It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher reported to police for teaching about pig to a muslim student.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kakadudless

The case never left the police station, it was immediately shelved, he was never charged.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Bet they don't support West Ham United.

Absolutely pathetic.

Up The Hammers!!

Maybe they support Queens Pork Rangers ?

Was the ''absolutely pathetic'' comment in reference to this story, or to the performance of the Hammers this season ?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
In all seriousness, people shouldn't put any blame on the boy for this.

He's obviously just the product of being raised by his idiotic parents.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

The case never left the police station, it was immediately shelved, he was never charged.

I'm sorry, I must have missed that part, the video only stated the teacher has been charged, and the teacher has been interrogated.

To quote:
reporter "The teacher has been charged with mistreatment motivated by xenophobia."

To balance the equation, the teacher has denied these charges.

The above being said, what do you mean by shelved?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
In all seriousness, people shouldn't put any blame on the boy for this.

He's obviously just the product of being raised by his idiotic parents.

Yes...all absolutely true.
On tv the mother said they are a normal family, celebrate xmas etc with turkey but the just dont like to hear about pig:::::
So why all the damn fuss??
Because i think the mother was waiting for the local governement to give her an "xmas present" to keep her mouth shut, but when it didnt go her way, and the truth came out, she starts to shout "xenophobia, xenophobia"..
edit on 23-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Shelved is "no further action will be taken as there is NO case to answer.."

The local fiscal took one look at the case presented and prompty went to the bathroom to wipe his butt with the paperwork.
How and why in the name of common sense the police actually took the complaint seriously, i dont know...obligation i presume.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
wrong reply
edit on 23-12-2010 by kakadudless because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Shelved is "no further action will be taken as there is NO case to answer.."

Is that from the video? If so can you please tell me what time frame, thanks.

The local fiscal took one look at the case presented and prompty went to the bathroom to wipe his butt with the paperwork.
How and why in the name of common sense the police actually took the complaint seriously, i dont know...obligation i presume.

Well the case shouldn't be that hard to resolve, hence there was 29 witnesses.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I dont have to show a video...I live in Spain, i've spent the last week watching it on TV.
The papers went to a judge called in Spain "juzgados de primera instancia", where he/she decide's if thre is or isnt a case to answer. She/he threw the case out as there wasnt ANY evidence of xenophobia.
www.typicallyspanish.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">prosecution against teacher will be dropped

I hope you find the article sufficient.
Case closed.

Result - Common sense 1 muslim who wanted to make a quick buck of her religion 0.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I dont have to show a video...I live in Spain, i've spent the last week watching it on TV.
The papers went to a judge called in Spain "juzgados de primera instancia", where he/she decide's if thre is or isnt a case to answer. She/he threw the case out as there wasnt ANY evidence of xenophobia.

I would like to know what news channel reported this in Spain, so I can do my own research.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I love Spain. Iberico ham is sold in the finest restaurants in the UK. The Spanish eat a lot of pork. With all due respect this is overblown nonesense. Yes if the poor kid is so traumatised the family should relocate to Saudi Arabia the home of fundamentalist wahabiism.

What is sad is that moslems have lived alongside Xtians in Europe for centuries with minimum conflict.

This is sad but at least it did not go to court.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

how boring is this getteing, whatever tv staion you like, all national -

TVE 1
TVE 2
ANTENNA 3
EL CUATRO
TELECINCO
LA SEXTA
EL OCHO.

And here it is in EL PAIS spain's most read national newspaper

If you like i'll try and get the teachers phone number so you can bore him with twenty questions too. !!

And to close, a short video for all those of ATS who would like to see the cause of all this..And for those muslims among ATS, If you dont like it, dont read the thread. !!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

www.typicallyspanish.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">prosecution against teacher will be dropped

The above doesn't work, can you repost the link please.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I'm not talking about the prosecution regarding the use of word "HAM".

I'm talking about the prosecution regarding the racist slur (unconfirmed).
Student: "He began to tell me that if I didn't like it, I could return to my country."

If it is true that the teacher told the student to go back to his own country if he doesn't like it, he should be fired.

No one is saying the teacher should be prosecuted for using the word HAM, not even the mother said that, not even the student, we all saw the video.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

you know in this particular instance I think that we should just take your word for it.

Because no one on ATS has EVER distorted facts to suit a politcal agenda!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

If it is true that the Teacher told him he was free to go back to another country then good on him. I am a Brit living here in Valencia, Spain, and if I don`t like the way Spanish people live their lives I too would go back to my own country of origin. Why not?

I am sick to the back teeth of some over-prickly muslims (and it is ALWAYS Muslims) moaning on about their rights and what offends them.

As a non-Spaniard I have lived in Spain for 17 years now without any unpleasantness and the Spanish people could not have been kinder to my wife and me. Are they supposed to stop eating pork because some pipsqueak of a schoolboy says so? I don`t think so!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Does it really matter though, whether the teacher said "centre" or "country"?

The kid actually tried to forbid the teacher to speak about ham. In my opinion, it is ridiculous to have a student attempt to oppress education based on his own culture; you can sit him down and talk about it calmly, explaining from A to Z why teachers should always be allowed to educate their class about the important parts of their culture - or you can just react as a normal human being and say "We have A to Z and like it: if you want something else, you'll have to go somewhere else as well".

Sure, it's not politically correct .. but what seems to be slipping from our Zeitgeist is an understanding of context. If the teacher just said "Go back to your country" out of the blue, then it would have been insulting, racist, threatening, et cetera. But this is not what happened at all; this was an in-context reply! In fact, the teacher is right: if the student doesn't want to be educated about offending parts of spanish culture, then he should find a place where they avoid these subjects.

An analogy: when you're a medical student, you can't choose not to learn about 'nasty' bodyparts - so if you're going to hassle the professor about it during a lecture, then the professor would be absolutely right to say that if you cannot deal with the subject matter, you've chosen the wrong programme / course and should find another one.

It has become quite common to judge people for their statements without considering the context in which it said statements were made. Outside of its context, the statement is racist, harsh, uncalled for, etc.; inside of the context, it is a rational, logical reply. We can't allow ourselves to ignore the context just because we've become accustomed to view such statements as politically incorrect.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by exroyalnavy

If it is true that the Teacher told him he was free to go back to another country then good on him. I am a Brit living here in Valencia, Spain, and if I don`t like the way Spanish people live their lives I too would go back to my own country of origin. Why not?

I am sick to the back teeth of some over-prickly muslims (and it is ALWAYS Muslims) moaning on about their rights and what offends them.

As a non-Spaniard I have lived in Spain for 17 years now without any unpleasantness and the Spanish people could not have been kinder to my wife and me.

I don't know how to respond to your post.

I can only advice you to consider that the kid might be from Spain.

If you are born in Spain, you are from Spain.

Are they supposed to stop eating pork because some pipsqueak of a schoolboy says so? I don`t think so!

I'm sorry, where did you gain the above information? Why should Spaniards stop eating pork? Who said they should stop eating pork?

This is simply a kid, kids say worse things.

Don't forget, this is a kid VS a grown adult.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by scraze

The kid actually tried to forbid the teacher to speak about ham.

No, the kid made a childish command, which the teacher had no obligation to follow, hence, the kid is a student, the teacher is the adult and the teacher.

He could have continued with his lecture instead of throwing a racial slur towards the kid. Kids always interrupt the teacher during class, why was this dealt with any differently?

I'm sorry, but I for one believe kids will always be kids.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Not quite sure how it works in Spain, but I distinctly remember a time here in the States (happened to me more than once) when a child backtalked a teacher there were consequences.

There is too much hoopla going on about this. Simple fact - the kid disrupted a class. Point of fact, children do not have the "right" to dictate to a teacher what they may or may not teach about. But I really don't blame the poor kid. Don't even blame the mother all that much. I blame they whole "let's pander to everyone so we never offend anybody" mentality. While there is an awful lot of media attention to this in regards to Islam, it happens to other groups as well. And frankly, it needs to stop.

In my opinion, the teacher probably shouldn't have said what was said. But at the least, the kid should have been slapped with detention, and a parent-teacher conference scheduled. But only because paddling is considered worse than torture.

Just my two cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join