It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mrs. Obama's Separate Hawaii Travel Likely Costs at Least $63,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Mrs. Obama's Separate Hawaii Travel Likely Costs at Least $63,000

www.whitehousedossier.com

The decision by First Lady Michelle Obama to leave on schedule for her two-week Hawaii vacation and not wait a few days for her delayed husband will probably cost taxpayers more than $63,000 in additional expenses, according to a White House Dossier analysis.Mrs. Obama’s decision to go without the president forced her to take a separate plane, meaning two flights instead of one were needed to ferry the First Family to their vacation destination. Unless for some reason her plane was headed to Hawaii anyway, her trip involves substantial additional costs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
WoW, yet another vacation? What is it, the 8th or 9th vacation in a year. They are really livin it up on our dime. Wonder if the watermelon is fresher there or something?

Sad to see that our tax dollars are being spent for the " cush " life style they enjoy, while the rest of us have a hard time buying groceries.

www.whitehousedossier.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Considering the literal billions in theft perpetrated on the tax payers by banks and government, this doesn't really bother me. It's stressful when you're the first lady of a failure of a President so these vacations don't phase me and I'm sure all the security needed would cost around this much. So this doesn't bother me and it seems kind of petty to bring up. And despite my white hot hatred of Obama I got to give him credit, at least he hasn't been sitting in some #ing ranch in Texas the seemingly majority of the time.
edit on 22-12-2010 by JoeMaine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeMaine

Petty that 63k of tax payers money is being needlessly spent? Especially on a trip that could be done with one plane, and one security staff had she just waited?

Recent reports claimed Michelle is planning to spend a whopping $2m in the coming year.

The president’s advisers hit the roof recently when they found out Michelle was arranging other ex­otic trips in the new year with girlfriends — on top of sprucing up their White House living quarters and her plans to do some redecorating at their home back in Chicago,” a source said. “They’ve estimated that all the spending will top more than $2 million.

What was that you were saying?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I said it's petty to bitch about $63,000 out of the White House's yearly travel budget attacking the First Lady going on vacation when there's literally billions being stolen from American tax payers. Do you have trouble with reading comprehension?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Do you have any actual sources on any of this?
The article you linked to ASSUMES the cost of the trip based on guesses about what they do NOT know.
Have anything else?
Obviously this is very very important and I would like to see all the FACTS, please.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeMaine

Considering the literal billions in theft perpetrated on the tax payers by banks and government, this doesn't really bother me. It's stressful when you're the first lady of a failure of a President so these vacations don't phase me and I'm sure all the security needed would cost around this much. So this doesn't bother me and it seems kind of petty to bring up. And despite my white hot hatred of Obama I got to give him credit, at least he has been sitting in some #ing ranch in Texas the seemingly majority of the time.
edit on 22-12-2010 by JoeMaine because: (no reason given)

Doesn't bother you that $63,000.00 is for someone to just carry her bags!
Really?
So in order for it to bother you, the theft has to be in the Billions?
Really?
Really!
I was financially better off with the Texas lier sitting in his Texas ranch. Yes he did take away some of our constitutional rights, and that is unforgivable! And this current regime is not just the crooked same, but worse!
Really!
Another flippin vacation

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

The president’s advisers hit the roof recently when they found out Michelle was arranging other ex­otic trips in the new year with girlfriends — on top of sprucing up their White House living quarters and her plans to do some redecorating at their home back in Chicago,” a source said.

“They’ve estimated that all the spending will top more than $2 million.
source: www.showbizspy.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeMaine

I read just find, but I think you don't understand the concept of wasteful spending?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

The president’s advisers hit the roof recently when they found out Michelle was arranging other ex­otic trips in the new year with girlfriends — on top of sprucing up their White House living quarters and her plans to do some redecorating at their home back in Chicago,” a source said.

What source? Do you have trouble with reading comprehension?

“They’ve estimated that all the spending will top more than $2 million.

Like I said, they assumed based on guesses and then I asked for a source with some facts. Is any of this getting through? HELLO? IS THIS THING ON?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

No troll I don't? But you obviously don't know how to read. So i will make it easy for you. Two different sources that suggest wasteful spending on Michelle Obama's part are right here :

source: www.whitehousedossier.com

The first source showing the wasteful spending of 63k..on a trip that could wait till Obama takes her lazy ass.
Secondly, the next sources shows the planned wasteful spending.

What part of this concept don't you understand? You can read can't you? Should I translate this post into spanish?

Here's another article where the fat lady...er i mean first lady came under fire for a trip to spain.

You can read this article can't you?

source: news.yahoo.com...

If your unable to conjure up a constructive thought and read the sources I provided for you, im sure you can find re-runs of oprah.Cant you come up with a phrase rather than copying Joemaine's comments?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
63K after (after taxes) is probably the amount the average american makes in 3 years.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
In January 2009, before the president signed his failed $787 billion stimulus bill into law, Barack Obama lectured America saying, “Everyone must sacrifice for the greater good… Everyone must have some skin in the game.”

Yeah, right!
Everyone except the Obama's (queue the outrage from the obamabots in 3..2..1..)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You know whats really disgusting I actually read the headline and thought to myself for a minute, 63k thats cheap!!! I guess when you get used to seeing these trips costing a lot more it makes you pause for a moment. But back to reality here yeah more money that she could have stayed home and givin to some poor families and made a christmas they would never forget.
as usual.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

No troll I don't? But you obviously don't know how to read. So i will make it easy for you. Two different sources that suggest wasteful spending on Michelle Obama's part are right here :

I am a troll for asking for at least one source with one fact? I did read your links and all I see are people speculating completely and that is it. How does asking for something real make me a troll?

Let me just skip all your angry ranting and try this again.

Gosh golly gee, this seems like a really big deal. I looked at your sources and all I saw were some vague guesses by some people I have no reason to trust and an unnamed source as a quoter. Could you kindly provide me with something that actually shows what this trip really is costing and how they actually got the real numbers?

PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Watermelon, fat lady, and the failed spain trip lie again. My hopes are high for this to be about government waste in spending and not just some anti Obama thread.

My mistake for thinking this was going to be about real money we really wasted. Carry on.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The cost sounds very conservative. I hope she has a wonderful time and will return refreshed. I am sure the White House can be a stressful place to live. I wonder if she will get past TSA without a nudie blast or a pat down?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This is probably from the same people who thought that the Asia trip cost 200 million a day and (what was it?) 10% of the navy.

Because the article has absolutely no sources to prove their numbers. I'll speculate myself

I believe the President and First Ladies trip to Hawaii for Christmas vacation will cost taxpayers far less than what is stated in the article, most of the cost will be paid for by the President and First Lady as they aren't poor, however, there will be security that must accompany the first family so that part will come out of the tax payer funds.

But hey, It's as reliable as your article.

I suspect that this will balloon upwards from here. Probably reach some ridiculous number by January 1.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
If these assholes, the Obamas, actually gave a damn that their vacations were coming off of the american tax payer they would be paying for it our of their own pocket. This is yet one more example, (one that started with Bush) of the american tax payer being used for the benefit of one family. # the Obamas, what a joke of POTUS he makes, and what a terrible example of a First Lady. # the Obamas. These people are going to break our countries back. AND THEIR GONNA DO IT WHILE VACATIONING IN HAWAII.... PLAYING GOLF AND DRINKING MARTINIS.

# THE OBAMAS.
edit on 23-12-2010 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join