It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 injured in Japan knife rampage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

13 injured in Japan knife rampage

presstv.com

An unemployed man in Japan has been arrested after stabbing 13 people in a city northeast of the Japanese capital, Tokyo.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What do you think drove this person to go around stabbing people?

More and more such cases are popping out.

For example such incidents in China and US.

In China children were killed for apparently no reason.

In US University students were killed for apparently no reason.

What's going on?

What could be the reasoning behind the increase in such random attacks.

Thoughts

oz

presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You know what I notice?

That in such a country as Japan, with extreme gun control, there still manages to be massacres there with other weapons.

Now why is that? Could it be some sociological/psychological problem?

I'm just saying that this is interesting because massacres aren't about guns, it's about the people behind them, so people need to stop blaming and limiting civilian ownership of guns because it has nothing to do with random massacres.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
"What could be the reasoning behind the increase in such random attacks."

instant news

crazy things have always happened

since everyone can know about it in minutes makes it seem more frequent

done

be good

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You see?

When you allow knives, then you forfeit your safety and forever will be held hostage to the violence and danger that knives contain. Knives are dangerous. They're sharp. They have points.

There can be no justifiable reason for the possession of knives, in spite of being the home of the Ginsu serrated cheap set.

Can't the Japanese culture register these things if they can't get them off the street?

No one should own a knife, as they have no useful purpose, and can only be used to kill people.

Japanese! Their violent culture has ever been associated with blades. Samurai carried samurai swords, and Ninjas, unable to afford the really good, longer samurai swords had to use cheaper, made in China models.

Such a violent culture and this mass murder attempt is just another symptom of knife fanatics.

Damn them! Knives!

Terrible weapons!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
"What could be the reasoning behind the increase in such random attacks."

instant news

crazy things have always happened

since everyone can know about it in minutes makes it seem more frequent

done

be good

So you are saying it hasn't increased?

good point regarding instant news though.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You know I'd like to ask something of our members on ATS.

Can we please, please, please, please and please NOT make this a cheap political point to make about gun rights. We've seen this a 1000 times on ATS, it only makes bickering, producing no useful conversation and ruins the communities opinion of gun rights supporters here on ATS.

That said. I do wonder what drives a person to commit these types of violence.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

It makes you wonder.

I like to think about the least probably causes, hence Bio Weapon testing, or maybe Nukes effecting people.

I have already proved there is a connection between Nukes and suicide, hence Japan and Belarus has the world's highest suicide, and both countries have had nuclear explosions and contaminations.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Japanese are suicidal by their culture, not because of nukes.

Ritualistic suicide has been committed by many people over Japans history.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by oozyism

Japanese are suicidal by their culture, not because of nukes.

Ritualistic suicide has been committed by many people over Japans history.

Ritual suicide is much different than the suicide we are seeing in Japan.

And

Is it a coincidence that both Belarus and Japan is number 1 and number 2 in suicide statistics?

99% of Belarus's land was contaminated by a nuclear explosion, maybe that is why it is number 1.

Then again, coincidences do exist here and there.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

It's only different in how it's done.

Not for it's reasons. They are still killing themselves because they feel the failed in something.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by Miraj

It makes you wonder.

I like to think about the least probably causes, hence Bio Weapon testing, or maybe Nukes effecting people.

I have already proved there is a connection between Nukes and suicide, hence Japan and Belarus has the world's highest suicide, and both countries have had nuclear explosions and contaminations.

Your conclusion is ignorant to say the least. Have you ever read about Japanese culture/honor?

Wikipedia.org - Seppuku

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
One thing the original article does not mention, but Japanese news did, is that the reason for the attack is that he wanted to end his life. In other words, he attacked people hoping that the state would put him to death. This has been a repeating theme on mass attacks in Japan over the last several years, and is a break with the tradition (which I don't agree with in any way) that suicide is honorable. He seems to be seeking revenge on the state, blaming them for his current situation of failure. Personally, attacking the state rather than middle- and high-school kids on a city bus would be more appropriate.
Regarding regulation of knives, they have implemented regulations that prohibit carrying knives with blades over a certain length or the sales of knives with a certain type of blade. At the same time, registered swords are periodically measured and verified to ensure that they remain in Japan and are not replaced with fakes.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by oozyism

It's only different in how it's done.

Not for it's reasons. They are still killing themselves because they feel the failed in something.

I don't think it has anything to do with their culture.

If it did, then Japan should be number one in world suicide statistics, not number two.

Is it a coincidence that Belarus is number one on the list? knowing that 99% of its land has been contaminated?

Japan number 2? knowing that two atom bombs exploded in Japanese territory?

It has nothing to do with Japanese culture, watch the above documentary, they don't say they wanted to suicide because of the culture.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beholdblight

Japanese honour culture is suicide at the face of defeat.

Non of those who committed suicide was defeated in any way or form. It is defeat in a battle, they are not even in a battle, and watch the documentary, culture has nothing to do with it.

How do you explain Belarus?

I would like to know.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Suicide if someone is serious, is fairly easy to accomplish, but this crap about taking out a bunch of others in the process is aholeishness.

I mean, why couldn't he just grab some 220? Chew some polonium? Suck on a tailpipe? Shove his head in a box crusher? Loop reruns of Letters from Iwo Jima?

Either way, when knives are outlawed, only outlaws will own knives.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
Suicide if someone is serious, is fairly easy to accomplish, but this crap about taking out a bunch of others in the process is aholeishness.

I mean, why couldn't he just grab some 220? Chew some polonium? Suck on a tailpipe? Shove his head in a box crusher? Loop reruns of Letters from Iwo Jima?

Funny you don't blame this terrorism on Islam lol..

Lucky this guy didn't have a big bear and a Turban

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

I agree. But it also in a way symbolizes the loneliness of some people, that although they want to commit suicide (an obviously solo act), they don't want to do it alone.
There are also suicide groups created via messaging on the internet, where a group of people will agree to meet and commit suicide together.
Is this a result of the increasing isolation due to instant messaging instead of face to face communication?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

reply to post by beholdblight

Japanese honour culture is suicide at the face of defeat.

Non of those who committed suicide was defeated in any way or form. It is defeat in a battle, they are not even in a battle, and watch the documentary, culture has nothing to do with it.

How do you explain Belarus?

I would like to know.

Really? Explain Kamikaze pilots..............

You apparently dont know much about japanese culture, its not just suicide in defeat.......its an HONOR thing, and its situational......

I guess all those Kamikaze pilots were exposed to all that Hiroshima radiation..........oh wait.......except that was before the 2 bombs were dropped...........

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

Funny you don't blame this terrorism on Islam lol..

Lucky this guy didn't have a big bear and a Turban

I see it took you less than a page to turn this into a Islam debate...........Ooz seriously man knock it off.....

This topic has NOTHING to do with islam, and has NOTHIGN to do with terrorism......

the guy wanted to end his life, so he went on a rampage...........end of story........

top topics

<<   2 >>

join