It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Shot Down Over Israeli Nuclear Plant!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
This has already been posted like 4 times today.

No it hasn't!

There is absolutely no way on earth the Israeli military are stupid enough to scramble to intercept a party balloon! There was visual from somebody at the nuclear plant or radar contact for the scramble to happen. Party balloons are not visible on radar and would not alert the military. The IDF would not report shooting down a balloon to the media as it would hardly make them look competent. Get a grip posters lol.

The trouble is if it is a black ops craft or ET craft then, as there is a cover up, we will not get the details like radar confirmation or photographs taken by nuclear site staff so this is just another tease I'm afraid. It may well be no big deal but we can't claim to know that so stop pretending you know it's a balloon...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Come onnnnnnnnnn --I think it was a drone plane from iran-- we have seen them with them. They have a drone factory.Soooooooo!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Israel was not sure if it was a weather Balloon...So if it was not a weather balloon then it was a UFO anyways in illegal airspace.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
There is absolutely no way on earth the Israeli military are stupid enough to scramble to intercept a party balloon! There was visual from somebody at the nuclear plant or radar contact for the scramble to happen. Party balloons are not visible on radar and would not alert the military. The IDF would not report shooting down a balloon to the media as it would hardly make them look competent. Get a grip posters lol.

This is a very strange story. The Israeli military are not only stupid enough shooting down a paty balloon with a missile - it all happens in the vicinity of a nuclear plant. They shoot missiles in the vicinity of a nuclear plant because of a party balloon. Huh? *scratches head*

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

No it hasn't!

Actually, it has been
Well, not sure if it really was 4 times, but I saw at least two threads on the subject earlier today. But the swamp gas joke made me post here lol. Think about the Israel military shooting down swamp gas.. I still find it funny, even twenty minutes after LOL

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
this will probably sound stupid but, is it even possible for a jet fighter to take down a party balloon?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0

No it hasn't!

Actually, it has been
Well, not sure if it really was 4 times, but I saw at least two threads on the subject earlier today. But the swamp gas joke made me post here lol. Think about the Israel military shooting down swamp gas.. I still find it funny, even twenty minutes after LOL

You're right, some of the replies to this post have to be in the top 10 unintentionally funny posts. Either the Israelis are on crack or the person attempting the swamp gas explanation was on acid LOL.

Apologies if it was posted earlier but I haven't seen it in the UFO forum and I get notified of all new topics normally. Might have been on a different board...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The trouble is if it is a black ops craft or ET craft then, as there is a cover up, we will not get the details like radar confirmation or photographs taken by nuclear site staff so this is just another tease I'm afraid.

You have pretty much hit the nail on the head here; either the balloon story is true or else it's a cover up for something more exotic, either way we're not going to get any more information to suggest otherwise.

One thing that has piqued my interest is that the incident occurred in the vicinity of a nuclear plant, as there is a long history of UFOs showing an interest in our nuclear facilities and bases.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

You make a good point. Depending on its size, its not impossible for it to shoot down the balloon. I just wouldn't expect them to use missiles nor to my knowledge expect them to be able to effectively lock on? (Correct me if need be, not familiar with aircraft targeting systems). I would expect in any case that the pilot would have engaged with the onboard guns before firing a missile at it (That is if unable to acquire a missile lock). That all depends on its vicinity of the said balloon to the nuclear plant of course.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I did not know that you could get a missile lock on a balloon....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
A very odd story, the Israeli's have a no # policy but unless this item was huge I doubt they would have been fooled by a balloon of odd shape. I believe that there were report that they were examining the wreckage??

Wreckage of a balloon??

Servos for fans maybe??

And to take it out close to a Nuclear facility seems very weird unless they were VERY sure of the intent...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The article doesn't say that aircraft were sent to intercept the object or that air-to-air weapons were used. I'm going to look for a more thorough article.

"... IAF radar stations had detected the flying object over the Dead Sea in the early afternoon and scrambled fighter jets to identify and intercept it, IDF sources said. After determining that the balloon was unmanned and concerned that it might have been dispatched to gather intelligence on the reactor or might contain explosives, IAF commander Maj.-Gen. Ido Nehushtan ordered it shot down. ..."
www.jpost.com...

"... The Israeli media, citing an Israeli military spokeswoman, identified the object shot down by an F-16 jet as an unmanned balloon powered by an engine. ..."
www.jta.org...
edit on 18-12-2010 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This:

is the remnants of a party balloon?
Really?

Here's the translation:

The Reuters news agency released a while ago that an Israeli aircraft shot down on Thursday (16) an unidentified object flying over a suspected nuclear plant in the town of Dimona, according to a report of safety.

As autoridades do país investigam o incidente. The country's authorities are investigating the incident. Um alerta emitido na seqüência do avistamento do objeto levou à suspensão de todos os vôos civis na região sul do país. A warning issued in the sequence of the sighting of the object led to the suspension of all civilian flights in the south of the country.

Possivelmente algum tipo de balão, “definitivamente sobrevoou Dimona. Possibly some kind of balloon, "definitely flew Dimona. Nós ainda estamos tentando determinar a quem estava subordinado e agora o Exército está cuidando do assunto”, informou um porta-voz. We're still trying to determine who was subordinate and now the Army is handling the issue, "said a spokesman.

A Força Aérea acabou derrubando o artefato, aparentemente não tripulado, que tinha entrado em zona de exclusão aérea. The Air Force ended up dropping the artifact, apparently unmanned, had entered into no-fly zone. Não há até ao momento informação sobre a origem do aparelho, que segundo a imprensa local teria algum grau de sofisticação. There is to date information on the origin of the appliance, according to local press would have some degree of sophistication.

Maiores detalhes serão divulgados em breve. Further details will be announced soon.
www.novodna.net...

edit on 18-12-2010 by Human_Alien because: fix link

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't know if I get more annoyed or more insulted with these stories lately.

NYC orbs were balloons releases from a street vendor then...... a classroom
Norway Spiral was a rocket gone amok
Chinese Airport was a military test
O'Hara International Airport was.....they never DID say what that was. They just dropped the story.
Phoenix Lights were flares
Roswell was a weather balloon
9-11 was....oops. Wrong thread

As long as the people who are running the show (PTB) have a media venue, a long list of lies and a dumb-down audience, they're going to keep hitting us up with more and more insults.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think the MSM just used the excuse to buy time until they received further orders "official explanation" after investigating who knows what. And who seen this, was it filmed, photos, testimony and things that might contradict the official story like the lies they used with roswell. So they are going to want to cover their tracks. So the Iranians have "motorized drones" now

Isreal seems to be acting like a kid that got caught with his hand in the cookie jar

I heard it was TR3B somewhere? I doubt that since they would be shooting down it's own allies craft

I remember when Saddam use to launch Scud missiles all the time in to Israel in gulf 1 and the media knew instantly what it was. So whats is the problem here? If a balloon than no big deal right? It's not like Israel has a bad reputation anyway, or has a transparent policy. I can just imagine the pilots asking to get confirmation to engage said balloon.

The only way we will get an explanation on the incident from Israel is if people start to talk and point to a real flying saucer and yell aliens from space. That is how these things work, then we will get a watered down story how jets were never there and it was s false alarm. Or a flock or birds showed up on radar.

Why would they fire on something non threatening as a balloon in the vicinity of a Nuke plant? That is like lighting a candle in your house after leaving the gas running on the stove for a few hours.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
This:

is the remnants of a party balloon?
Really?

Looks the like space shuttle Challenger explosion?

That thing was packing some explosive material.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Remember a couple weeks ago, that guy sent his iphone to outer space via a balloon to get amateur video?

I bet someone in israel is pissed their iphone got explodered. I mean, they thought it was a balloon, it probably was. Combustible gases go boom?

Of course, it could be a spaceship full of NWO reptilians, or it could be the palestinians making some sort of cherry blossom ripoffs......or could be some guy and his kid copying a popular media story from the past several weeks.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Man, Jesus just can't catch a break. Every time the guy tries to come back he gets killed one way or another.
Cloak dude!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It was Santa on an early call out....

The garbage they feed us isn't funny anymore!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
wouldnt it be something if we found out one day that our governments really werent spreading lies when they called every UFO a balloon and that aliens actually DO fly around in large ...balloons. I do believe every single one of our minds would = blown at that point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join