It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police raid wrong house, gun pulled on 13-year-old child

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Point 1) Police may not have a legal obligation or ability to directly protect those not in their custody, but they have a conceptual duty to do so.

Point 2) They seek not only to protect their families by keeping them directly safe, but by keeping the world safe for them. It's a never-ending battle -- there will always be criminals, there will always be monsters. But to get some of those monsters off of the streets -- that makes the world better. They cannot keep their families home 24/7, and they cannot give their ten-year-old son a gun to bring to school in case his teacher's a pedophile, they cannot give their fourteen-year-old daughter a gun to take on an afternoon at the downtown mall with her girlfriends in case there is a rapist hanging out behind the mall.

Point 3) Of course some of them -- perhaps even a lot of them -- are drawn by the power. Why does that make you think that all of them are? Are all soldiers in the army because they want to shoot people? Are all doctors only in it for the money that they can make? What do you do for a living -- I'm sure I could use your logic to explain exactly why you're one of the worst people to walk the earth.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Sure they did, I bet they beat you with batons also.

They followed you for 5 years

just waiting pull to you over when you were just driving down the road...

Because cops have nothing better to do but pick on you right?

How convenient it must be now to use that story anytime you can.
edit on 23-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Don't they have to knock on your door. Then hand the home owner a
search warrant? I hate, to see any cops in hand with a Glock.
Since when can you kick down a home owners door, then hand him
a search warrant. They need to go back to school.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Declaration of Independence

Pay close attention to the part that reads: "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism"

Do we have evidence of such a design being implemented? I think we can confidently say yes. SO, what is the next step? I tell you that I will not allow myself or others to be crushed under the boot of tyrants. I prefer to change things peacefully in the footsteps of MLK and Gandhi, but TPTB should not delude themselves into believing that, if forced, the people will not defend themselves; violently if necessary.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. — JFK

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

I'm a bartender at a high end place.

I am in it for the money and the girls, both of which are in abundance.

Tax free cash baby!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Ha! You beat me to the moral-questioning of you. I salute you, sir.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yeah I really don't get how they manage to find 10 weed plants lost somewhere 5miles in the wood... YET there's a pill pusher that sell X and methamphetamine at -->3

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The cop was just doing his job, unless he was the one heading the investigation. My first impression of her was that she looked older than 13 and she did come out behind a closed bed room door. When you are going into a house to arrest a possibly armed and dangerous bad guy, you have no idea what, who or mindset is on the other side of the door, you are making life deciding split second decisions, it doesn't make for a casual environment until the area is secured beyond doubt of any threat. The cop was just following proper protocol for a raid, he did assess the situation, level of threat and didn't pull the trigger. The one that screwed up was the Chief ,Sgt, Judge issuing the search warrant for the raid on what was obviously poor intel info.
This has happened a few times just in my small community. One instance, cops raid house, secured the dad in the lvng rm, went into a back rm that had two kids playing vid games and held them at point with assault rifles. Oops, wrong house. I wonder if they were playing C.O.D?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

I know it's hard to comprehend.

But all you have to do to fire a gun is pull the trigger.

That means a 13 year old child can be a threat. Not only a threat, but a feasible threat.

And children that age are used as child soldiers all the time in Africa.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Now let's look at this logically. What if the perp WAS at that house terrorizing the family. He could have been in another room. Not going in armed may have been deadly for the cops, then the family. I know this is ATS and there's a lack of respect for the police here but c'mon, think about this.

So, according to your logic, that would make this a hostage situation? Based on an anonymous tip?

And the proper response to an anonymous hostage situation tip is to get a warrant,
then send all of two detectives, armed with their service weapons, to go knocking on the door,
in the hopes of being let in by the hostage takers?

C'mon, you can do better than that!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The unlucky family and the innocent boy... I think the police should make an apology for the whole family for disturbing and scaring them .

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

Ha! You beat me to the moral-questioning of you. I salute you, sir.

Morals are subjective.

Yours are different than mine, but neither one of us is qualified to deem the others morals "wrong".

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Of course. That is why I pointed out in a previous post that this 13-year-old did not have a gun. This is a pig that needs to be fired.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lafaso870
The unlucky family and the innocent boy... I think the police should make an apology for the whole family for disturbing and scaring them .

This girl and her family should get a lot more than an apology. I wish them much luck with their inevitable lawsuit.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
Nothing new.

4 or 5 years ago cops raided a house I was in, looking for a couple guys who hadn't lived there in weeks.

Came in with guns, red laser sights, full task force armor, screaming, kicking doors down. And what did they find? Me, a 15 year old, and a 10 year old, who I was watching over.

Made us lay down, stepped on us, handcuffed us for a couple hours while they ransacked the house - even after we told them the people they are looking for don't live here. They tore apart furniture, dumped drawers out, the mess took the entire night and entire next day to clean.

They confiscated a baseball cap that said "Police" on it that the 10 year old had.

Then they pulled me over when I tried to leave after I helped clean the place up, and continued pulling me over and searching me and my car for weeks on end whenever they saw me.

So in short, yeah, I can believe this story.
edit on 23-12-2010 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

Its ok to just disagree with what the cops did in this situation
you dont have to make up stories haha jesus man what the hell..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

Originally posted by Xiamara
Everyone makes mistakes, cops are humans too. it's protocol to have a gun, and to use it when raiding a house. I'm sure the cops were all expecting a criminal, and so coming face to face with a child shocked them honest mistake, and I'm sure they will apologize and pay for the damage. Christ be nice to a cop, they are humans and people too and they are good people for the most part.

Haha what planet are you from?

Good people for the most part eh? Good people dont hide the crimes of their fellow officers. Good people dont violate the Constitutionally protected rights of an allegedly free people.

Cops are not good people, nor do they deserve an ounce of respect.

The only good cop is a dead one.

I would say your last sentence of this post is more than enough for me to deem your morals poor. I'm going to school to be a, guess what, cop. I'm not power hungry. I'm not a criminal. I am a good father, who loves his family and community. I hope to work in a missing persons unit to help bring people's kids and loved ones home. I'm sure my family and friends would be thrilled if I were killed in the future, because I was doing my job, trying to help someone, because after all, the only good cop is a dead one. Possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard/read.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
there are so many racist morons on this site, there wont be many to side with the family and quickly take the side of the crooked police department. pshhh!!

sad world we live in. s&f for you good job.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
turns out they raided several houses by mistake before they hit the 13 year olds

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mathoryn
Its ok to just disagree with what the cops did in this situation
you dont have to make up stories haha jesus man what the hell..

the story is serious for the record.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Maybe some people need to raid these cops house with guns drawn and let them see what it is to be on the wrong end of a gun. Let say about 20 heavily armed men bust in to the house in the middle of the night and drag his naked ass out in the yard for his neighbors to see and they say "Sorry, we got the wrong house"

I seen a movie once where so dumb cops raided a FBI safe house by mistake. The FBI turned them and their cop cars to scrap when they opened up on them with machine guns. Maybe that needs to happen for real.

I can not believe this is happening and do so as often it is. What in the world is the people going to have to do to stop this type of thing. Maybe when a few hundred people raid a police dept and drag them out in the street and stomp a mud hole in there back side they will get the message. The police need to understand something here. There is going to be a point when people are going to shoot fire and ask questions later when the even see cop. The cops will start to have to travel in packs like wild dogs for protection. A trip the the donut shop will take a 20 man SWAT team to make sure the make it back alive. You cops are just going to make it worse on your selfs when the camel's back breaks if you do not stop and think about what you are doing. Just look at what you have become. Do you want a war in the streets? That is what you have to look forward to if you do not stop this mess.

I have said my peace. I will speak no more on this matter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join