that China and Russia were doing joint drills to discourage the US and SK drills.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by salty_wagyu
Strange, I thought I read in the news the other day that China and Russia were doing joint drills to discourage the US and SK drills.

That's how many here at ATS love to spin it. They'll come out of the woodwork soon.

edit on 23-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

www.nytimes.com

Administration officials said the Chinese government had embraced an American plan to press the North to reconcile with the South after its deadly attacks on a South Korean island and a warship. The United States believes the Chinese also worked successfully to curb North Korea’s belligerent behavior.

Some facts to clarify whether this news is important or not:

The war between N-Korea:South Korea-US is still on going because there is no peace treaty.

We still don't know the details of the "(American plan) to press the North to reconcile with the South".

I'm hoping more detail would come forward.

Just because it is called a US plan, doesn't mean China hasn't added its own clause in it, to support N-Korea's stance, and N-Korea's side of the story.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Unless there is a threat of war or gloom and doom many threads die here at ATS.

Wikileaks release 'shows China thinking on Korea' - Road to war with no way out
Wikileaks cables: China 'frustrated' by North Korea

Officials in China have expressed frustration with communist ally North Korea, according to leaked classified US diplomatic cables.

Pyongyang was behaving like a "spoiled child", a Chinese foreign ministry official is quoted as having said in 2009, in cables released by Wikileaks.

Officials reportedly told South Korean counterparts that Beijing placed little value on the North as a buffer state.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here is another. Notice how they got hardly any attention just like this thread might not either.

Wikileaks reveals plans for North Korean collapse

BEIJING – Leaked U.S. diplomatic cables show China's frustration with communist ally North Korea and speculate Beijing would accept a future Korean peninsula unified under South Korean rule, according to the documents released by whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks. The memos indicate the major importance American and South Korean diplomats place on China's attitude toward the future survival of the isolated and impoverished hard-line communist regime in Pyongyang.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Good I have friends teaching over in South Korea and I myself was thinking about going over to teach in SOKO.
The north needs to be restrained The South Koreans have got a great culture I would hate to see them go to war.
Seoul is a cool city and thats where my friends are. I would hate to see Seoul shelled.
War is the last thing I would want too see on the peninsula.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Here is another. Notice how they got hardly any attention just like this thread might not either.

Wikileaks reveals plans for North Korean collapse

BEIJING – Leaked U.S. diplomatic cables show China's frustration with communist ally North Korea and speculate Beijing would accept a future Korean peninsula unified under South Korean rule, according to the documents released by whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks. The memos indicate the major importance American and South Korean diplomats place on China's attitude toward the future survival of the isolated and impoverished hard-line communist regime in Pyongyang.

It might be all part of the war game strategies.

There are more scenarios which is as probably as the above Wikileak cable.

The whole Wikileaks could be part of US war strategy.
What would be the objective? To cause paranoia and increase suspicions towards China (the only powerful N-Korean ally).

The Chinese frustration over N-Korea could be Chinese war strategy.
What would be the objective? To catch the enemy by surprise, if US thinks there is a rift between the North and China, then US will expect an attack to be less probable.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Well my friend you must have missed all the excitement when the wiki leaks were out about how China REALLY felt about North Korea. They said they wouldn't mind a unified Korea under Southern control. Considering they have more in common with South Korea now than the North. There are some threads around. good reading.

thats not how the other people in higher power view it, if south and america attacks north, north korea is a doorway to china and russia.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kakadudless

Yeah and that Cheetos we found attached to the bottom of the Seat Cushion was pretty suspicious if you ask me.
Higher ups were the ones who were talking.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Getting rid of the north would be the best thing for China . It would all but remove the US from the south and would leave the door wide open for china to become the south's / unified Korea's best friend as China would be one of the major money lenders .

A world without NK would directly benefit China and there growing market . It would also mean a timed withdraw of US forces from the south . How could China not want that ?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

All fine and dany except for the fact the Notyh has torqued the South of to no end. While the North is reigned in, the South is planning for the next minor incident from the North to open up a can of whoop ass. I think that is why China is signing on to our plan, as they are seeing that even the slightest provocation by the North is going to result in a war that the people of South Korea are demanding.

China is looking at the mass migration of people from north korea to china in the event of hostilities. Its one thing to ship them food and fuel oil from across the bordrer. Its quite another to have the masses flood into thier province.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I agree 100%. I think N Korea needs to be removed, and will eventually. To do so means war, even if we had S Korea, China and the U.S. N Korea wouldn't stand a chance, but either way war would be raged. Although, with our combined forces we could probably wipe them out fairly quickly. When we have crazy, naive leaders and countries such as N Korea, to attain peace on this Earth they must not exist. When I see that fat kid who is supposed to take over, I can tell he's just going to be more trouble. Yet, like I said, if N korea was looking down the barrels of China, the U.S and S Korea, they would know deep down they stand no chance. I believe that needs to happen. Having a peaceful Korean peninsula would make things much better considering the conditions we have currently.
edit on 23-12-2010 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The US would probably prefer a military conflict in which it would supply the muscle and the airpower to deliver it.
This would result in a huge profit margine for US arms companies.As SK runs on US weaponry.The SKs may actually win but there would be a lot of Korean casualties on both sides.
If you ask me a low yield EMP weapon is the very strongest card the north has to play...and that is a maybe not for sure....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I am just confused , you know that now it is the South Korea that keeps exercising ,it is them that don't want to reconcile with the North. Maybe it should be US that curb its friend to stop exercise...

top topics

join