It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huntsville Police, FBI Investigate White Powdery Substance Found at Federal Courthouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Huntsville Police, FBI Investigate White Powdery Substance Found at Federal Courthouse

www.whnt.com

Huntsville Police, the FBI, and the Huntsville Fire Department have closed some roads near the federal courthouse downtown. HAZMAT teams are investigating a suspicious white powder that was found in an envelope.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.waff.com

edit on Fri, 17 Dec 2010 14:11:39 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well, we've had so many of these Suspicious powder stories, I really didn't even want to post this. But I've now read they apparently have two people being treated at a local hospital for some type of burns. So this may (or may not) add to the validity of the story. I post merely to see if any other facilities are having the same type of threat.

www.whnt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-12-2010 by 1curious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

WHNT NEWS 19 has a crew on the scene. One person was taken to Huntsville Hospital after suffering some type of burns. HEMSI was called to the scene again to treat a second patient. Someone found the envelope around noon Friday. The HAZMAT team has isolate the envelope and it's now in a lined trash can. They have not said what the substance is, but are taking extreme precautions with it.

Wow
I hope the burns arent serious but thats pretty scary.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

White powder incident, with injuries is definitely significant!! This is no "baby powder" incident. Likewise it is not Anthrax. It has to be some caustic chemical to cause immediate burns. Low-tech, rather than bio in nature.

Now we have to wait and see if anyone takes credit, and if there was a specific target.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Someone is trying to get there court case postponed most likely.

Probably want to stay home for the holidays.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I have since read a local reporters FB post that one of the victims "walked" to ambulance. That's got to be a good sign and secondly, that most emergency vehicles have left the scene with the exception of investigators that are still inside.

So hopefully, not the real deal.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hmm wonder what it is. Certainly not anthrax if it burns (good call changing to the non sensationalist headline).
Dunno could be a lot of stuff. Lye maybe, who knows.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

www.whnt.com...

Preliminary test say it's not harmful.

My apologies for the "Sensationalist" headline. My intention was to grab the attention of any other towns that may have been undergoing similar incidents, not to upset the Mods or the masses. Good Friday to you!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I wasn't able to start a new topic because this is my first post.
It is about the Anthrax Killer. If anyone would like to, feel free to take this news and post it up front. I am not here to support an ego. I am here to get the news out and about, here to express my thoughts, and read those thoughts of others.

I was just listening to a podcast from 2008 with Marrs. Just wondered if he knew this new news.
This is a must read, IMHO.

gsn.nti.org...
FBI Wants Anthrax Attacks Report Postponed (Friday, Dec. 10, 2010)
Representative Rush Holt (D-N.J.) in a letter to FBI Director Robert Mueller said the request suggests the bureau “may be seeking to try to steer or otherwise pressure” the National Academy of Sciences panel preparing the report “to reach a conclusion desired by the bureau.
and www.thesunnews.com...

edit on 17-12-2010 by twelvepackterry because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2010 by twelvepackterry because: I wanted to put the date in.

new topics

top topics

join