Would the tired folks care to try an experiment?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The objective is to get your energy back! There are a cpl threads around here on how tired folks are etc so I thought this would at least be of some interest to them folks.

You'll have to commit to taking something as harmless as chicken soup for the experiment and do it for a few days.

Allow me to tell you my story. I'm 59 and have been struggling with a loss of energy and libido for a while.

I found two things that helped, one was a pill, the other was coconut oil! Just a few short weeks ago, I read some info on oil pulling and decided to try it just to see what would happen. I first tried olive oil, but settled on coconut oil and found out any vegetable oil will work for pulling [ which is just excising excess bacteria from the mouth and gums ] but only coconut oil was a medium chain fatty acid that goes to the liver for energy, but I didn't know this while I was first doing it. About the 2nd day of using the coconut oil, I noticed when I got up, I felt like I had my old energy back and the order of pills to help my body make energy was no longer needed. I know that heart patients put nitroglycerin tablets under the tongue cuz it goes right into the bloodstream....so I figure that's what happened, but I can't prove that's how it happened. I can only testify that it appears to me that that coconut oil is what did the trick! I can't offer any scientific proof. But if there are enuf folks who are really struggling to get going, because they are just plain pooped/tired, and they try this and it works and they post that fact that it helped them, maybe enuf will post to the point of it catching on and helps a bunch of people. That the goal of this post.

I'd like to say that the first thing I noticed was my mouth was clean and fresh and gums were pink and tongue was pink.
Then I noticed the energy increase.
Then I noticed a body odor decrease!
Then my sleep improved

So, there are a cpl ways of doing it....you can skip the pulling...but why? [ you'll have to try it just to see how clean your teeth and mouth feel ] You can just eat the oil, or better yet, coconut cream...it is very tasty. I do both, I oil pull, which is using the oil like a mouth wash, but not gargling with it, just simply ,sucking it between the teeth, then pushing it back, sucking it back thru the teeth then pushing it back thru.

The time goal is 15-20 minutes, but I could only do 5 at first...and now I'm at about 10+ minutes
I do it in the morning before breakfast, then before retiring to bed at night.

www.oilpulling.com...

I own the following two books and highly reco them to anyone getting results from this therapy, so that you better understand the mechanics involved, not to mention the propaganda we were all fed.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1292626632&sr=8-1

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1292626632&sr=8-3

the following two links will challenge popular thinking on certain oils;

www.thescreamonline.com...

www.second-opinions.co.uk...

cheers...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hello Toasted,

Well.I went and looked at the site you linked,Figured that it couldn't hurt,(I was supposed
to go to work this morning but was feeling too tired),I have been like this for a while,tired when
i wake up and ready for a snooze by ten am.

So,Here i am swishing sesame oil around in my mouth,been at it for 5 mins now,strong taste
of sesame,all i need now is to munch on some grated carrot,snow peas,stir fried beef strips and some
rice and dinners done...hehe,

I will give it a go for a few days and see what happens,

Thanks,

Violet.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't think you'll get energy from that sesame, but your teeth and mouth should get pretty clean!

Try the coconut oil as soon as you can...as I'm pretty sure the sesame is not a medium chain fatty acid.

But thanks for giving it a shot....please post updates!..
edit on 17-12-2010 by toasted because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

I have several cans of cocnut cream that I was going to make a panang out of I think I could spare one or two.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
There are a lot of reasons for people being tired and sleepy in the morning.

They go to bed too late. Staying up watching TV.
They cannot relax. Life is hectic in these times.
They may be suffering from the effects of the poisons in the food and water.
How many of you are sleepy when you get back from lunch?
This is a reaction to the MSG in your meal.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Bottled coconut oil, or fresh from a coconut?

Which do you use?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

hahahahaha...

very generous of you

but seriously.....if you are one of the tired ones I'm targeting here, just eat some, but seems to me, if you have that, you've already been eating it! and have no energy issues at all! Am I wrong?

how is your energy?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I use nutiva , already in a jar.

I don't have time to mess with fresh, but that would absolutely be the best!

If you've never heard of it, check out NUTRITION AND DEGENERATION, by Price

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1292638362&sr=1-1

He observed that the typical western diet, gave normal healthy native peoples, modern mans diseases, of tooth decay, heart disease, diabetes, arteriosclerosis, bone deformities, etc etc etc...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

naw ozone

I understand where you're coming from, but this is a separate issue and I personally believe it is mostly of a dietary nature...but I can't prove it.

Hopefully , with some cooperation from some posters, we can see for ourselves what kind of results they are getting.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Hello there Toasted,

I used Sesame cause the site said this-

NOTE: The recommended oils to use are Sunflower Oil, Sesame Oil. We are receiving many emails about which oil to use. Our experience with thousands of people across the globe says USE COLD PRESSED OIL as first choice, if it is not available use REFINED OIL ( which seems to be effective in the process too). We have observed that any oil other than SUNFLOWER or SESAME may not be effective.

and plus i had some but i will descend into the madness that is the Christmas time supermarket tomorrow and grab some coconut oil and give that a go as well,

I gotta say,after this mornings oiling my teeth were way brighter already,I clean them and all(They are usually stained from coffee abuse) but they were whiter than usual,that's a good start

Thanks

Violet.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackViolet

I suspect the swishing of the sesame oil must brighten the teeth in an abraisive sort of way somehow.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Sure I will give it a try. I had never heard of this but now that I have read on it a bit I am willing to give it a go. But I do have a few questions.
1. Why oil. I would seem to me that the saliva and the mouth exercise would me the major helpful components of this. If you spit it out after what does it matter what you do it with? Has anyone ever tried, say chicken soup?
2. Has anyone else notice that the results other than the oral health are very similar to candida cleanse? Maybe this somehow causes your body to eject the yeast.
3. Why do you need to do this on an empty stomach? If you do not swallow there is nothing that will be diluted by other things in you stomach.

I will get some sesame seed oil on my next days off from work and will start the next morning. Whish me luck.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackViolet

Well, that site will only get you so far...the books by dr fife I linked are the real goldmine of info....but see, you did get some success from the sesame on your teeth as I said...this is a good start! ...

If the store has coconut cream or coconut manna, besides the oil try either one, you'll love the flavor.

Remember the experiment is too give the tired folks their energy back and that comes from the coconut oil or cream [ but you have to eat the cream, you can't pull with it. ]

So do post back your results but especially energy related results after you use the coconut oil for a while.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by remembering

REMEMBERING,

well thanks for volunteering, but remember, it's the coconut oil that gives the energy, so get some coconut oil.

ANY oil, wil scavenge bacteria and toxins from your mouth, that's all it is doing...and most of us adults have too much....hence our bleeding gums, and decay etc etc...the oil sticks to the oily body of the bacteria and toxins in your mouth.

Remember your dentist told you bacteria in the mouth can affect you heart!?

The oil pulling with coconut oil is going two things, getting the excess population of bacteria out of your mouth, and that particular oil appears to get absorbed into the bloodstream where it goes to the liver, and not stored as fat.

But we need to spit this stuff out,into the garbage can and not swallow it and recirculate it!..

You need to do it on an empty stomach because just the process of eating will diminish the bacteria population! So you want to scavenge them up first, then eat...then don't forget to brush your teeth.

You should notice on the first pull like voilet did, that your teeth are cleaner, and altho this is a good thing, this experiment is to verify coconut oil gives people their energy back, so please get some coconut oil and report your findings!

thanks!..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Oil pulling - yes, I tried this a few times, but not for energy. Read about it with regards to health of the gums/teeth. If I remember correctly (it was some time ago) I used Sesame Oil (it was thought that Olive Oil may darken/stain the teeth yellow) while Sesame Oil seemed to whiten. I have never heard of this technique associated to energy rejuvenation though - Too bad I don't have a liquid version of Coconut Oil here (I have the solid oil that I use for hair/skin) which I love! Very interesting concept though. I suppose in conjunction with other methods (i.e. proper sleep, diet, etc.) it may have some benefit.

ETA:
Any thoughts on whether this is Coconut Oil specific or would something similar like: Coconut Milk or Coconut Cream also render the same benefit? Has anyone experimented that far, yet?

edit on 19-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Well, there is oil in the milk and cream!

There is lots of online speculation, about which oils do what, but mostly ANY oil can scavenge bacteria with regards to the pulling, but only the coconut oil is a medium chain fatty acid, which gives energy to the liver, aids digestion, promote insulin production...and that's the significant difference.

Since my experience was I got my energy back while just pulling with the coconut oil, and I'm hoping others who are tired, will see this and give it a shot, either by pulling or eating it....it certainly can't hurt them.

Even tho I know it got into my bloodstream from just pulling, I chose to also eat the cream...it's delicious too.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Sweet. Well, very cool topic to bring up. I'm in. This is a good time to experiment with a few things and adding this (as well as dropping the caffeine/coffee for then next few weeks) will be an interesting experiment. I needed a push to take a break from the caffeine consumption anyway, so why not? Lol...

Be back in a week or two...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Just a few comments.

I went on a low carb, low salt diet a few years ago with very good results. The blood pressure nose dived, no more nightly reflux and my energy climbed.

A low fat/high carb (pasta, potatoes and bread) diet over the long term is very bad for you. If you cut all fat out of your diet you will die. They used to call it rabbit starvation because rabbit meat has no fat. That is why Indians carried Pemmican instead of just jerky.

The oil you are adding to your diet may be the fat your body needs if you have been following the current no fat fads

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Thanks for your comments. I hope you went to the unhealthy oils link and the fat and cancer link....there's a lot of food for thought there.

I agree that we need fats in our diets, but most of us, don't bother to investigate deep enuf. we have the standard propaganda memorized, but that's it [ if it was so great, there would be less people with problems and not more ] much of our so-called safe oils are going rancid in our bloodstream.....doing all kinds of damage and degeneration to our bodies and nuking our energy levels too....not cool at all....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Okay I'm gonna try your little experiment cant hurt and I've been pretty lethargic lately. So I went and bought some coconut oil,it wasnt oil had more the consistancy of a wax,heated it up and made about five minutes of pulling. Will do again tonight,so how long before you began to notice results? Also what kind of pill are you taking? Is this something you just started taking?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join