It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the tired folks care to try an experiment?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Okay... I said I would post results in a week... but I am so darned excited that I am posting now... what is officially "day one".

I did end up having coconut cream last night. My can of coconut milk had separated and solidified... so I had about 1/3 can of coconut water and 2/3 can cream and oil. I ate three big tablespoons of the cream and oil stuff... I guess just one would have been fine, but it was really yummy!

For the first night in almost six months I lay down last night and simply fell asleep. No playing on my phone, no reading, no half-hearted attempts at self hypnosis, no racing thoughts. Just slept.

This morning, I woke up at 7am. No alarm clock (subsequently no SNOOZE!). I got up and I had my day. A pretty good day as far as mood and emotion were concerned, as well.

I oil pulled coconut oil this evening (didn't have it yet first thing this morning) and have eaten another two hefty tablespoons of cream.

I'm just excited. Even if it is psychosomatic, I don't care. Day one has equalled results.

I'll keep things "documented" at home and update again in a week (I'll try really hard this time)... and I'll note if today was just a fluke.

Many thanks! It is yummy and it seems to work as of today any way. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HeartlandHijab

you aren't alone.

another person, one of the girls at white castle I talked into trying it, said the same thing, but she got energy too.

so good news, good to hear.

keep us informed

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
yikes!!!!!

is this it?

I guess I knew not many would pay attention,
but I hoped that more would stop by....

I'll try bumping it another time then...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This certainly seems interesting. I could use the oral hygiene effect so I'll be looking for that. I'll pick some up tomorrow and "swish" with it tomorrow night. I'll keep you posted on the effects.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Acedrew89

thanks for popping by acedrew

just remember your best benefits will be with coconut oil... a solid at room temperature, but it melts in your mouth very fast.

alternatives just for oral health and bateria scavenging, would be sesame....but there are no known energy benefits, just a reminder.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I read about oil pulling about a week and a half ago and was amazed by the success people were getting so I decided to start right away!!

Couldn't believe the result I got the first time I tried it...
My nose was completely cleared of mucus.
My cold was gone.
So much energy and absolutely great mood.
I still felt though that my mouth was covered with oil and couldn't get rid of it even with brushing.

A week and a half later.. My left nick lymph got swollen and it was annoying. My body felt sour like the feeling you get a day after exercising but I figured it's the detoxing effect?

So far the results are:
Been coughing out phlegm every time I wake up ( I read somewhere that it gets stored in the lungs and if u don't get it out it acts like poison).
Mind is clear, mood is fantastic that I feel high sometimes LOL.
Sleeping like a baby without waking up (I suffered from insomnia before Oil Pilling).
SOOO MUUUCCHHH ENERGY!!
The strangest thing I experienced is that I no longer need to wear glasses to watch TV. My eyesight is getting better, not completely healed but getting better.
New healthy glow to my skin and feels smoother.
Teeth are getting whiter and firmer.

What I did to get red of the oil after taste is gargle with sea salt solution and then brush my teeth with bicarbonate of soda. Leaves my mouth fresh and clean.

Some people experience slow results or no results at all. I don't think it's the the quality or the type of oil. I think it's their state of health.
Aside from detoxing your body you need to follow a healthy life style, eat what is right to help your body heal it's self.

I got the whole family to do it!! I'll also suggest it to everyone I know.

I'll come back and report after a month.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Forgot to mention that I swish with one tbl spoon of sesame oil, 3 times a day for 20 minutes.

Aside from health benefits it actually teaches you self discipline (not eating for 4 hours before swishing), patience (swishing for 20 long minutes), and commitment.

S&F for you my friend.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sallamy

energy from sesame oil?

I guess we'll take it wherever we can get it

perhaps....you just scavenged out enuf bacteria that was sapping your energy?

because sesame is not a medium chain fatty acid like palm or coconut is.

so I can only speculate as to the why

I'm not less happy for you, just a bit confused...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by toasted

Just a few comments.

I went on a low carb, low salt diet a few years ago with very good results. The blood pressure nose dived, no more nightly reflux and my energy climbed.

A low fat/high carb (pasta, potatoes and bread) diet over the long term is very bad for you. If you cut all fat out of your diet you will die. They used to call it rabbit starvation because rabbit meat has no fat. That is why Indians carried Pemmican instead of just jerky.

The oil you are adding to your diet may be the fat your body needs if you have been following the current no fat fads

it sounds like you went on a version of the low glycemic index type foods

I think most of us can get good results from following that.

I wasn't really paying attention to that part, cuz I was so excited about getting my energy back, I started making fresh hashbrowns at home then a baked potato when I went out insted of fried mushrooms....then gained 5 lbs!!!!

so, hashbrowns once or twice a week and no baked potato with my burger.....I already tossed the cold breakfast cereal, but messed up thinking the fresh hashbrowns/and baked potato would be a good choice....not even thinking about how high it was on that index [ the worst ]...so, it was only 5 pounds, I'm just regrouping again.

thanks for popping in

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Hi. Well, I am on day 3 and reporting (no noticeable changes) in energy level, thus far. Not sure if it's because the additional oil isn't really needed (as I do try to maintain a balanced diet) or if 1x at night is not enough, or if I am not doing it long enough. Hmmmmm. What is the average time that people are spending actively pulling the oil?

edit on 27-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by toasted

Hi. Well, I am on day 3 and reporting (no noticeable changes) in energy level, thus far. Not sure if it's because the additional oil isn't really needed (as I do try to maintain a balanced diet) or if 1x at night is not enough, or if I am not doing it long enough. Hmmmmm. What is the average time that people are spending actively pulling the oil?

edit on 27-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

you should have noticed a pink tongue and clean mouth etc

you should pull for at least 5-10min

you didn't mention which oil you used?

and if you are reasonably healthy, you should feel more energy pretty soon
if you are using coconut oil as I suggested...I'm a bit surprised you haven't felt
an energy boost by now, so you could eat a tsp full before bed to help the process along, and...see how you feel the next day

I reco'd a guy with type 2 diabetes and it helped him...so I know it can work....
I just don't know your condition so, I'm struggling

post back after eating the coconut oil....a cpl days should do it...providing you don't feel too energetic now

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
well.....I tried and tried, but the interest is just not there....yet.

I guess folks are just too busy with other things.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sallamy

congrats on the successes

always great to hear good results

and thx for sharing with others

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sallamy
Forgot to mention that I swish with one tbl spoon of sesame oil, 3 times a day for 20 minutes.

Aside from health benefits it actually teaches you self discipline (not eating for 4 hours before swishing), patience (swishing for 20 long minutes), and commitment.

S&F for you my friend.

Well thankyou, for piping up with your story. I hope people will check it out.

It's been a while since I posted here last. But and I may be repeating myself....but I've come to believe, the oil just removes the excess bacteria. Sesame is particularly good for that. You may wish to switch to coconut oil, like NUTIVA or EFA gold, because they are delicious, and don't coat your mouth like the sesame will.

We need a medium chain fatty acid for our liver to function properly. So removing the excess bacteria on the one hand with swishing the oil around, then actually eating either the oil, yes by the spoonful, or eating MANNA [ by nutive ] it is quite tasty, followed up by a spoon of firm raw honey is a healthy treat for the tongue while also feeding the liver. WIN-WIN

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I am one of those odd people I guess. I have trouble sleeping, in that it affects how tired I feel (or at least before taking melatonin, valerian root, and skull cap). I still wake up from time to tame and on some days feel tired still, though I do feel much better.

As I am getting older I am starting to feel drained in the afternoons on my days off and find myself dozing off if I am sitting on the couch.

I believe I will on my next day off go to the natural foods store here in town (where I get all my herbs and vitamins) and pick some of this stuff up and give it a try.

Raist

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Ok it has been a couple months under three years and I thought I would give an update. Generally Oil pulling does not affect my headaches, skin, and a lot of other things. What it does do is keep my sinus unblocked, and my teeth in a completely different level of health. I noticed early on that my teeth were firmer and my gum had turned pink. Dentist checkups show that my pockets that were 5-7 are 1-2 now. Ok I did have two 3s. Bad breath is gone. (this had been a problem I fought every day for many years). Also the white on my tongue has disappeared so no more need to tongue scraping.
My wife has had problems with her teeth for a long as I have known her. Recently she had to have here roots scraped. She had one side (two quadrants) done first and the other side done about three weeks later. The first one she was on soup for a week before she could get back on regular food. When she had the other side done she finally gave in and oil pulled afterwards. The next day after that she was back on regular food.
Bottom line is that I have been oil pulling with coconut oil and the results for me have been so good that I will not go back.

edit on 14/9/13 by remembering because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This sounds worth trying,my hubby and I are tired most of the time,downright exhausted often.We battle to get quality sleep too,and the diet is not up to scratch,I am going to have to get our veg garden up+running again,been preaching that to others but neglected my own!That is my 1st priority for summer(I'm in southern hemi) for health benefits+just because I love veggies+there's the big financial saving too.So I will add this advice to yours-eat a lot of veggies.

Here's one question to make sure I get the correct "format" of coconut oil
ne can not use the cheap coconut oil sold at the chemist,and used for hair,etc? It has to be from a health shop,and a more natural form? Well I guess our local chemist can order the coconut cream/oil.
This is worth trying,I don't see what one stands to lose.S+f.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I use Nutiva Extra Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil Organic. It is costly (around 30$ us). But it is 54 fl oz so it does last a few months.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I stumbled across this while looking through some other health related sites and figured that it had been covered on ATS. I'm glad to see that the reviews are exactly the same with people doing better for OP. I will be starting up this evening as soon as I get home tonight.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It has been a few months now QuietSpeech. How has it been doing? I just wanted to know a little feedback.

QuietSpeech
I stumbled across this while looking through some other health related sites and figured that it had been covered on ATS. I'm glad to see that the reviews are exactly the same with people doing better for OP. I will be starting up this evening as soon as I get home tonight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join