It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Video's and Photos of the Full Lunar Eclipse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Wish I would have been able to upload my pictures but a group of buddies and I were down in Galveston on the beach...Clear view and a great view of the stars! Its awesome to know I got to see such a spectacular event. Interesting though is when we were on the beach all of a sudden a green beam of light and flash appeared out of nowhere about 3 miles off the beach and left behind a interesting trail! the trail disappeared quickly it was awesome! All 5 of us where definitely confused about what had just happened...very cool night!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Here's my rather blurry shot from the South Island of New Zealand (Canterbury region, to be more precise). We had a great view - clear night.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62cce27566c4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

This is my lame photo done with a hand held kodak 12 pix.
considering, surprised that it even came out as clear as it did.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Interesting to see the different angles of eclipse being projected on the moon from pics from different hemispheres.. here in NZ the moon re-emerged from the bottom up... some pics show the shadow moving off sideways

edit on 21-12-2010 by MoorfNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Heres two videos i recorded, not very good but they are still videos

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Not very good lol

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
All these are really great photos guys! Perhaps next time we should already have the technology to live stream rapture through each members point of view and exact location! I didn't get any decent clear shots of the moon, but here is a far away shot.

This is my favorite, what a beautiful picture. Betelgeuse and the moon are practically level with each other, and Orion looks gorgeous. were you using a tri-pod? Had to be for that kind of clarity. Very awesome!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Here is the best I've got. Camera died so I couldn't get the full eclipse : (

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12b8311ee174.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
S&F
I really enjoyed watching it off and on last night. Being able to see the coincidence of the Winter Solstice with a full Lunar Eclipse.. something one could say has never been seen in "modern times" (456 years!!) Awe-inspiring.

Here's what I found (AVAILABLE IN 1080P!!!)

edit on 21-12-2010 by igigi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I used a telescope and then put the digi cam against the eye piece.
It was way more defined looking in eye piece without digi cam, digi cam didn't focus properly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/912baf72980c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33ff1d25b764.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on (12/21/1010 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
great pics people i wanted to take some photos but was in the train saw it throu the windows but there was to many trees an buildings going past so i only got short glympses of it

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

What telescope were you using? It must be smaller than a 4.5"? Nice pics
I tried with my vid camera early this morning. The damn thing battled to focus, and it was freaking cold! I'm converting to avi now, and hopefully will post something using VirtualDub....

Don't know if anyone will be interested now, as ATS threads move so fast

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by loveguy

What telescope were you using? It must be smaller than a 4.5"? Nice pics
I tried with my vid camera early this morning. The damn thing battled to focus, and it was freaking cold! I'm converting to avi now, and hopefully will post something using VirtualDub....

Don't know if anyone will be interested now, as ATS threads move so fast

Thanks for asking.
I have a cheapy I bought from Ebay. It's a Rokinon 60mm X 910mm refracting. I used a elbow and a 25, and a 12.5 eye piece for different pics. I can focus it really good on the moon, but my digi cam is a hand-held job that I held against the eye piece. I don't know how to make an automatic focus focus while looking into an eyepiece!

I can see Jupiter and some of her moons with it on clear nights.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I had an EQ 4.5" Telescope in SA. Man, it was awesome to watch the moon, planets, and messier's
If I had that here in Canada, I would've been in my glory. I left it back in SA, moving it would most likely damage it, and if not ... I would have to collimate it again

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
I can see Jupiter and some of her moons with it on clear nights.

I don't know if the Orion 4.5" is still available, but man, what I nice "little" telescope it is
I bought it from the WITS university - South Africa, and many a night did I spend with it
I could see Jupiter as large as the naked eye sees the moon, and Jupiter's 4 moons looked like bright stars.

I could also barely see Saturn, and the rings - its was very small - but satisfying - considering it cost $200 at that time

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Awesome eclipse pictures here at SpaceWeatherdotcomcom

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

All the other pics are really nice.
I think it's great that a lot of folks when out and literally gave it a shot.
It's not always easy. Get a tripod. Go ahead and start with a cheap one.
They aren't very durable, but you will see a difference immediately. 15 , 20 bucks max.
When you get the hang of it, But a nice one, a little more heavy duty.
Experiment just on regular nights.
Try out The Orion constellation. this time of year. Its got some bright stars in it, and a nebula.
The stars are different colors. You can see the Orion nebula.
Just a camera and a tripod you can do this:

It just takes practice.
You need manual settings to do it..Most decent cameras can be switched to manual.
Start at about a 400 iso setting
And an aperture setting at somewhere around 8 or 11. you have to play with that. But the lower the number, the more light you are pouring onto your sensors. Remember you are working with very little light.

No Zoom!! You'll have the shutter open 12 seconds, sometimes more, sometimes less.
Zooming enhances the movement of the stars as the Earth rotates.

Shoot the moon in different phases....shoot Jupiter for about 6 seconds..You'll be surprised at what you'll see.

Or Satellites, those are good for practice because they show up on schedule
The Iridium series is my favorite because they can be very bright.

Like this:

Go to the www.heavens-above.com... website. You get predictions of how bright an Iridium flare will be at your location. They can be very bright.

I think we should have a little friendly competition, Camera ad Tripod only. No clock drives allowed.
See what we can capture with minimum equipment. anyone game?

PS. I responded to this particular post because the photo reminds me of what you might see floating around Jupiter, or Saturn. It's a nice clean shot, but you can't quite see a distinguishing mark.
It's just a moon of some planet, somewhere in the Universe.

So anyone game for a backyard astronomy Thread, and/or contest?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thanks for all the great photos

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

thank you so much for posting that amazing video
absolutely fantastic and thanks to all the others posters for sharing their own photo's

happy winter solstice and a wonderful new year too everyone

top topics

<< 1   >>

join