It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe everything you see on TV?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It seems a great majority on this board are what I would consider "aware". I won't dare say awake, cause until we experience some kind of singularity or something in where we understand utter and complete truth with out any falsehood, then we never are truly awake (IMHO). That preachy BS part being said, I'd like to continue with my post.

I understand that media is for the most part controlled and skewed to deliver a bias view and/or content. I guess it is to keep us in line and guide us in a direction that would best suit "them". News outlets and media expect us to trust them with the delivery of accurate reporting, when in fact we are weary and don't usually accept it at face value.

So to answer my own question, "No, I do not believe everything I see on TV". It is for the most part a programming tool and I always seem to look for more than what they deliver. But that has become quite difficult lately. Youtube is cluttered with misinformation and the credibility of bloggers usually seems very questionable.

I personally feel books would be the ideal learning tool for information, especially alternative topics such as "UFO's", "Politics", "Secret Societies", "Health", "Military Projects" etc. etc. The topics we enjoy here on ATS.

I would like to invite you guys to submit YOUR reliable sources. Preferably books (that's what I am most interested in). I would think that it would be the best way to pass information rather than some condensed out of context video. The more info the better. Try and include, Subject Title and Author. All subjects and media are welcome. I'd love to promote better knowledge and truth on this site. It helps us all in the end.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don't like when OP's set rules, because this is a place of discussion. However, I STRONGLY encourage members to please try not to slam, challenge or put down excessively. If you like a members recommendation or have read it, may I suggest starring it. This can give viewers a quick glance at something they feel worthy. I'm not setting rules, I'm just making friendly suggestions for future searching and less clutter.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have a friend who is in adverts, and also in english films.

After seeing him on screen i understand how easy it is to throw your mind right into whats really going on! (film plot/ ad product)

there is some really sneaky tricks that are being used to grip our feeble mindsssssssssss.

bless

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

A good place to start is "Morning of the Magicians" by Pauwels and Bergier

Everything by Jim Marrs

And even the fiction by Robert Anton Wilson

TV...........what's that

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Do I believe everything I see on TV?

No, I haven't really believed anything since Billy Mays died.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I don't believe anything I see on television.

I don't believe anything I see on the internet .

And I do not believe one word I read on forums particularly ATS.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

I would love if an ATS member can provide a source of some kind that deals with optics, artifacts etc in pictures and video. I have seen digital artifacts that have been called everything from "U.F.O's" to "disappearing wings" to "Nibiru" to "Shape Shifting" and so on. I think if we are to collectively analyze data, we should know a little more about the medium being used and it's properties. Anyone have any suggestions? Not sure if this is what OP had in mind, but it made me think of this.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thanks for the recommendations. This will be put on my list of interests.

new topics

top topics

join