It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are your ears ringing ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hello, I was just wondered if anyone else was experiencing ringing ears recently ? I have been noticing this on and off for a few months now, I have even spoke to others who have also been experiencing it. It can happen any time, I could just be sitting their then suddenly out of nowhere i will experience an intense ringing sound, usually in 1 ear that lasts roughly about 10 seconds, although sometimes longer.
I wondered if it was just a problem with me, until I heard of others experiencing it, that got me curious.
I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this, or just to get anyone's thoughts on it.
thank you.

steve.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I notice it at times. It could be tinnitus, which is damage to the small hairs in the ears. Can seem more noticable when it is very quite. Can tend to get louder as you get older as well. Generally caused from too much loud music, industrial noise or constantly wearing ear phone. Not much you can do about it, that I know of.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hundredreas0ns

I used to get the exact thing you are describing in my teen years fairly often. I get it very rarely now. When I got it it usually came right before migraine aura (Scintillating scotoma). You can read up on migraine aura here at wikipedia.com.

I do not know if this is connected with what you experience. I am sure there are many other things that can cause the ringing you are experiencing. I have also heard many people talk about it over the years. And they each had a different reason as for why they thought it was happening.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yes this has been happening frequently and it's really annoying.. I don't have tinnitus so IDK what it is. I keep checking to see if its emanating from an electronic in my house but I haven't found it...

btw not that it matters...my name is steve also lol
edit on 17-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Actually yes they are. Damn odd you should ask.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Same here, for about 6 months for me, I find I can tune in to it at any time, in other words, they are constantly ringing, but sometimes I get exactly what you stated, A very loud ring in one ear for about 10 seconds, and then it's gone...it's weird, I went to my ENT doc, and they sent me to the audiologist, and they can't find anything wrong....I am a computer guy, never been around anything loud all my life (cept my wife lol) and I don't use headphones....It's seriously got me stumped

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
thanks for your reply's everyone, yeah it kind of baffles me, i wonder if its some kind of electronic interference or something of that nature, who knows. i should try and record the time it happens and see if anything out of the norm is happening at that time. maybe im looking too much into what it could be, but im very curious about it, maybe HAARP is messing with our ears lol.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
There are a lot of causes for ringing in the ear. tinnitus being the the main. One of the most over looked cause is high blood pressure. This is the most serious of causes and should be checked out by a Doctor.
Here is a website that lists most of the causes.

www.mamashealth.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I've had ringing in my ears, I found if some one has a tv on is when it starts. I also found on my pain killers it gets worse, but that's because my blood pressure gets messed up and my ear drums are way more sensitive.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
yes it is very odd, thanks for your reply, and nice to meet you.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

yes it is very odd, thanks for your reply, and nice to meet you.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I also have been having this for a couple of months now. What is really odd is that I do have tinnitus, that ringing is a lower pitch than the recent ringing that I have been hearing. Also, I can hear higher pitch sounds lately. My wife downloaded an app on her phone for dogs, it produces 22 khz. She can not hear it, but it annoys the living bejebus out of me.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My ears ring now and then. Have for most of my life. I haven't noticed a recent increase though.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

i get the same thing, when i was younger it seemed to come from t.v's and stuff (i could hear them buzzing when they were on stand by) but now i still hear it even if everything electrical is turned off. its hard to explain the sound but its constant and high pichted and has almost a pulse to it every second or so.The closest i can describe it to is a jet taxiing on the run way.

can u try and describe the noise you hear more? then we can sort of see if its the same sound or not!

(p.s sorry if anythings not right about this post its my first ever)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
When my ringing happens it's usually in one ear. I get complete silence for a few seconds and then a medium pitched hum. It eventually goes away, I don't usually notice exactly when.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I get it once in a while, and I don't have tinnitus either, and I have been noticing it a lot more lately than I used to. It only lasts for a matter of seconds. Sometimes I'll hear a low hum instead, like the opposite of the high pitched ringing. I've also noticed a few threads posted on this topic recently.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by z1ppo45

i get the same thing, when i was younger it seemed to come from t.v's and stuff (i could hear them buzzing when they were on stand by) but now i still hear it even if everything electrical is turned off. its hard to explain the sound but its constant and high pichted and has almost a pulse to it every second or so.The closest i can describe it to is a jet taxiing on the run way.

can u try and describe the noise you hear more? then we can sort of see if its the same sound or not!

(p.s sorry if anythings not right about this post its my first ever)

Yeah it's usually in one ear and its an extremely high pitch sound.

First i feel like my ear is closing, and I can't hear as good and then the high pitch ring starts. It happens at random times. I wish I could describe the ring better but it's pretty straight forward...kinda sound like a super sonic high pitch ring.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I now exactly what you are talking about. I have had this since all those loud noises in S.E. Asia.

I once worked at a firm which required employees to take an annual hearing test.
During the first test, I had a hard time trying to figure out which noise was their's and which was mine.

If you waht to experience something really annoying just wait until some of these sounds are "off key".
Sometimes the ringing change pitch and even seem to waver between pitches.

new topics

top topics

join