It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange turns on everyone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
reply to post by dragonridr

Cuba has managed to reduce their levels of Aids infection down to 1/6 of what it is in the USA

Knowing a couple of Brits who live in Cuba I promise you their health care is top rate.

Uh huh, and whats the population compared to the US? that makes a HUGE difference.........

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Tall poppy syndrome much ?

If anyone here has done 1% for freedom of speech this guy has. Be my guest to have a whinge about his demeanor.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

NOW NOW NOW! Me Me ME!

Patience, my son. Patience.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Not to derail this but Michael Moore put up a statement on Huff Post. In which he said that the cable was the US spouting lie's. He says that the US was spreading lies and that the Cuban Gov did in fact celebrate and show his film nation wide.

I'm not sure if I can post quote's effectively so I will post the link first
Huff Post, Michael Moore reply to the released cable

It is a stunning look at the Orwellian nature of how bureaucrats for the State spin their lies and try to recreate reality (I assume to placate their bosses and tell them what they want to hear).

And on the statement that the film was Banned

XXXXXXXXXXXX stated that Cuban authorities have banned Michael Moore's documentary, "Sicko," as being subversive. Although the film's intent is to discredit the U.S. healthcare system by highlighting the excellence of the Cuban system, he said the regime knows the film is a myth and does not want to risk a popular backlash by showing to Cubans facilities that are clearly not available to the vast majority of them.

Sounds convincing, eh?! There's only one problem -- 'Sicko' had just been playing in Cuban theaters. Then the entire nation of Cuba was shown the film on national television on April 25, 2008! The Cubans embraced the film so much so it became one of those rare American movies that received a theatrical distribution in Cuba. I personally ensured that a 35mm print got to the Film Institute in Havana. Screenings of 'Sicko' were set up in towns all across the country.

I am not a supporter of Wikileaks or an attacker. I just thought you might like to hear the "Victims" side. Please feel free to read his complete reply because he goes into much more detail as well as some spouting.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

Cuba has managed to reduce their levels of Aids infection down to 1/6 of what it is in the USA

Knowing a couple of Brits who live in Cuba I promise you their health care is top rate.

Uh huh, and whats the population compared to the US? that makes a HUGE difference.........

The numbers are usually based on percentages so population is irrelevant..

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Uh you realize that the schedule for releasing the documents was set way in advance right? Just checking.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think its hard to think that wikileaks is a disinfo campaign because of this:

1 - they started doing to small organizations, small governments, and now are doing to the big guys too
2 - the movement! yes, it looks like the freedom of speech movement is getting strong over the planet, so, even if wikileaks died, the spirit will still be here and probably grow even faster

so, really, for those reasons, I think they are probably just some guys trying to 55K!%#%&# $&¨#&@q@¨ and provide justice for those who never face it

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Seems that those that are giving Assange a bad rap can't even
bother to go and read the original cables for themselves;
as lazy and inept as they are, they rely on gov. controlled-media
to inform them.
WHEN WILL YOU EVER LEARN ?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Seems that those that are giving Assange a bad rap can't even
bother to go and read the original cables for themselves;
as lazy and inept as they are, they rely on gov. controlled-media
to inform them.
WHEN WILL YOU EVER LEARN ?

Yes, I think Wiki was clever with that..
They knew MSM would be selective in what they showed, therefore highlighting (to those that bother to check) that the MSM has an agenda or are told what to release..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by MzMorbid

what hes been through? Really? Do you know all the facts in the case with him? How do you know what hes been through hasnt been deserved as far as criminal charges are concerned?

See thast just the thing, NO ONE really knows this guy, he really could be a rapist, or sadistic killer or any number of things, and people just DONT KNOW.....

but they throw their support behind him without knowing ANYTHING about him and say "aww poor julian" just because they think what he is doing is noble......

The problems are many
1. Throwing your support in behind someone you dont know, is dangerous
2. Actions that are perceived as "noble" when done for purely self serving reasons, arent noble......and we are starting to see that with this "If you dont do things my way ill release this" if he was really as noble as people make him out to be, he would do it ANYWAY regardless of what happens to him........but see his heart isnt really in it for that, hes IN IT FOR HIMSELF!

People throw their suppot to people they don't know all the time. Do you know your government? do you know your president?

Assange has been through alot, and he is only human and bound to crack. He has most the governments against him. You have these stupid rape charges, which i think is just an excuse to get him to sweden, then America. And now we have America wanting his *ss for treason. Funny thing is, these idiots can't get him for treason because he is not bloody American!!!!

Also, with the constant threats on his life. The problem is, people who are saying stuff sarcastically like "aww poor julian" are the ones who look at him as some God like figure who should be amuned to human emotion or fear. Anyone in his position would be shi**ing themselves right now!

edit on 21-12-2010 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think there's something very important being missed.

Well, I think a lot of things but let me try to explain myself.

1. I don't think most people understand the difference in classifications of documents.
2. the law is pretty clear that documents are NOT to be classified to cover corruption, ineffieciency or to prevent embarrassment.

3. The very fact that Gates and a lot of folks are saying the documents are not all that big a deal out of ONE side of their mouths is incriminating that the govt is classifying a lot of stuff it SHOULD not legally classify.

on the other hand
4. if said documents put troops at risk and national security, they probably should have got a HIGHER classification than they did.

I mean - I have been reading the cables, and for years at least I held a security clearance higher than what I'd need to read them anyway - AND
what I am seeing is that "The DEPARTMENT OF STATE" should be called "THE SALES DEPT."
and
that we have a really big problem with determining just what our secrets should be, so we are just shotgunning EVERYTHING and stamping them classified without thought to the law.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Misleading thread title.

Misleading responses.

Poor.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think there are 2 different threads with this topic, maybe even the same name- could they be merged?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My two cents:

I think the guy is fantastic. Everybody here seems to complain about him turining on people that have helped him out in the past surely he simply practices what he preaches. Honesty is obvioulsy a massive part of this mans character, would you rather he protect people for being on his good side or for having handed out enough money.

Oh and I love the strait to the point answers "no I just really like women".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join