It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange turns on everyone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange turns on everyone

www.news.com.au...
Assange attacks former friends and US

Says rape accusers motivated by revenge

Claims to have material to destroy bank boss

Police feared he would be assassinated

JULIAN Assange, the man behind WikiLeaks, today launched a wide ranging series of attacks on both his enemies and allies as he defended his public and private conduct

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20/12/10 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
He insisted that the women behind the claims were motivated by revenge.
Mr Assange said he had enough material ready to destroy the bosses of one of the world’s biggest banks.

When asked if he was promiscuous, he replied: "I’m not promiscuous. I just really like women."
Mr Assange also confirmed that WikiLeaks was holding a vast amount of material about a bank which it intends to release early next year.
Shares in Bank of America recently fell after speculation spread that it was the target.
"We don’t want the bank to suffer unless it’s called for," Mr Assange said. "But if its management is operating in a responsive way there will be resignations."

Read more: www.news.com.au...

[url=http://www.news.com.au/features/wikileaks/wikileaks-boss-julian-assange-turns-on-friends-and-foes/story-fn79cf6x-1225974366476]www.news.com.au[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I am so suspect of Assange, but I am all up for Freedom of Speech....

I just wish he would put up or shut up.

I am tired of hearing about what he has and his threats.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Shares in Bank of America recently fell after speculation spread that it was the target. "We don’t want the bank to suffer unless it’s called for," Mr Assange said. "But if its management is operating in a responsive way there will be resignations."

Kinda seems like he is blackmailing Bank of America now, not that they don't deserve it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
How about you release the information and let us decide for ourselves Julian? A lot of people have gone to the mat and fought for this guy and his drama queening is getting really goddamn old and irritating.
edit on 20-12-2010 by JoeMaine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This is assange at his best acting like he is some god acting like a big baby.....

This guy would turn on his own mother he is a sicko...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

My favrite part is him turning on Micheal Moore. He puts up bail money to get Assange out of jail then wiki leaks releases a cable about his movie being banned in Cuba. Now thats funny talk about biting the hand that feeds you .

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I wish he would stop show boating and actually release something of some major significance, unless of course he already has and I missed it

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Its just like ive been saying, assange is out to do all this for himself and for notoriety.

Altho I agree that there should be transparency.......its clear that this guys motivations are for his own personal gains.........

And everyone has bought into this hook line and sinker.........hes a friggin genius!

Everyone is so willing to bow down and throw all their support at someone, without really knowing anyting about him.........

yet these same people talk down to people who support others in the same manner..........Its hypocritical if you ask me......

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

My favrite part is him turning on Micheal Moore. He puts up bail money to get Assange out of jail then wiki leaks releases a cable about his movie being banned in Cuba. Now thats funny talk about biting the hand that feeds you .
I don't understand your rant here. Michael Moore's movie was banned in Cuba. So what? It's not like Michael Moore suddenly looks like a criminal in the eyes of many. Cuba is actually known as a repressive state. If a movie is banned there, then it means that it is an idea that the Cuban government is trying to suppress. Michael Moore must be on to something great.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Let me get this straight. A guy who makes his mark by leakiing embarrassing information on people and institutions is whining that a newspaper is leaking embarrassing alleged info about him? I like the truth and everything but Assange seems like he may be a bit of a turd. Turnaround is fair play.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You know, I might have a tantrum too after having endured what he's been through lately.

How would you feel, in his position?

Walk a mile, man....

edit on 20-12-2010 by MzMorbid because: Bacon.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

what hes been through? Really? Do you know all the facts in the case with him? How do you know what hes been through hasnt been deserved as far as criminal charges are concerned?

See thast just the thing, NO ONE really knows this guy, he really could be a rapist, or sadistic killer or any number of things, and people just DONT KNOW.....

but they throw their support behind him without knowing ANYTHING about him and say "aww poor julian" just because they think what he is doing is noble......

The problems are many
1. Throwing your support in behind someone you dont know, is dangerous
2. Actions that are perceived as "noble" when done for purely self serving reasons, arent noble......and we are starting to see that with this "If you dont do things my way ill release this" if he was really as noble as people make him out to be, he would do it ANYWAY regardless of what happens to him........but see his heart isnt really in it for that, hes IN IT FOR HIMSELF!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I wish he would stop show boating and actually release something of some major significance, unless of course he already has and I missed it

well you want hard hitting leaks so far in my country we have had
former pm helen clark sends troops into iraq to secure milk deals
(lives for cash)
and current pm john keys bans our ministers from talking to dali lama when he was here for his vist
(told not to by chineeze masters)

if you lived here this stuff is big and bad and not welcome

keep wiki strong the leaks you are all looking for will come with time

leigion
xploder

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
His criticism against the Guardian about the release of information regarding the Swedish charges was (I thought) because they are deliberately only showing half the story.
Many MSM news outlets have been doing the same, saying that he is charged with rape, when in fact he is wanted for questioning in relation to 'sex by surprise' - consensual but unprotected sex.
If they are deliberately with holding some information that casts things in a different light, they deserve to be taken to task for it.
It should not be up to journalists to put their own slant on things or allow their own opinions and views to cloud the overall tone of an article, or to bias it to a specific agenda.
Of course, most MSM writers are guilty of doing exactly that and it is one of the reasons why they can not truly be trusted.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid
You know, I might have a tantrum too after having endured what he's been through lately.

How would you feel, in his position?

Walk a mile, man....

edit on 20-12-2010 by MzMorbid because: Bacon.

Agree 100%.

He is P'd off because the trial by media has started already, when did Wikileaks publish information about anyone facing trial.

In any instance if someone is facing a trial they should have a fair trial and, quite rightly, a trial by media should be avoided.
Making public information outside of the judicial system isn't the same in my view.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

Originally posted by dragonridr

I don't understand your rant here. Michael Moore's movie was banned in Cuba. So what? It's not like Michael Moore suddenly looks like a criminal in the eyes of many. Cuba is actually known as a repressive state. If a movie is banned there, then it means that it is an idea that the Cuban government is trying to suppress. Michael Moore must be on to something great.

To explain it to you in his movie he compared healthcare in Cuba and the United states and heralded the Cuban healthcare system as far superior to the United States. Then according to the cable they released it was banned in Cuba because they did not want the people to expect there health care to meet Micheal Moores standards. In other words he lied and even the Cubans were not willing to perpetuate that lie.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Cuba has managed to reduce their levels of Aids infection down to 1/6 of what it is in the USA

Knowing a couple of Brits who live in Cuba I promise you their health care is top rate.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Thats really not the point is it just the fact that wiki leaks put out something that made Micheal Moore have to defend himself after he helped post assanges bail is messed up. There was no reason to release that now other then the fact Micheal Moore was in the news for posting bail.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Assange attacks former friends and US

Former friend?? You mean the reporter at the Gaurdian who released incriminating details of the supposed sexual assault, that hindered Julians chances of bail??
That friend.??????

He accused his media partners at The Guardian newspaper, which worked with him to make the embarrassing leaks public, of unfairly tarnishing him by revealing damaging details of the sex assault allegations he faces in Sweden.

I think I'd be less that pleased also...

edit on 20-12-2010 by backinblack because: quote

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join