It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 injured in Japan knife rampage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3warped3
reply to post by FarArcher

I agree. But it also in a way symbolizes the loneliness of some people, that although they want to commit suicide (an obviously solo act), they don't want to do it alone.
There are also suicide groups created via messaging on the internet, where a group of people will agree to meet and commit suicide together.
Is this a result of the increasing isolation due to instant messaging instead of face to face communication?

It is related to communication.

Some people isolate themselves, for what ever reason, that isolation could potentially make you mentally unstable.

Human beings are social creatures and have to socialize, without socializing they will be severely effected mentally, which usually leads to suicide.

I actually have been there, but my isolation was due to language barrier when I just arrived in NZ.

It was a horrific experience, and worse because of my isolation in the wider world, I isolated myself inside my house also.

Until high school which changed me a lot when I became more accustom with the language and culture.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I think this could be a form of retaliation......Why? I guess we can never know. A large majority of suicides in Japan are committed due to lack of funds, People aged 19 and younger mainly kill themselves over health or school problems, people in their 40s due to economic woes, and seniors because of health problems, police statistics suggest. Then you have clowns like Wataru Tsurumi writing suicide manuals.

Could there be a link between the two? Could the individuals be terrified by the idea of taking their own lives? Does this encourage them to take the lives of others? Particularly helpless people?

In my opinion i think the individuals do this in an attempt to get killed rather then kill themselves. What if they are asking for the death sentence? So many questions with very few answers.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Pardon my arrogance, but OP, from the things you're saying, it seems you're not very aware of the lives people are living outside your own country... If you did some research, rather than just pointing out silly theories about nuclear waste, you'll find many other much more plausible factors for why there are so many suicides/killing sprees in Japan.

Also, have you ever been to Belarus? Or any other Eastern European post comunist country, for that matter?

Not everything is a conspiracy theory. And not everyone in the world is enjoying a life they wanted. And, unfortunately, too many of these people aren't stable enough to hold the ends together, and at a time, they simply snap.

In the end of the day, thirteen people got injured and how many died, and all you do is speculate whether the cause for these statistics is nuclear waste. That's the problem, you see numbers, I see people. And that's why I don't give a damn about nuclear waste (as I'm sure, this is not a factor AT ALL).

p.s. the fact that I see you parroting the US Collapse prediction below your username, actually gives me a clue whether you like to do your homework or not... not that I won't like it if that happened, but it just won't, since all of those predictions were a hoax, proven to originate in Russia (and not from Vanga at all)... But that's a whole different topic and i don't wanna get started yet again
edit on 17-12-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: p.s.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0

, I see people. And that's why I don't give a damn about nuclear waste (as I'm sure, this is not a factor AT ALL).
edit on 17-12-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

So you based your whole post based on what?

I also see people, but I also see that many people around the world are living in a much more inhospitable environments, yet suicide rates in those countries are much more lower.

Japan is one of the world's most successful places. Get it?

And I'm sure Belarus is not as bad as Africa

I have been through depression and I know what I'm talking about, I see the human side of the issue.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
That's the problem, mate, you intend to ignore the SOCIAL DIFFERENCE that occurs in different countries. The psychology of the people, the environment in which they grow, the food they eat and the television bs they watch. Because I can assure you, Belarus isn't worse in overall than Africa. But have you considered that African people are much more different in psychology than Belarusian?

This is my point - you forget the people not as such, I didn't make myself clear obviously, you forget them as in terms in PSYCHOLOGICAL DIFFERENCIES.

OK, for the record, I come from a very small town, I knew very well 7 people who commited suicide. YOUNG people. And I knew more than 10 other people remotely, that also commited suicide. And they are not the only cases in a town of 20 thousand. And it's much better than Africa, my hometown, yes. Yet, there are so many people there that committed suicide and these stats actually aren't tending to be changing. And I know some of the reasons those people lost it. And I've already pointed them out in my previous post (as well as additions in this one).

Now do you catch my drift?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

If you don't know something for certain, then please take all possibilities in to consideration.

Maybe they became mentally ill due to the contamination of the land which they are living in.

Get it?

There is a huge coincidence here, that both Belarus and Japan have contamination, and somehow they both have the highest rate of suicide.

The above possibility can't be taken out of consideration.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Japan is one of the world's most successful places. Get it?

Exactly! What makes you think success is happiness? Don't you know that everyone wants what they don't have? Have you considered the conditions kids in Japan grow up? And I don't mean wealth, money, luxury, food, clothes, etc... I mean culturally.

I actually love Japan, it's one of the countries that has always fascinated me and will continue to do so. However, because of my interest and from aside perspective I have a few good ideas why those people snap. Please, do educate yourself more on the topic, cause it surely is an amazing country. I am sure that after a day or two of getting closer to the culture and life Japanese people are living, you will start seeing some of the causes for these stats!

Cheers and have a nice day!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

reply to post by ch1n1t0

Maybe they became mentally ill due to the contamination of the land which they are living in.

I understood your idea from the begining! And it is possible and might be a factor for example, for Belarus. It actually IS a factor, but not as contamination and mental illnesses resulting from it, rather than as a result from the contamination on a social level and in the quality of life of people.

But does that mean that I too am living on contaminated land at my hometown? Well, it's not that clean, but contaminated is a little too much. Does that mean that Serbian people, for example, live on contaminated land? And they're some crazy mofos in general and believe me, there are thousands of stories that every single one would amaze you!!! (although, they are very REAL and cool people!)

My point is this - it's more on a social and psychological level, rather than caused by nuclear waste and contamination. My experience tells me the first is quite more likely

However, you have some correct points overall, don't get me wrong! Only that you're mistaking about Japan and Belarus

Cheers and I'm off
edit on 17-12-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

cheers

good day

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Sorry to say, but to blame contamination would be difficult. First, if you want to blame contamination, you would have to prove that the area where the events occurred is contaminated. The area where the event occurred this time is somewhere around 550 miles/885km away from Hiroshima, and Nagasaki is even further. So the contamination from the nuclear blasts would be negligible.
Secondly, if you want to blame contamination, then there should be a correlation between suicide rates and distance from the blasts. This does not appear to be the case at all.
Survivors of Hiroshima actually tend to want to hold onto their lives more than the average person. It is always moving to see them being interviewed every year when the blasts are remembered.

Regarding the success of Japan, it depends greatly on how you measure "success". In monetary terms, Japan is successful if you look at the companies. If you look at the average citizen, success in monetary terms is much much lower. And there is the constant push to buy the latest, buy the most expensive, buy the highest quality. I've picked up perfectly good stereos that were thrown out here simply because they were a couple of years old. Trying to keep up with the neighbors in every aspect is exceedingly stressful; I don't even try. In terms of happiness, I've actually seen that people in less economically successful countries are often happier, simply because there is not so much stress.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Similar events are happening everywhere in the world, like here in France. Some people go berserk for no or weird reasons. its amazing how accurate that guy predicted it. (incapabledesetaire(dot)com) According to him, what's happening now is a "vital crisis" which is a series of behaviour changes (from suicide to murder) caused by an outburst of cosmic energy on the Earth. The reason is "planetary alignments". These trigger tremendous waves of energy that will affect everything within the alignment. Behaviour, health and climate. I recommend to read him because it is serious stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by ch1n1t0

If you don't know something for certain, then please take all possibilities in to consideration.

Get it?

Or they, due to social, economic, biological and or neurological issues are either wired differently or simply straight out nuts. They Kill people. It does happen. No one has to go looking for ghosts in closets in order to figure out that some humans are just different for whatever reasons.

As far as suicides go, Japan is an Asian country. Modern Japan is very stressful and highly competitive. They traditionally uphold honor above all other forms of virtue. Often when a teenager doesn't achieve a A+++ score on a test but simply an A++ while his or her classmates scored higher it is deemed as a failure. [Unlike here in the west where parents would love a straight A student.]

They often feel [Falsely IMO] that because of that they have dishonored themselves and their family and will never achieve their career goals and thus their lives are ruined.

As far as somebody going on a rampage killing people.

Let's get real here, it happens all over the world and it doesn't have anything to do with Nukes.

China's school killings blamed on social tension

A spate of recent killings at primary schools in China can be blamed on deep-seated social tensions, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao says.

The premier's comments, made Friday during an interview with Hong Kong's Phoenix Television, are the first official suggestion that the killings aren't simply the acts of deranged men.

Fifteen children have been killed and 80 others injured by men armed with cleavers, hammers or knives on five occasions since March.

Another slaughter in Chinese school

BEIJING: A man hacked to death seven children and their teacher with a kitchen cleaver yesterday, in China's latest bloody schoolyard rampage.

It was the eighth brutal attack on children in 10 weeks, spreading panic among China's predominantly one-child families and further fuelling debate about the country's social ills and lack of release valves for social pressure.

9 slaughtered in Chinese school, killer commits suicide

BEIJING: Yet another deadly "social revenge" attack on Wednesday shook China when a person armed with a kitchen cleaver slaughtered seven children, their teacher and her 80-year-old mother at a kindergarten school before killing himself in a northwestern village of the country.

The deadly rampage took place at about 8 am (local time) at the privately-run kindergarten in Linchang Village in the Shaanxi province when 48-year-old villager Wu Huanming, who apparently owned the school building, barged inside started hacking children.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Now why is that? Could it be some sociological/psychological problem?

I'm just saying that this is interesting because massacres aren't about guns, it's about the people behind them, so people need to stop blaming and limiting civilian ownership of guns because it has nothing to do with random massacres.

EXACTLY!

People kill people, be it with guns, knives or their fists.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

It's not just about defeat..

Failing to do something can be considered a dishonor to your family.

Failing a math class even.. It's largely to do with stress though, Japanese culture is much more stressed to succeed in everything they do than American's are.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Never ceases to amaze me how many people confuse Japanese culture with Klingon culture.

Seriously, all this talk about ritual suicide because people have brought dishonour on their families - that's Trek, not Japan. Where do you people get this stuff?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What makes me laugh is the way people look for reasons behind killings etc.. They need to find a meaning so a solution can be found. Ban guns,knives etc.. anything to make the problems go away. the fact is that there are Billions of people in the world, so would it be too much to imagine out of all those people there are going to be a few that are mentally unstable ? I mean some people have short tempers, some people are manic depressives, some people cant control the amount of food they eat etc, etc... As far as i can see this is just part of life, it just is. Nowadays we have media from all over the globe putting news out for the whole world to see. People look at it and think things are bad, but in reality does anyone think think things were different 100, 1000, 10000 years ago ? I doubt it very much. People are individuals, no two of us the same, we have behaved the same way forever.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Maybe another way for asia to reduce its population. They can't build up forever.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZELDAR

There is always somebody in the crowd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join