It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality, The Pope calls Pedophilia a Perversion..., and is Not acceptable

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

ADDRESS OF HIS HOLINESS BENEDICT XVI ON THE OCCASION OF CHRISTMAS GREETINGS TO THE ROMAN CURIA

www.vatican.va

paedophilia was theorized as something fully in conformity with man and even with children. This, however, was part of a fundamental perversion... It was maintained – even within the realm of Catholic theology – that there is no such thing as evil in itself or good in itself. There is only a “better than” and a “worse than”. Nothing is good or bad in itself. Everything depends on the circumstances and on the end in view. Anything can be good or also bad, depending upon purposes and circumstances. Morality is replaced by a calculus of consequences, and in the process it ceases to ex
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-12-2010 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well, finally, the real story. The Pope condemns pedophilia by calling it a "fundamental perversion". His speech even states that Pope John Paul was against the "theories" of better than and worse than, or "Anything can be good or also bad, depending upon purposes and circumstances"
Don't believe me, go read it yourself. Here is the Vatican website.
www.vatican.va...

www.vatican.va
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Im having a Deja Vu...

This is the same thing that happens with Ahmadinejad's speeches too, lost in translation.
But always with a purpose behind the mistake.
edit on 23/12/10 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
First off, OP change your title from all caps to normal please, that hurt my eyes, and its against the rules.

Peadophillia is wrong, no matter what religeon you are, and if I'm reading that right the pope is agreeing with that right? If so, then good, it needs addressed in the catholic church and good on him for speaking out against it.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Rules also state that the Thread Title should be as the original Article presents it.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU

Rules also state that the Thread Title should be as the original Article presents it.

I was just about to state that when the moderator, Semperfortis replied to me about my disagreement with him moving my thread to the conspiracy forum.
This speech came from the Pope and was released through the Vatican's website as news.
I followed the rules.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

All caps are against the rules (as far as i'm aware), regardless of how the original headline has it, it makes for awkward reading on the recent post list amongst other reasons, I was just trying to help the OP, not trying to insult or offend, and if I'm wrong I apologise.

edit on 23/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It's plain to read that the Pope calls pedophilia a perversion. If people took the time and read his speech, they would see that he is against this disgusting trend.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Seriously?

The pope just figured this out?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Why would you a trust a man that states "Condoms are worse than aids"?

This man is awful,

www.bbc.co.uk...

If God existed, and the metaphysical claims of Hell were true, this man would be going straight there.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

I thought he said condom use was acceptable in cases of HIV and other life threatening STi's, in fact I'm certain he did.

EDIT: Yeah, he did:

Pope condones condom use in exceptional cases - book
edit on 24/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yeah he's had to do a good olde U-turn as he realises that he's losing followers.

He hasn't apologised for his statement though "Condoms are worse than aids"

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Well, yeah, you have to pay for condoms

EDIT: sorry
edit on 24/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I stopped ;istening to these old relics years ago. They have nothing to say.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

No apologies needed. Besides, the NHS give out free condoms.

Peace

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The point is that a few days ago, I saw a thread that distorted the meaning of what the Pope actually said! I was sadly, not surprised - there seems to be a lot of hatred of Christianity here...
Vicky

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

I'm not surprised either.

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Another thread that Violater starts and then bails on?

Seems to me, that evil human being that calls himself the pope doeesnt have TOO big an issue with pedophilia....

www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

or maybe he just believes in a good ol' Hitler Youth style upbringing....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I know that religious truth is not as popular as fiction, but these are the facts.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Another thread that Violater starts and then bails on?

Seems to me, that evil human being that calls himself the pope doeesnt have TOO big an issue with pedophilia....

www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

or maybe he just believes in a good ol' Hitler Youth style upbringing....

I am not a Catholic (disclaimer), but I find myself reading a book by the current Pope (sent to me as a Christmas present by my beloved in Italy).
I wish you would read this book, although I suspect you'd rather die. You'd certainly rather believe a few news articles than the man himself!
He did not have a Hitler Youth up-bringing, and your sneer to that effect amounts to defamation. In the 1980s, I studied German history and culture at the University of Auckland. The lecturers on that course included a (very old) man whose father had been a member of the Weimar Government which preceded that of Hitler.
Any teen had to join the Hitler Youth. There were 2 other choices - flee (as my lecturer and his parents did) or die. Benedict XVI was one of those unable to flee - and what 12 year old wants to die?
Get real, you nasty libellous little man...
Vicky

top topics

<<   2 >>

join