It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: Newfoundland Frozen Waves - awesome.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This is quite spectacular, frozen waves falling on the shore.
www.sott.net...

Not sure weather this has happened before but quite freaky really

Actually this might be old footage looking at it again?
edit on 19-12-2010 by Mythkiller because: Date found

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Never seen anything like that before...

Bizarre!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This video is fake...hoax...as we all know, such an occurrance is now impossible due to global warming.

I bet this is plastic wrap doctored up to discredit Al Gore and the truth of global warming.

All we have to do is look at England basking in globally warmed 90s of recent weeks, there are pics of people sunbathing along the coasts of ireland and Scotland, heatwaves across Europe...no, this is just a trick to make you think that global warming is not happenning.

Now where is my sarcasm marker?...there it is. Pretty awesome vid...thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
These aren't waves that froze up. It is a common phenomenon that ice is being pushed against the shore by the wind or current and forms piles of ice..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Ok what ever it is ?? Its pretty damm cool anyway... Yeah never seen anything like that tho. Mmm we have weird weather here and it seems all over has weird weather...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Crikey.

Wouldn't want to take a leak outside in that weather

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
this is too cool , but after seeing the vid i must say it looks like the ocean is self is not frozen yet when it reaches the shoreline its so cold there that the waves freeze up and turn into ice , never seen it before and i lived in two different countries ........ all tho i ask a more informed member and see what he thinks of this .

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Have seen this many times here in the great lakes, when the slush and ice builds up near the shore and the waves push it onto the shore. Still cool though.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Its just the Iceplates shifting, I would assume its pretty common on the coast, but I'm in Central Canada. I've seen this on a smaller scale, on a large bay. Up in northern Ontario.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hey, i just thought..... maybe i need to get down there and improve my surfing technique........ Should be easier to stand up on a solid wave..

PDUK

new topics

top topics

join