It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police raid wrong house, gun pulled on 13-year-old child

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Police raid wrong house, gun pulled on 13-year-old child

www.fox59.com

An Indianapolis family is outraged after they say two detectives with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department rushed into their home and pointed guns at their children while they searched for a wanted man.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The family is very lucky that no one was hurt here. It's unbelievable that mistakes of this magnitude can be made. Don't they even stake out a house before a raid? We are coming into a time when events of this nature will start to end very, very badly...and maybe not for the innocent citizens! What a terrible trauma to experience, particularly around the holidays...

www.fox59.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
They would of had one looking back at them I was that 13 year old.

Mistakes happen though nothing is perfect..

I sure wouldn't be a cop going/raiding a house without a gun drawn either that would be suicide.
edit on 23-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I probably should highlight that after the police barged into the house, guns drawn, one pointed his weapon quite deliberately at the 13-year-old girl.

"He said go into the living room right now and he had a gun like this to me, so I just started walking and I said, 'Sir, please don't shoot me,' " said Thompson.

"He had his gun on her, on her and he already knows she's only 13 years old, that's a child. There's got to be some median, whatever their policy is, it needs to change," said Reynolds.

That officer needs to be fired, IMO, and this whole procedure reviewed. What if the kid was younger and started to run away or toward its parents or screamed?

edit on 23-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
God, how stupid can you get, raiding the wrong house? Just for that the officer should be fired. And then terrorizing an entire family... ugh.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Good thing they didn't raid my house...my sons would have opened fire. When the 4th is infringed, shoot now , ask questions later.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Sometimes i get the wrong mail.... Thats understandable

I dont get my door bashed in by the city police, and have guns waved in my face. that is NOT understandable

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Nor is it acceptable.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
All its gonna take, is the wrong house to get raided, and the home owners be prepared.....open fire...cop deaths....law suit....rulings found infringed on the 4th.....police dept sued...home owners win......towns folk put home owners on their shoulder for standing ground....case closed~

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Everyone makes mistakes, cops are humans too. it's protocol to have a gun, and to use it when raiding a house. I'm sure the cops were all expecting a criminal, and so coming face to face with a child shocked them honest mistake, and I'm sure they will apologize and pay for the damage. Christ be nice to a cop, they are humans and people too and they are good people for the most part.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I will be watching this one - I sincerely hope there is some disciplinary action taken against these gung-ho terrorists. They are NOT what cops are supposed to be. Man, this angers me.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

No there not! They are power hungry individuals whom are instruments of the elite...who follow suit with extortion of the American people.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
A child with a gun pointed at them is going to be terrified. If she had ran or screamed then she could have very well have been killed. I understand they were executing a search warrant but I agree with the father in this case when he says the policy towards children should be changed..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
Everyone makes mistakes, cops are humans too. it's protocol to have a gun, and to use it when raiding a house. I'm sure the cops were all expecting a criminal, and so coming face to face with a child shocked them honest mistake, and I'm sure they will apologize and pay for the damage. Christ be nice to a cop, they are humans and people too and they are good people for the most part.

Haha what planet are you from?

Good people for the most part eh? Good people dont hide the crimes of their fellow officers. Good people dont violate the Constitutionally protected rights of an allegedly free people.

Cops are not good people, nor do they deserve an ounce of respect.

The only good cop is a dead one.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
They are probably dirty cops with evidence leaning toward a coc aine drug ring being run out of the basement of this house and wanted a warrant to search the house for a man, when they were looking to get rich selling and doing lines in their police cruiser. Good cops...ha.....I still would like to see one because I know I will never meet one. Let's put the patrol out catching speeding drivers instead of finding the heroine ring killing our youth....Come on

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Wern't you in another thread professing your desire to prosecute Julian Assange by hanging?

Cool story bro, so at 13 - you would have pulled a gun on a police officer? Cool story too.
edit on 23/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Don't they even stake out a house before a raid? We are coming into a time when events of this nature will start to end very, very badly...and maybe not for the innocent citizens!

This isn't the beginning of this, it's been going on for decades. Anonymous tip, or informant tip, no stake out, sometimes wrong address, sometimes right address but bad tip.

We used to have a name for it: Murder by Police Don't like some one, pick the crime most likely to bring deadly force, make an anonymous call accusing said person of said heinous crime, sit back while the cops take him out.

I understand that many of the night-time raids by US forces in Afghanistan are just this kind of thing, Killing of enemy by American military.

edit on 23-12-2010 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

To stay on topic and avoid your trolling (not to mention your ATS Points: -92 for being a troll)

At 13 someone busting in my house, yes they would be shot..

Sorry, I was never taught to *LAY DOWN AND TAKE IT*.
edit on 23-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

I live on planet earth, and I know cops personally and yeah they are good people. I live in Canada and yeah there are a few bad ones but in general they are good people, who just want to help make the world a better place. The media is the ones that shoves them in bad light, you say deny ignorance but some how I see it when it comes to cops.

My neighbor when I was a kid was one and I know I felt a lot safer, when there was an armed robbery out side my house he helped and I knew If i ever was in trouble I could run over to their house and I would be safe.

I acknowledge there are bad cops but I know there are a lot of good ones. Deny ignorance and realize hey they too can be good people.

link   
reply to post by thecinic

Cool story.

2nd line.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 12/23/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join