It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US House passes $725bn defense bill

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

US House passes $725bn defense bill

www.presstv.ir

The US House of Representatives has passed a massive $725 billion defense bill, including around $160 billion in funding for the US-led wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
They are firing teachers, cutting spendings from important areas such as education, but continuing their defense budget.

Very interesting, don't you think?

The absurdity that the US totalitarian dictatorship is showing is amazing, and yet people are still quiet about it.

160 billion for two unjustified war, to continue death and blood shed.

WOW.

And

Not to forget the other trillions which was stolen and given to the big corporations.

What is going on?

When are Americans gonna wake up?

Thoughts

oz

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Nice to see welfare is alive and well.

Corporate welfare, that is.

Long live the Military Industrial Complex!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
If I recall, when the old Soviet Union's economy was collapsing didn't they drastically cut their military spending? I can't think of any better time in history that the U.S. should be cutting our defense budget. It's time to bring our young women and men home and start using the U.S. war chest towards improving our economy and creating jobs. We're creating more enemies than friends over seas. Maybe if we would start minding our own business at home, their would be more peace and cooperation throughout the world.

Starting wars just doesn't make sense to me IMO. War is just so primitive. How can this world ever progress to a higher level of thinking and respect for the human race if we continue to act like savages?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Truly bloody amazing... They have people living on the streets, hungry, unemployed, the education systems a joke, elderly and disabled who need help... But does america help them ? No instead they sink billions more into 2 illegal / immoral wars .. an imaginary "war on terror" and strip citizens of their rights... Yep amerika the great cant even take care of its own too drunk with bloodlust slaughtering innocents around the world for freedom and democracy.. Ive got freedom dont need yours and you can keep your corrupt democracy... Amerika the soulless..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The USA has always spent 10x's more a year then the next guy, when i comes to military spending..But it is always those "Evil" social programs that get the repubs bent out of shape, when it comes time to cut. But i understand, because when it comes to .gov spending, and the fact that 25-30% of GDP is depending on it, it makes no difference what it is spent on. If it it gets cut it equates to = Unemployemnet.

Thats the facts. .Gov has just become WAY to big of an employer..Any cuts to anything just = unemployment.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is for your security folks.

If you're against spending nearly 1 trillion on your securty, then you must not want security.

You must not want to be secure, which means you're against security, right?

Well, if you're against security, then you must be pro-violence. You must be a terrorist if you're against this spending.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What i am saying is..IF defence spending is cut by say $250 billon a year, it would just create even more unemployment...Unless the same amount is then spent on social programs..

.gov got too big for it's own good, and any way you slice it, we are due for some pain..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

funny.. dripping wist sarcasm funny..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
This is for your security folks.

If you're against spending nearly 1 trillion on your securty, then you must not want security.

You must not want to be secure, which means you're against security, right?

Well, if you're against security, then you must be pro-violence. You must be a terrorist if you're against this spending.

Is the above sarcasm or are you serious?

Do you think US needs more defense budget than the whole world's defense budget combined?

Are you kidding me?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well then, The US House of Representatives must also have agreed to lift the US debt because the US certainly hasn't got the money in the bank to pay for this..

Ben, fire up the presses mate..!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Holy crap.

And I thought Canada's $20billion defense budget was way too much.

Honestly though, I'm not at all surprised.
America crumbles from within, and while it does, it spends every last gasp of fresh air it has on funding wars and military expansion.

Honestly... how come there aren't people marching in the streets right now demanding a change?
This budget is so ridiculous that it is comical!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Holy crap.

And I thought Canada's $20billion defense budget was way too much.

Honestly though, I'm not at all surprised.
America crumbles from within, and while it does, it spends every last gasp of fresh air it has on funding wars and military expansion.

Honestly... how come there aren't people marching in the streets right now demanding a change?
This budget is so ridiculous that it is comical!

Because
US arrests over 135 anti-war protesters

Some 135 anti-war protesters have been arrested in front of the White House in one of the largest mass detentions in the United States.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

From your link..

"We will continue to do everything in our power to ensure the security and safety of the American people," Obama added.

I just wonder how Obama thinks killing more civilians and therefore p'ing off more people will make those in the US safer...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Say what you want about the banker bailout, but at least they aren't using it for mass murder.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I voted for the Guy(Obama) and i am fed up, along with others i know. I mean classifying soldiers as "Peace Keepers" In Iraq so that he can pretend to keep his promise as a "Anti war" candidate is #ing sick..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
No worries, just keep cranking out American idols, Monday night football and Iphone apps and we're all docile as sheep... =]

I think one day the majority of people will snap out of it and wonder when it all went wrong.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomadmonkey
reply to post by backinblack

I voted for the Guy(Obama) and i am fed up, along with others i know. I mean classifying soldiers as "Peace Keepers" In Iraq so that he can pretend to keep his promise as a "Anti war" candidate is #ing sick..

Yes, along with saying.
I will bring all the troops home, but first I'm going to send an EXTRA 30,000 over there...

What a flippin joke..And the sheeple buy that???

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
They're completely repressing any sort of clamor for reform. The hippie anti-war movement of the 60's managed to put a pinhole in the balloon to ease pressure and progress the nation back into sanity.

This isn't happening now. Both democrats and republicans are completely oppressing any chance for representation. It is getting bad folks, really bad. Europe is rioting everywhere at the moment, and I can just feel the US is begging for some huge civil unrest event.

Every federal and police agency in the United States is armed to the teeth with urban assault gear, like no other country on Earth, and they are all aggressive and blood-thirsty. If anything goes down, it will be sickeningly awful.

Either people finally go ballistic and hit the streets, or this country will go into complete and utter collapse. This nation will fall apart.

I don't know about this one.

The people that claim this is all fear-mongering are the people "okay" with a police-state affair. The types who cheer for torture and hyper-capitalism, etc. So, if that's the only criticism of statements like mine, then I fear we may really be in trouble, as there is a giant rift in the population.

Also, how does one of the largest detainment round-ups in US history not make the news? Anyone.. anyone..

edit on 17-12-2010 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

This is typical fear mongering. Security???? How many weapons do you need to secure a country that is boarded east and west by two oceans, and friends to the north and south? IMO, security means protecting a countries mainland. But if you're talking about security of our ever expanding military in other parts of the world, you shouldn't expect tax payers to foot the bill for extra security costs because of its selfish interests. If the neocons want to send our troops in other countries backyards to agitate and start wars than let them pay for it out of their own pockets!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join