It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Pyramid Baffles Chinese Scientists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

There must have been many prehistoric civilizations flourished on earth before Noah. Why the obsession to the Pyramid structure? Interesting question. Probably they knew the earth surface was not always stable and not a permanent place and tried to find the most stable structure they can imagine and came up with the pyramids.

Why the stable structure? I think they had the obsession of the preservation of body more than any other cyclic civilization existed on earth for the eternal life. Human’s primordial obsession to the eternal life can not be underestimated. This is my conjecture...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
it could be more of an agriculture thing, like Terrace Fields

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This has been discussed much previously, check the thread. I did a load of research on it and i'm almost certain it's a natural formation...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just to let you guys know, the Chinese used to create mounds to farm on if the soil was too thin,

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect

There must have been many prehistoric civilizations flourished on earth before Noah. Why the obsession to the Pyramid structure? Interesting question. Probably they knew the earth surface was not always stable and not a permanent place and tried to find the most stable structure they can imagine and came up with the pyramids.

Why the stable structure?

Comets/Asteroids struck the Earth nearly wiping out man. They built Pyramids as a "bomb shelter" for future generations to flee into should humanity ever encounter such an event ever again.

There used to be alot of people on this planet once and they all vanished and their cities were buried. It'll happen again. In 2007 Comet Holmes exploded in the solar system and the explosion made it the largest thing in our solar system. Maybe that is what disturbed the Asteroid Belt which has sent asteroids our way and into the sun.

I think that is why they built the pyramids. It would explain why globally there was a rush to build pyramids...by the people that survived the Event. No ET's.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Is this the pyramid with the caves that had the pipelines running though it ?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I love Chinese pyramid threads. Star and flag. The Pyramid girls from the same site are pretty fascinating too...www.weirdasianews.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The info in the OP is not accurate and outdated at best. I made a thread on this a while back and we came to the conclusion that this is nothing more than a natural formation, no aliens involved. I know it's nice to think outside the box but when people see something they don't understand they automatically think something supernatural or out of this world is involved (at least on ATS).

I also do not think there is even a pyramid located on the site. There are no pictures documenting such a structure only pictures of what looks like a regular mountain... just a natural formation. I have done quite a lot of digging on this and never found any evidence that a pyramid even exists on the site
Here is the best picture of the mountain I have found. Can you see a pyramid perched at the top? I can't....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/442b0d64a43f.jpg[/atsimg]

Read this it gives a realistic point of view on this formation and the "pipes" that were found there.

Three years before Bai Yu took his first peek into the cave at Lake Toson, researchers Mossa and Schumacher wrote in the Journal of Sedimentary Research about fossil tree casts in Louisiana. They found cylindrical structures in the soil, thermoluminescence dated from 75-95,000 years ago. The chemical composition of the cylinders varied depending on where and when they formed and in what type of soil. The authors found that these were the fossilized casts of tree roots, formed by pedogenesis (the process by which soil is created) and diagenesis (the lithification of soil into rock through compaction and cementation). The result of this process was to create metallic pipelike structures, which by comparing the descriptions offered by researchers, appear to be a perfect match for the Baigong Pipes.

The Chinese scientists eventually did come to the same conclusion, according to the Xinmin Weekly article. They used atomic emission spectroscopy to conduct a detailed chemical analysis of the rusty pipe fragments, and found them to contain organic plant matter. Under the microscope they found tree rings, consistently throughout the samples. Once they established that the Baigong Pipes were simply fossilized tree casts, they set about to discover how they got there. The Qaidam basin was once a vast lake, which has disappeared as the Qinghai-Tibet plateau uplifted the basin to its current elevation of about 2800 meters.

Over the millennia, various floods filled the sink with runoff, alluvium, and debris including such fossils. They can now be found wherever such ancient flows deposited them, and it seems that Bai Yu was lucky enough to discover just such a pocket. And so we end up with a complete story of how rusty iron pipes, tens of thousands of years older than any people who might have forged them, can end up embedded in solid sandstone in such a way as to baffle the average observer. Like many amateur researchers, Bai Yu stumbled upon an extraordinary discovery, but through his lack of applicable knowledge, misinterpreted what he saw.

Those who underestimate the Earth's ability to produce fascinating effects are often left to grope for goofy explanations like alien construction projects. I find that the Baigong Pipes are one of the better examples of the folly of stopping at the paranormal explanation, compared to the rich rewards offered by following the scientific method to uncover what's really going on.

edit on 17-12-2010 by TV_Nation because: Added info

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Crazy to come too the realization that these pyramids are every where on earth. The world today is radically different from those of old. No connection to the environment.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Facinating topic, thanks for posting. Lately there has been so many TV shows and books on the paramids and their locations. The questions I would like to see answered is, why are they here and what purpose did they serve at that time? Who built them? Right now everything about them is speculation. Can't wait until there is more information found on this topic.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm confused on this thread. In one place there are pics of the pyramid, and in another place the pyramid pics show a simple non-pyramid mountain.

If you look at the pyramid details in the OP, it looks like the same construction technique as the Bosnian pyramid: large stone plates, filler material, advanced age.

Who knows. Why would aliens build pyramids, anyway? Road signs? Milestones? People from our future creating public works projects to advance ancient man? Future humans with a sense of humor just messing with our minds?

I like the new discovery about how the Big Bang theory is on it's ear. More scientific.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Wow, that's pretty cool. Is anyone else having flashbacks of the game Crysis, because this story sounds almost exactly like the storyline. Just replace the Koreans with the Chinese. I wonder if it gets really cold when you go into those strange entrances

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

The Giants that supposedly existed before the flood, were recorded to be 13-14 feet tall.

"Deuteronomy 3:11 For only Og the king of Bashan was left of the remnant of the Rephaim. Behold, his bed was a bed of iron. Is it not in Rabbah of the Ammonites? Nine cubits was its length, and four cubits its breadth, according to the common cubit."

A cubit is about 18 inches or 45 centimeters. I am not asking that anyone believe this at all, I'm just throwing this out there as a thought. Without modern technology would the task be as difficult for a giant to build a pyramid compared to a man?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Those are not pyramids like in Egypt. They are mound pyramids. The same was built in the Mississippi river Valley and several other places. It's cultural convergences. Mankind is predominantly the same. Though out brains are programmed differently, we all think a lot. Geometric perfections are just one of those base line similarities in all human history.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

I would like to know if there is a means to identify the age of the pyramid. Does it correspond to the Incas and the Mayans?

I am not for the idea of anything more fantastic than a civilization which possessed great knowledge. I don't cotton to the idea of extraterrestrials but rather that of an advanced civilization. It would appear that connective devices, pipes, and the like are rather commonplace in various times and places.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Interesting find. But the scientists are likely to cover it up...as usual.
Notice how common the number three is in ET stories. I don't know how they are related but I just noticed.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

My thoughts exactly friend. We all learn something new each day. In a way it makes me appreciate China's beauty even more now...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Nice finding...thanks for sharing

..I've been studied the chinese pyramid myself, and have found a very interesting similarity between The largest pyramid in China and the Great Pyramid of Giza(Egypt) and the Pyramid of the Sun(Mexico). All three pyramids are measured the same length(223 meters), which you can see for yourself using google earth(the coordinates are in the photos below).

/Ander

edit on 17-12-2010 by denmark1973 because: I forgot all the information

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by denmark1973

Holy # 0_0, I wonder what the theory for that is? Can you even debunk a fact like this? I don't see how these pyramids could all the same size just by chance.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by denmark1973

Xi'an was never finished, it was actually supposed to be 4 times larger than the great pyramid. They say the thing is so intricate that it took too long to build and the people(slaves) revolted. It took over 20 years, I beileve. So they never got close to the finished construction size. They found writings saying how big it was supposed to be which was 450m high and they said it is nowhere near that.

As for all three pyramids being the same size, I'll have to do some research on it, because that's amazing if true.

Thanks for the intriguing comment.

Pred...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join