It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to Know God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
one must have at least a 5th grade reading level and of course comprehension of the English language, if that is your native language...

there is one way to know who is God one must understand Jesus of the holy bible, if one can not understand who Jesus is one will never know God if they wish to hate him so much.

and after you do know him you will love him, for to know him is to love him.

(pardon the arrogance of my opening statement, this is the language of today)

...now this is my preaching thread, my first of its kind, even though I have been accused of preaching.

edit on 12/21/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Some religions teach that the only way to God is through Jesus. But to love Jesus you have to walk in he's footsteps. If you claim you love Jesus but cant walk in he's footsteps. Do you really love Jesus?

In this world it is merely impossible to walk in Jesus footsteps. The truth is we only admire Jesus for he's courage, but we will never stand up like he did. We will only stand up for our own family and blood. We dont care about our neighbor. That price is to high.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

So to know God I must indoctrinate myself in the teachings of the bible and more likely surround myself with others who think the same? to know God you must abandon all logic and reasoning and ignore scientific based lab tested research in favour of a single book, with no real credible sources, countless contradictory statements and archaic thought processes, many of which we can shrug off due to technological advances.

I agree the Bible is a good guide from which to live your life, it's teachings can amount to some good...but it should be taken with a pinch of salt and large parts of it ignored in place of a more enlightened and progressive way of thinking.
edit on 21-12-2010 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
some are relatively new walkers so I would say it is allotted in rare instances and times of necessity

the truth be told !

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

ok im not going to bash you i believe in god but i don't think you have a clue of knowing god to be honest. The very thought of trying to understand om·nip·o·tent (m-np-tnt)
adj.
Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful. the bible talks about how we have freedom to believe and not to believe. That means he doesn't want you to know because truly knowing him is in conflict with the with the freedom to believe or not that he gave us until you die . This is why its called a belief system not a knowing system. This also throws a big wretch in the anti god peoples faces as being all powerful means you can be conflicting things all at once like water being a gas a solid and a liquid except do that with everything that conflicts all at once even with existing and not existing. This is the very reason why both sides have never been able to get an answer because both are right and wrong at the same time. sorry if i blew your mind or you are too slow to understand the concept to the people who are going to bash me for this.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
I agree the Bible is a good guide from which to live your life, it's teachings can amount to some good...but it should be taken with a pinch of salt and large parts of it ignored in place of a more enlightened and progressive way of thinking.

let me guess, UK right ? didn't take much to figure that out...

if there were a more enlightened and progressive way to learn his truth there wouldn't be as many problems in the world (specially in UK) as there are today.

it's all been done before, generations come and go quickly, but Jesus has lasted the test of time.

If English is ones native tongue I would answer yes to your statement because if you did understand his enlightenment you wouldn't be so British in your response.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

ok im not going to bash you i believe in god but i don't think you have a clue of knowing god to be honest. The very thought of trying to understand om·nip·o·tent (m-np-tnt)

I never actually said I understood the mind of God, I only understood what Jesus preached... Jesus was God become flesh and went through the birthing process so he may stoop down to our level and explain to us so we may better know him who is God.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

see here is where you lose me. I believe in Jesus i think he was a great man and died for our sins but he isn't god god is god. One of his messages said to be very weary of false prophets and idolaters what in fact you are doing by calling him god is idolatry even if its gods son. The fact that Jesus told the thief that he would sit next to him at his fathers side when Jesus was killed proves he is not god and asks his father why he has forsaken him also proves it.
edit on 21-12-2010 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

what it does prove is he was his son because no one could go thought that or would except his son. It also tells that god sacrificed his only son for us which is a very powerful statement of love from both god and jesus.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

To know God is to walk in light.

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

but a light spanking just don't do it in this day and age, one has to be slam danced on for a bit longer...

Tyndale was Gods Outlaw, he wrestled the word from those who wished to corrupt it's true meaning.

"I defy the Pope, and all his laws; and if God spares my life, ere many years, I will cause the boy that driveth the plow to know more of the Scriptures than thou dost!"

my Hero... though it used to be Spiderman when I was growing up... I used to always have to have those spidey underoos and I would drive my parents nutz !

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Well i am not only defy the Pope, but i reject him completely since i am an Orthodox Christian.

Does that makes me god´s outlaw too??

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

I must teach you how to Slam-Dance too, you should have seen me back 7 years ago or so... I was in the pit with my pit cam, though I was in my early 30's I must have went through my mid-life crisis early.

there I was swooshing round and around spreading some love and all the rest of the group was quite the majority younger than I, with a look on their face like WTH who the freak is this guy !

Like I was saying ... they just haven't seen Heavy-Metal Jesus yet !

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I must teach you how to Slam-Dance too, you should have seen me back 7 years ago or so... I was in the pit with my pit cam, though I was in my early 30's I must have went through my mid-life crisis early.

there I was swooshing round and around spreading some love and all the rest of the group was quite the majority younger than I, with a look on their face like WTH who the freak is this guy !

I know the feeling. It reminds me when i was around 25 years old. At Slayer gig in Greece. Mosh-pit at it´s finest
Now with almost 35 years old the world seems different. I am starting to feeling like an Old-Man.

Peace
edit on 21-12-2010 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2010 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Just turned 37 myself... I hear it's all downhill from 40 ?

I am not sure how to take that...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Just turned 37 myself... I hear it's all downhill from 40 ?

I surely hope not. I think that life starts at 40 and upwards.

I am not sure how to take that...

It´s difficult to answer that, but i think we gonna have to take it as it comes.

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

All of this from the person who has admittedly not really read the Bible all that much.

Now, please explain to me how understanding the character (not necessarily historical figure) of Jesus in the Bible is going to help anyone understand a deity. I mean, I've read the Bible cover to cover 3 times...and I've read the Gospels quite a few more. What have I missed?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Cosmic Artifact,

Then He tells us, "if ye love me keep my commandments." Jn 14:15, That certainly is the crux of the matter and another echoes it also. These are KJV
1Jo 2:3 ¶ And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Those that love Him don't think they are abolished then do they?

Hey! I know that's not popular.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

but Jesus also gave vision to the blind... can you imagine how that must have felt ?

I would have been jumping all around and stuff...

thx truthiron... I feel ya

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
To know god is to know this world, know our self and know what is true.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

it's all been done before, generations come and go quickly, but Jesus has lasted the test of time.

I wonder why,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94bbbafe8833.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh, right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join