It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loop quantum gravity could unite physics and take us back to the Big Bang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Loop quantum gravity could unite physics and take us back to the Big Bang

io9.com

General relativity and quantum mechanics are the twin foundations of modern physics, but there's a problem: they're mutually exclusive, at least according to our current understanding. A new model using loop quantum gravity might have the beginnings of a solution.

Relativity holds that reality is uniquely determined and always measurable, whereas quantum mechanics tells us that uncertainty and immeasurable values are woven into the very fabric of nature. Both of these facts have been backed up by countless experiments. So what's the solution?

Physicists are still hard at work at an an
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is so way over my head that it's not even funny.

However I get the jist that they are maybe a little closer to unifying everything.

the one interesting thing I do see in the article is that about time. that gravity plays a part in making us see time.

cool read. hopefully some other members can chime in with some opinions.

io9.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Quantum Mechanics doesn't say that something is immeasureble, it shows that in some cases, an attempt to measure reality changes it. I think the answer to that inconsistancy is in that detail. Being impossible to measure breaks laws of Relativity, while having no absolute measurment, but instead being relative to the observor, places things neatly in relativistic order.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I hope this helps

MultiPhase Gravitons & Tachyons in 3 Dimensions instead of the usual 11 dimensions for the "M:" wave

multiphase frequencies and harmonics according to the variable speeds of light (or any radiating particle) as a general medium split into visible light at a constant of "C"

Use 3 dimensions only for the following faster than / slower than light applications explaining why some form of raditaion fromthe sun are slower and faster than "C", very simple.

slower communications can be below the speed of "C" (previously proven by myself and other scientists and published) re: time lag for lower frequencies fromthe sun.

faster communications can be above the speed of "C" (previously proven by myself and other scientists and published) re: time lag for lower frequencies fromthe sun.

Therefore there is a 3 fold phase harmonic fractal, "C" +1 (or +N), "C" +0 (or "C" = "C" or "N") and "C" -1 (or "C" - N)

Ergo,

I can combine quantum mechanics & manipulate general relativity using any radiating particle, either forward or backward, faster or slower, or in any hyperspace dimension.

One equation = 3 particles.

Exponential extrapolations = matter, anti-matter, radiation stabilility at the "Zero point"

happy hunting

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxwellsdemon
reply to post by grey580

I hope this helps

MultiPhase Gravitons & Tachyons in 3 Dimensions instead of the usual 11 dimensions for the "M:" wave

multiphase frequencies and harmonics according to the variable speeds of light (or any radiating particle) as a general medium split into visible light at a constant of "C"

Use 3 dimensions only for the following faster than / slower than light applications explaining why some form of raditaion fromthe sun are slower and faster than "C", very simple.

slower communications can be below the speed of "C" (previously proven by myself and other scientists and published) re: time lag for lower frequencies fromthe sun.

faster communications can be above the speed of "C" (previously proven by myself and other scientists and published) re: time lag for lower frequencies fromthe sun.

Therefore there is a 3 fold phase harmonic fractal, "C" +1 (or +N), "C" +0 (or "C" = "C" or "N") and "C" -1 (or "C" - N)

Ergo,

I can combine quantum mechanics & manipulate general relativity using any radiating particle, either forward or backward, faster or slower, or in any hyperspace dimension.

One equation = 3 particles.

Exponential extrapolations = matter, anti-matter, radiation stabilility at the "Zero point"

happy hunting

I thought the speed of light was constant? 186,000 mps?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

"C" is only constant @ 186,000/hr approx in a vacuum within a defined gravitional field (objectively earth = 1G as an example), The higher the G variable hence would become "C" + 1Gn (if "n" is a hypothetical positive value)./ Then there's the flip side.

You should be able to apply this to any hypothetical particle spin ratio.There is a Bosun?? (phonetic spelling - sorry) particle that they are looking for, (god particle),

But there are 2 particles as per quantum theory, for them to find either one they need to replicate the inverse value to satisfy all three quantum states at "the same time".

If you want to slow "C" down & bend light at the same time just shine light in a bowl of water and you will see it defracts at an angle. That is the product of the photon inertial spin deflection and energy transfer to another particle.

Eg; white light = "C" constant.

But if I slow the speed of "white light = "C" through a filter variable (glass prism) I then have the colours of visible spectrum humans call a rainbow.

If you want to go "C+1@N" (FTL), use a standing wave.

Or to put it simply

Loop quantum gravity is a 1 dimensional mobious strip seen in 2 dimensions. The twisting torque should create electromagnetism for the 3rd variable.. That creates spin.

Viola'

We have gravity

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

As a theoretical physicist, I would be interested in an even more fundamental theory that took us back to BEFORE the Big Bang, i.e,, one that did not assume that it ever happened but which predicted it. How can a theory ever call itself a "theory of everything" when it is merely a theory of matter that leaves out consciousness and the spiritual cosmos? A true "theory of everything" would necessarily describe the latter as well and explain what the relationship between the physical and super-physical universes is. Such a mathematical scheme now exists - and it does, indeed, predict superstring theory! Moreover, it is confirmed by the sacred geometries of ancient religions, which have been shown to embody this representation of all levels of reality. Visit:
smphillips.8m.com...
and study the stupendous, new, mathematical discoveries that I speak of that bridge religious and scientific accounts of the universe and of man. I believe that they provide the vehicle that can enable one to transcend the need to theorize about ultimate things. They amount not to some new theory of everything but to something far more important, namely, what is behind M-theory, loop quantum gravity or whatever turns out to be the correct, unified description of nature.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Answer;

Before the "hypothetical" Big Bang was the "potential" (quantum theory / zero point etc.) therefore another universe existed.

Simply put, this universe (we objectively experience) is based "after" the BigBang, lets call that "C" + 1, The BigBang was just "C", therefore the possibility and fact of anti-matter is a remnant and/or parallel to ours is "C" -1.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Sorry, I forgot to tell that in the beginning there was the "word",

Prior to the "Word" was God's "Thought".

And here I am combining science & faith.

Schroedingers Quantum physics applied

new topics

top topics

join