It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange News; "help me" on woman's body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is an odd story, i feel the woman might have done it herself, but who knows...just seems very strange, perhaps she was suffering from a mental illness or maybe even something more sinister was chasing her when she crashed.

Police investigating traffic accident find ''Help Me'' carved on dead woman's stomach
Miami police are investigating an unusual traffic fatality in North Bay Village that tied-up westbound traffic on the 79th Street Causeway for several hours Tuesday morning.

The 9:15 a.m. accident involved Desiree Lee Campasano, 36, of Miami Beach, who was riding a silver motorscooter across the causeway when witnesses said she appeared to lose control of her bike, then smashed into the pavement.

She was not wearing a helmet and was pronounced dead on the scene.

Arriving rescue workers found something unusual on the victim's body. The words: ''HELP ME'' were carved into her stomach, said Miami Police Lt. Bill Schwartz.

Police said it appears the words were recently carved possibly with a razor or a small sharp knife. It's unknown whether the woman carved the letterings herself or if someone else did, and what role, if any, they played in the accident.

Relatives have told police Campasano had a history of emotional problems. The death remains unclassified. Police said they do not believe the accident was a suicide.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
She probably just cut it into herself before hand, since she did have a series of emotional problems.

One of those "Cutters" that the news always babbles about.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
i figured as much....but this just sounds like it straight out of Dean Koontz novel or something.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It's unknown whether the woman carved the letterings herself or if someone else did

It depends on which angle the words were carved. If they are 'upside down' when looking at the woman standing, then its more likely than not that they were self-inflicted. If sideways, forensics need to find out if she was right or left handed. If 'right way up' then its more likely that they were done by someone else since most people with mental problems are unlikely to be able to do something that needs such concentration. (Like writing backwards).

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My friend has HELP ME carved into her arm...but she hasnt crashed without ahelmet yet. Does that sound sadistic? Kinda, yeah, but I meant it in all sincerity.

I'd say it was either suicide, or a fortunate accident on her part.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
i wonder if she was pregnant.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Anyone seen The Exorcist? "Help Me" appears on Regan's body before the exorcism.

top topics

join