It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People died because of their affiliation with Wikileaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

People died because of their affiliation with Wikileaks

www.wikileaksforum.net

People have died because of their affiliation with secrets website WikiLeaks, according to founder Julian Assange.

In a little-noticed interview with BBC's John Humphrys, Assange claimed that WikiLeaks is not just facing financial and legal attacks. People associated with the website have actually been assassinated, he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.rawstory.com

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well it seems a little cryptic and it is a shame the interviewer never followed up on this, becuase if true seems like a gem.
Whom could he be refering too? People in the past have leaked information to him. Maybe he means them or does he mean people that work for him....
Either way I wouldnt ay it is the safest organiation to work for. He seems real good at peeing off people in power...

www.wikileaksforum.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think my BS meter just shot up past 100 Courics ... a new record for these kinds of things.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Tis best to take note and wait till more evidence comes out before making a finite judgement...

kx

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
my biggest question here is
could this remark from Assange
mean an actual death or could he
mean that their credibility or
reputation has been assassinated?
Pity, this was not followed up on
with subsequent questions.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It's possible, but for different reasons. Since there are a lot of dubious details about Wikileaks, it feels more like a front, or a set up. They had to set up the site and have some legitimate people submit legitimate details. Some were published, but what if some documents that were submitted were really damning to some entity?

If we are to believe that Wikileaks is a gov't agency front, then it's possible that such documents were never published, and that their submitters were, ahem, removed.

All the submissions that happened before Bradley Manning are probably on record somewhere and the identities of the submitters were investigated/are known.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Wikileaks, Assange, and the wikileaks fanboys, are a bunch of drama queens.

I highly doubt anybody died because of their affiliation with wikileaks.

If you were to make the argument with credible information, it would be more believable.

It is probally safer to say people have died because of the wikileaks information being released.

The wikileaks psyop operation is designed to curtail our freedoms abroad and online.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Whether they are honest, real, a CIA front, drama queens, or whatever, it does not change the fact that they are making available information that we would not have received anyways.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

If you were to make the argument with credible information, it would be more believable.

It is probally safer to say people have died because of the wikileaks information being released.

Making an argument with credible information is important...yes.. so maybe you should before stating off the wall comments like:

The wikileaks psyop operation is designed to curtail our freedoms abroad and online.

evidently you walk the walk but you cannot talk the talk....

as for evidence what i supplied came from a bbc interview with assange and we can only speculate because facts are missing.. I was not attempting to provide an argument there is not enough evidence for that.

share your love not your pain...

kx

edit on 21-12-2010 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I highly doubt anybody died because of their affiliation with wikileaks.

sure its all drama, nobody gets assassinated, thats hollywood stuff

the best way to hit wikileaks activities is to assassinate some members ... the others will just give up in fear

I watched a documentary and a journalist associated with wikileaks gets death threats for him and his family every day ...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A new theory just occurred to me.

We've all heard about the 'fishyness' of WL and people behind the scenes (now forgive me if somebody has already raised this point) but perhaps WL and Assange are working with the U.S and other governments providing an 'anonymous' method of leaking information for government/military employees etc. when in fact they are just identifying "traitors" within the ranks?

Hmmmm seems to make a lot of sense- no evidence or suggestive articles here just my mind at work

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The worst that can happen, is that Wikileaks pros are telling BS.

This happens in this thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well if it did happen it wouldn't be
front page news .."if it was done right!"

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well, it is possible that there are organisations pissy enough to call for some geek pushing for transparency of government to have his clogs popped,

OR

Assange feels he's losing the public vote and has to add an edge of danger to keep their attention.

I'm undecided as to which I feel is more likely.

A little more - names, dates, proof of affiliation with wikileaks, proof that deaths were non-accidental or at the very least, suspicious - might help me decide.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally I was a proponent of this Wikileaks thing, but now I'm starting to agree with you. Until I see some truly stunning information revealed with credible information to back it, Assange will look like nothing less than a media whore/government pawn.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I believe it.in a country like russia and china.
if you got court they could easy kill you.
in america they try to keep it more of a secret.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised by this. Reminds me of that part when they got volunteers to go through the Iraq war files to censor sensitive names that would put people in danger one of them commented "I left the meeting with a thumb drive containing the Iraq war files." At that moment I thought I would probably piss myself if I had the whole uncensored files in thumb drive. That intel would be very valuable to some people. That is just one example. Thing is that they probably don't wan't to make a martyr out of Julian but some unknown volunteer working covertly is another thing. Organizations have killed for less not to mention that WL is going against really big players both corporate and governemental.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I believe he used the term "assassinated" to refer to their careers or reputation however, he used that particular word to draw a raised brow. In other words, for drama sakes only. Too bad the supposed "journalist" did not have the guts & integrity of an actual Journalist to follow up on it.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Julian is trying to keep his 15 minutes going. First we have the "We can make a major bank exec resign!" Now it's "People have been assassinated. Put up or shut up, really. If WikiLeaks were anything nmore than a personality cult, Assange would queitly go about the business of leaking stuff rather than posturing obver what he "could" do. Do it, or leave it to someone not so interested in the limelight and sleeping with everyone he can.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

This is all misdirection to keep people from reading up on the FCC & Net Neutrality.

How long til corporations by the other vote from them?

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join