It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why, Scientifically, Is It So Hard To Quit Smoking?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
from experience the best time to go cold turkey is first thing in the morning. if you had a good 6-8 hours of sleep youve went a good 6-8 hours without a smoke and the need isnt there as bad as it would be if you went cold turkey right after smoking your last smoke. i used gum and sun flower seeds as an activity/treat to get me by. by choice im smoking again i know its a shame.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I recently got the e-cigarette (prosmoke is the brand) and it is wonderful. I have tried the patch, and nicotine gum in the past, as well as zyban, with no success whatsoever, but this thing worked immediately. Water vapor and nicotine is all you inhale. It feels like a cigarette, gives the same relief, yet none of the associated health issues. I love smoking and didn't want to quit altogether, so I still smoke with my morning coffee and at night after dinner...but the rest of the day it's e-cigs....I can smoke inside, even in a friends car once they understood there was no smell or health risk....my life is immeasurably better. I've only had it for a week, but I already feel better, particularly my lungs.
Not a advertisement...I am just a dude...I don't sell them or have a vested interest. I have been waiting for something like them all my life. Harmless smoking, what could be better?!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by joechip
I recently got the e-cigarette (prosmoke is the brand) and it is wonderful. I have tried the patch, and nicotine gum in the past, as well as zyban, with no success whatsoever, but this thing worked immediately. Water vapor and nicotine is all you inhale. It feels like a cigarette, gives the same relief, yet none of the associated health issues. I love smoking and didn't want to quit altogether, so I still smoke with my morning coffee and at night after dinner...but the rest of the day it's e-cigs....I can smoke inside, even in a friends car once they understood there was no smell or health risk....my life is immeasurably better. I've only had it for a week, but I already feel better, particularly my lungs.
Not a advertisement...I am just a dude...I don't sell them or have a vested interest. I have been waiting for something like them all my life. Harmless smoking, what could be better?!

The above is a wonderful advertising literature

If you can contact the e-cigarette company and ask them for a job in the advertising arena, I'm sure they will give you one.

The above literature is similar to fat loss program advertising where a user of the program is usually in the advertisement, usually a user which the program has helped a lot, in this sense you are the user and e-cigarettes have helped you much.

Good luck to you. I'm glad you found a habit which is less destructive to your body.
edit on 28-12-2010 by lurkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lurkee

Yeah, whatever man. I just thought it would be helpful to share this. I am not advertising anything. I paid for my e-cig with hard earned weed trimming money.
Is it my fault the damn things work, when nothing else I've ever tried has? Does that make me a shill? Was I just too enthusiastic to be believed?
Or are you just a hater, with a eye toward viewing everything as a conspiracy?
Maybe I should accuse you of working for the tobacco companies....

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by joechip
reply to post by lurkee

Yeah, whatever man. I just thought it would be helpful to share this. I am not advertising anything. I paid for my e-cig with hard earned weed trimming money.
Is it my fault the damn things work, when nothing else I've ever tried has? Does that make me a shill? Was I just too enthusiastic to be believed?
Or are you just a hater, with a eye toward viewing everything as a conspiracy?
Maybe I should accuse you of working for the tobacco companies....

I'm sorry

I didn't write my post with a negative intention, I wrote it as an advice. I believe it is good to replace your habits which are bad for your health, to something which isn't.

You have done that, you have replaced your habit with something good, and yet continue enjoying the habit which you don't want to give up.

I myself smoke one pack of cigarette per day. I actually can't afford it, but for me the habit is pretty hard to let go of and I don't know where to buy the e-cigarette from, other wise I would have taken your experience in to account and used it rather than normal cigarette which are bad for my health in so many ways.

Once again, sincere apology if my post came across wrongly.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lurkee

No problem, and I'm sorry that I took your post the wrong way. If you are thinking of trying them, just research online-- there are forums dedicated to "vaping" which I wish I had found before I ordered mine...not that I'm unhappy with it, but I paid too much--about double what I needed to for a "starter kit." The folks that have been doing it awhile recommend just buying the e-cig (and post reviews of the different types) and buying what they call "e-juice" to refill them instead of the replacement cartridges the e-cig manufacturers sell. This turns a 75% savings over regular cigarettes into something more like 95%, or even more....I bought a bunch of cartridges with my starter kit, and having gone this route yet...they also claim the e-juice (certain ones at least) are superior in flavor to the e-cig carts. Good luck if you do try them...I really like mine, and yeah, its kinda like the sin without the wages...I do get to keep the habit, as you point out..

edit on 28-12-2010 by joechip because: elaboration

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
that must be a side effect from the e-cigs. hmmm?.. im jokin joe. iv tried the e-cigs and theyre not my cup of tea. talk about sucking your brain out lol. i use mine when around family or in the car but with the lack of a scientific study how do we know they are harmless?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Naw, I'm in a nasty mood from TMD pain. (Apologies again) But here's a study, and there are more out there that have been done recently.

According to their findings, electronic cigarettes were 1,000 times less carcinogenic than tobacco cigarettes and effectively reduced the urge to light up by simulating actual smoking, which has been shown to help people kick the habit. In fact, electronic cigarettes were no more toxic than other nicotine-replacement products, such as patches and gum.

www.jointogether.org...

Too bad you didn't dig them...some hit easier than others I'm sure.
peace.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Ex-smoker here. Started aged 14 and smoked for around 10 years straight. At the end I was up to 3 packs of marlboro a day, was even smoking small cigars and cigarillos as well. Then I read the book The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr and quit as soon as I had finished the book.

Never looked back either and have never touched a cigarett since then: aprox.11 years

Its not about the nicotine or ammonia at all, it all has to do with a habit built up over the years: the urge to hold something in your hand, the cigarette after lunch or in the morning with your coffee, at a party with alcahol etc..

You need to kick these habits after you stop smoking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join