It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SB 510, passes but not law yet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
As most of you know,Sb 510 passed Sunday 12 /19 2010 in the sen, but now goes to house for final vote, now here is were it gets weird, the House Bill is HR 2751, now if you look this up it is the cash for clunkers bill that passed but slipped in as the food safety act, it seems they are trying to hide this bill from us. thought you would like to know.
edit on 20-12-2010 by bekod because: editting

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
" now here is were it gets weird, the House Bill is HR 2751, now if you look this up it is the cash for clunkers bill that passed but slipped in as the food safety act, "

HR 2751 is cash for clunkers, what does it have to do with the food safety bill? "I don't understand what you mean by slipped in as"

A.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Analyzing

it has been re-listed as HR2751 the food safety act but the bill 2751 as you know is the cash for clunkers act, this is there way of you not stopping it from passing the house, if you do not know the bill number then there is no bill get it?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Why is this not going viral yet??

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Jon Stewart did a send up on the 'food safety' subject and made it sound perfectly reasonable. He assumed that "Big Food" is wondefully benevolent. I wonder how many viewers had a good laugh (I did...it was funny) but don't realize that they're in peril.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Great spotting, keep digging.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What's your source? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to tack on a bill that further controls the food supply onto a dummy-bill. But...

Looks to me like the HR2751 bill has been recently renamed to FDA Food Safety Modernization Act? Which would be a pretty accurate description.

SOURCE

So... Hoax?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

no ,no hoax this is how they the house does it so you can not stop it . you have to know the date and Hr number to tell them you are against it, it is there way of pulling the wool over your eyes, 2749 and 3082 are part of it, so even then if 2751 is defeated they can add it too, or change the 2749 or 3082 to the food softy act, they do this for bills that they need to pass, or slip it 2751, in to a all together different bill, usually with a spending bill or law. it is enough to make your head spin!!!!!! oh and far as the source goes gov doc's "S 510" and the "food safety act"

edit on 20-12-2010 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2010 by bekod because: word corection and added info

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by pforkp

no ,no hoax this is how they the house does it so you can not stop it . you have to know the date and Hr number to tell them you are against it, it is there way of pulling the wool over your eyes, 2749 and 3082 are part of it, so even then if 2751 is defeated they can add it too, or change the 2749 or 3082 to the food softy act, they do this for bills that they need to pass, or slip it 2751, in to a all together different bill, usually with a spending bill or law. it is enough to make your head spin!!!!!!

What I don't understand is if you already see how deceitfully they accomplish these things...why you don't simply pull out and walk away from this lunacy? Why do you continue to participate? Why waste your life making "your head spin" in dissecting the evil and trying to outsmart it? Why not the logical conclusion of refusing to continue to deal with it? Walk away. Make it official and let them know. Refuse to be ruled by evil, treachery, and deceit.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

And go where?

Evil, treachery, and deceit is universal.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

because some one has to watch TPTB and be a voice for the people, i am not the only one , but one of many, some times i am the last and other times the first.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Alethea

And go where?

You don't have to go anywhere. Walking away from it is the act of taking a stand. It is making a self declaration of your own principles. Self ownership.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Alethea

because some one has to watch TPTB and be a voice for the people, i am not the only one ,

That's one of the biggest problems is that people allow others to speak for them. The masses of society let the government speak for them. Sometimes people may not agree with what is done...but you have given them your authority to do so because you support their system.

People should each speak for themselves. Try Autonomy.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

reply to post by Alethea

And go where?

You don't have to go anywhere. Walking away from it is the act of taking a stand. It is making a self declaration of your own principles. Self ownership.

Okay dude, but that makes no sense whatsoever. You wanna say you're free...fine. What are you going to DO to make yourself free?! You and how many other billion behind you? Go up against the oppressive governments in 2010. I'll be the first to laugh at you when your but gets thrown in prison and the rest of your rights get taken away.

None is free until we're all free. The people aren't ready for revolution so all that's left is to deal with it. That's reality.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

well as long as there is the bill of rights and the Constitution, i will speak say post and write what i find about TPTB, as some need to see the light through the darkness, even for the fact some could care less the are most that want to know, what our GOV the USA is up too.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Okay dude, but that makes no sense whatsoever. You wanna say you're free...fine. What are you going to DO to make yourself free?! You and how many other billion behind you?

I imagine there may be a few who are free because they were never entangled but that would be very rare. It takes more than just saying you are free. But you can get free at any time. It's the principle behind Dorothy clicking the heels of her ruby shoes. Good Witch Glenda tells her "You have had the power all along."

None is free until we're all free. The people aren't ready for revolution so all that's left is to deal with it. That's reality.

"All" do not want to be free. Some are content to support the lies because of the benefits they are receiving. Freedom is an individual choice, not a collective all-inclusive proposition. Revolution sounds like violence and a mass effort. The freedom I suggest is making the choice to separate yourself from lies and bloodshed. The freedom gained is benefits lost in this Empire. But each individual will act according to his/her integrity and heart.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

"All" do not want to be free. Some are content to support the lies because of the benefits they are receiving. Freedom is an individual choice, not a collective all-inclusive proposition. Revolution sounds like violence and a mass effort. The freedom I suggest is making the choice to separate yourself from lies and bloodshed. The freedom gained is benefits lost in this Empire. But each individual will act according to his/her integrity and heart.

NO. Very few are content to support the lies. Very few are conscious sycophants. The rest of us are doing exactly as you say, following our heart and acting accordingly. As for separating one's self from lies AND bloodshed? I haven't a clue how you think this has anything to do with freedom. Lies are EVERYWHERE. Violence is EVERYWHERE.

You know what doesn't exist? A utopia. You know why? Because it's impossible. It's naive to think human nature will ever get there. So go on and label people as being free and not free, standing up or not based on your own understandings of the terms and how you think reality should be. I'll deal with what is and act accordingly.
edit on 20-12-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ok I just realized something strange.
On the source, here, I find the words 'latest title'...
H.R. 2751 is named the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act now.
It was the CARS act.

What was it's previous names?

# SHORT TITLE(S) AS INTRODUCED:
Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save Act

# SHORT TITLE(S) AS PASSED HOUSE:
Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save Act

# SHORT TITLE(S) AS PASSED SENATE:
FDA Food Safety Modernization Act

# OFFICIAL TITLE AS INTRODUCED:
To accelerate motor fuel savings nationwide and provide incentives to registered owners of high polluting automobiles to replace such automobiles with new fuel efficient and less polluting automobiles.

# OFFICIAL TITLE AS AMENDED BY SENATE:
An act to amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act with respect to the safety of the food supply.

This is strange.

Holy cow.
Seems they are expanding spending on the same bill for another project.

Page: S10738
Page: S10739
Page: S10742
TITLE I--CONTINUING APPROPRIATIONS AMENDMENTS
Page: S10743
TITLE II--EXTENSION OF CURRENT SURFACE TRANSPORTATION PROGRAMS
Subtitle A--Federal-Aid Highways
Subtitle B--Extension of National Highway Traffic Safety Administration,...
Page: S10744
Subtitle C--Public Transportation Programs
Page: S10745
Subtitle D--Extension of Expenditure Authority
TITLE I--IMPROVING CAPACITY TO PREVENT FOOD SAFETY PROBLEMS
Page: S10746
TITLE II--IMPROVING CAPACITY TO DETECT AND RESPOND TO FOOD SAFETY PROBLEMS
TITLE III--IMPROVING THE SAFETY OF IMPORTED FOOD
TITLE IV--MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
TITLE I--IMPROVING CAPACITY TO PREVENT FOOD SAFETY PROBLEMS
Page: S10747
Page: S10748
Page: S10749
Page: S10750
Page: S10751
Page: S10752
Page: S10753
Page: S10754
Page: S10755
Page: S10756
TITLE II--IMPROVING CAPACITY TO DETECT AND RESPOND TO FOOD SAFETY PROBLEMS
Page: S10757
Page: S10758
Page: S10759
Page: S10760
Page: S10761
Page: S10762
Page: S10763
Page: S10764
TITLE III--IMPROVING THE SAFETY OF IMPORTED FOOD
Page: S10765
Page: S10766
Page: S10767
Page: S10768
TITLE IV--MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
Page: S10769
Page: S10770

An added amendment from Harry Ried, added a TON of new provisions for FDA and Food Safety?

edit on 20-12-2010 by havok because: added a new exerpt.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

do you feel like i feel

how dare they, but this is how the do it , change add rename renumber and then through in some other stuff rules reg's and fund's just so it goes through/passes as one bill, all are none as "hole"as it is called, if one part fails then all of it fails but then, it can not fail. Confused? Too put it plainly, 2751 is part of the bigger package, if it fails it then is added too the "package" but the hole package has to fail for 2751 too come to the final end, otherwise 2751 is nullified then, it is renamed/ numbered 2749 or 3082, or added to an other related bill that has all ready passed if said bills have passed, watch C span a few times and you will understand, this us usual done by voice vote, so in the last day to vote 24 hours of said HR, comes to floor no matter how much we dislike it, it is a sure bet it will pass. welcome to the world of back door politics. oh yea one last thing HR is different than SB, the S510 is Senate Bill, the HR 2751 is the House Bill, or HR.
edit on 20-12-2010 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Names are coming to light, failed government processes indicated and the plot thickens. Makes a great story, need to get some media and public pressure on it. Also need to start opening the floor for public debate and how to fix it. Excellent work.

top topics

join